Outdoors
Sponsored by

Not ready for this

4,369 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by 1990Hullaballoo
JB!98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The older I get, the more I hate the heat!
Drillbit4
AG
I agree. Early June too. I thought El Niño years were cooler and wetter summers?
SteveBott
AG
We have the same forecast here in central Texas. I thought El Niño was more of a later fall winter event
HockeyAg07
AG
Texas summers blow.
SteveBott
AG
Our summer
zooguy96
50 degrees tomorrow morning in beautiful East Tennessee.
texags08
AG
Dang humidity. I moved away from Houston for a reason. It was 74 degrees and 85% humidity this morning in Austin. I've been sweating balls all day.
BrazosDog02
AG
I'll take 105 over 40 degree days any time. I far prefer the heat. I'm west of San Antonio so it's a little drier. Heat, gnats, whatever. As long as I'm not cold, I can deal.
JB!98
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I'll take 105 over 40 degree days any time. I far prefer the heat. I'm west of San Antonio so it's a little drier. Heat, gnats, whatever. As long as I'm not cold, I can deal.
Not me, give me the cold.
zachsccr
AG
JB!98 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

This. I can layer up, but I can only take off so many clothes before I get into trouble
SanAntoneAg
AG
Went down to ranch this morning. AC guy came out, hole in coil. Declined the $400 price tag to recharge it. It would be blowing hot again in August. Drove back home this evening.
Gig 'em! '90
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Put me in the "love the heat" camp. Reminds me of summers growing up. Feels like "home". We're Texans after all.
powerbelly
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Agree.
bigfoot10s
AG
Could have predicted this for y'all.

Tennis camp starts tomorrow. Never been cool for camp!
An L of an Ag
AG
I prefer the heat. It means I can spend more time enjoying the pool after 8-ish months of maintaining it.
Rattler12
I love any day I wake up ...hot, cold, whatever is a whole lot better than the alternative. You youngsters will figure that out some day in the future
Hoyt Ag
AG
45 degrees this morning in Buford, CO. Headed out to fly fish at noon.
AggieOO
This summer will be tougher for me than normal. Was maybe 2 days from a promo and move to Colorado. Company shut down all movement and re-orged before HR could get ne my offer.

I like some heat, but these days, I'll take the cold, up to a certain point. The in-laws live in Northern Wisconsin. I'll take 100 degrees over those -40 windchill days. You can't even go outside. At least in 100, I can get in water and still be outside.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Yall need to come visit, bud.
fixer
Older I get the more I can stand the cold.
Bird93
AG
I don't mind the heat if we could get a little respite at night, but when it's still 95* at midnight…that sucks balls. Give me sunshine with lows in the mid to high 40s and highs in the upper 60s.
Gunny456
AG
Sound wisdom. I always thank the Good Lord in the morning saying " Thank you for today..., the hope of yesterday."
NRH ag 10
AG
I checked texags as I was drinking my morning coffee and happened upon this thread. Felt sincerely sorry for you poor *******s as I pulled up to the trailhead, unloaded my dirt bike on a delightful 54* morning, and did a 30 mile trail ride on national forest taht has about 130 miles of OHV trails. It was 67* when I got back to my truck.

5 years in CO. I'll visit Texas every few years to see friends from my old church group and go to Austin to watch Moto GP, but I ain't moving back.
JB!98
AG
And the hits just keep on coming. I picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue and trying to bring back a hydrophobic yard.
BrownDeerAggie
AG
Had to turn heat on the last two days at home here in Wisconsin. Will be back home in Aggieland late next week and assuming I probably won't have the heat on.
Psalm 42:1
ballchain
schmellba99
AG
NRH ag 10 said:

I checked texags as I was drinking my morning coffee and happened upon this thread. Felt sincerely sorry for you poor *******s as I pulled up to the trailhead, unloaded my dirt bike on a delightful 54* morning, and did a 30 mile trail ride on national forest taht has about 130 miles of OHV trails. It was 67* when I got back to my truck.

5 years in CO. I'll visit Texas every few years to see friends from my old church group and go to Austin to watch Moto GP, but I ain't moving back.
Come back with this in January and February when i'ts 10 degrees and you have 7 feet of snow covering everything like last year.

Extremes of any kind suck. I remember how the heat out in AZ during the summers would just drain you of energy in no time flat. At least here we have humidity to cool things off, and shade. But hot and humit is rough, no doubt.
rather be fishing
AG
StinkyPinky
AG
JB!98 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

As someone who grew up in South Texas and now lives in midwest, give me the cold as well. I can escape the cold much better than I can escape the heat.
zooguy96
ballchain said:

zooguy96 said:

50 degrees tomorrow morning in beautiful East Tennessee.

BRAGGART!!

Yep.
zooguy96
We have the best of both worlds. Barely gets into the 90's in the summer and doesn't get much below 25 or so that often in the winter with a couple good snows.

Plus, if it gets too hot, you just go up into the mountains where it's 10-15 degrees cooler.
Hoyt Ag
AG
StinkyPinky said:

JB!98 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

As someone who grew up in South Texas and now lives in midwest, give me the cold as well. I can escape the cold much better than I can escape the heat.
Grew up in Houston, then South Texas, now in NW CO. I enjoy the cold as well. This was a rough winter, and I admit I was over it around early March. Today its around 60, light winds and sunny. Absolutely beautiful.
1990Hullaballoo
AG
I think this was at Washington on the Brazos state park and believe it was a quote from one of the first settlers to reach the area.

Ain't nothing new about what we have now.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.