Outdoors
Sponsored by

Any recommendations on E bikes?

1,829 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tmaggies
tmaggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at Pedego brand.
GeorgiAg
AG
LukeDuke
AG
I bought an ecotric about 3 years ago, and it's been a great purchase.

I would normally spend more for quality, but it was recommended by another hunter.

It takes me 3-5 miles back on hard to reach public land. I sparingly use the motor going in...so I know it'll have plenty of juice coming out.

I ride it around the house without using the motor to help stay in shape. It's light enough to lift over a fence...but heavy enough to give you a great workout.

Tires are the main concern if you ride off road. Tire liners help but I still go through tubes pretty often and always carry an extra one.
Mas89
AG
Specialized Turbo Levo are the bikes a family member had out in Reno when we were there in June. The teenagers rode them for hours in some pretty steep/ rough terrain in the hills above Damonte high school. They were gone so long I worried about the batteries going dead somewhere remote. But they made it back before dark with plenty of battery life left. Amazing bikes. BIL said they are about 53 lbs.
he has since bought a lighter, 42 lb. Pivot Shuttle bike. Haven't seen it yet but they are into bikes.
tmaggies
AG
We rented the pedego bikes at the store in Castle Rock Colorado and absolutely loved them. We are retired couple and wouldn't be doing much rugged stuff but want quality. The Pedego brand has a five year warranty but didn't want to jump into any particular bike without advice or research. We do want the fat tire to have the option of off road though. I can also use mine to quietly get to the deer stand!
aggieforester05
AG
I rode my mountain bike at the farm the other day. I went back and got my KTM after I pedaled up the first hill. I do find the e-bike concept interesting for hunting due to how silent they are, but for much more riding than that, the longer wheelbase, weight, and superior suspension make the dirt bike feel so much more stable off road.
two1993ags
If you're in Houston area go look at the Ninja at west Houston Archery. Primary reason I went with them was price and they service the bikes there in the shop. Customer service has been exceptional for me in the past.
FirefightAg
AG
What's the price outlook on ebikes? Will the quality ones stay around $2k for the foreseeable future...will the rapid expansion of lithium battery help or hurt the prices
Fatvis
AG
I want a Volcon Grunt bad but hoping they drop in price over the next couple of years.
EMY92
AG
Nows your chance to put a Porsche in the garage.

https://shop.porsche.com/us/en-US/c/e-bikes
techno-ag
AG
EMY92 said:

Nows your change to put a Porsche in the garage.

https://shop.porsche.com/us/en-US/c/e-bikes
Only $15k?

Pffft. I'll wait for the Lamborghini.
shiftyandquick
I'm probably going to buy a Lectric. One of the best cheap e-bikes. The best selling one in it's price bracket.
techno-ag
AG
shiftyandquick said:

I'm probably going to buy a Lectric. One of the best cheap e-bikes. The best selling one in its price bracket.
Careful with the cheap ones, they like to catch on fire.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/24/why-e-bikes-are-killing-new-yorkers/amp/
shiftyandquick
You can get a super cheap bike for a lot less than a lectric. I think those are the ones to be avoided in terms of possibly cheap battery sourcing.
AgTrip

Get one with a sidecar! If I had to ride one, I'd roll up in that with a dog wearing goggles in the sidecar!
AgLA06
AG
tmaggies said:

Looking at Pedego brand.
For what?

Riding to work?

Recreation?

Hunting?

Back up in bed of truck in case of break down?

Most likely vastly different answers depending on intended majority use.
swampstander
AG
Fatvis said:

I want a Volcon Grunt bad but hoping they drop in price over the next couple of years.
Here you go.

https://loveyardov.xyz/product_details/71533439.html
ArmyAg97
AG
Fatvis said:

You can find them for $3,500 or so.
tmaggies
AG
Leisure riding at destinations with our camper. Currently in Utah and there are multiple opportunities here as well as Colorado. Might use during hunting season also.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.