Outdoors
Sponsored by

Full auto MP5 stolen from gun range

7,427 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasRebel
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Caliber said:

IMnAg79 said:

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023/05/09/arrest-made-in-theft-of-sub-machine-gun-from-converse-gun-range/?__vfz=medium%3Dconversations_top_pages
Quote:

The affidavit says detectives determined the ID card actually belonged to a woman who died in a fire last December.
It says by searching social media accounts for that woman and her family, they determined that Herring was her sister.
They believe Herring used her dead sister's ID during the theft.
That is messed up... and also not that bright.

Yeah wearing a low cut top with her tattoo visible sure helped ease the positive ID.
ChillyAg19
AG
full auto weapons should be legal
OnlyForNow
AG
Stealing full auto weapons should led to immediate application of a 22 LR to the rear of the cranium.
Hungry Ojos
So did they recover the gun?????
TXCAV
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

AgLaw94 said:

Umm. If it's a full auto MP5 that value is off by an order of magnitude.
more than that. MP5 in decent working condition would be closer to $35-40k, no?
Only a fully transferrable actual HK MP5 is worth that. If it's a HK clone post sample, $3-5K is accurate. We built 2 for under $6k. If someone has a type Type 7 with Class 3 SOT they can build and register machineguns, we refer to them as post samples. Post samples cannot be sold to civilians, and must be sold to another dealer, military/LEO, or de-milled. Post sample values are significantly less than a transferable.
Irish 2.0
Hungry Ojos said:

My question as well because that article makes no mention of it.
ChillyAg19
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Stealing full auto weapons should led to immediate application of a 22 LR to the rear of the cranium.
both can be true
TxTarpon
Amber Herring, 25, was taken into custody, apparently her visible chest tattoo did her in.

Quote:

Link
CONVERSE, Texas
Bexar County sheriff's detectives have arrested a woman in connection with the theft of a submachine gun from a Converse shooting range.

Court documents show Amber Herring, 25, was taken into custody late Monday night, then booked into the Bexar County jail.

She faces charges related to the theft and possession of a prohibited firearm. Her bond is set at $30,000.
The arrest affidavit says Herring appears to have the same tattoo on her chest that is seen on a woman caught on surveillance video at Lone Star Handgun shooting range.

The owner of the Converse business shared that video with KSAT 12 News.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
bam02
AG
Geez, lady. I guess the tailgate down and parking out of camera view was the extent of her brilliant scheme.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
TxTarpon said:

Amber Herring, 25, was taken into custody, apparently her visible chest tattoo did her in.

Quote:

Link
CONVERSE, Texas
Bexar County sheriff's detectives have arrested a woman in connection with the theft of a submachine gun from a Converse shooting range.

Court documents show Amber Herring, 25, was taken into custody late Monday night, then booked into the Bexar County jail.

She faces charges related to the theft and possession of a prohibited firearm. Her bond is set at $30,000.
The arrest affidavit says Herring appears to have the same tattoo on her chest that is seen on a woman caught on surveillance video at Lone Star Handgun shooting range.

The owner of the Converse business shared that video with KSAT 12 News.

You don't say?
AG
highvelocity said:

if anyone finds a cash of full auto mp5s worth 2500 a piece, please call me.

You paying cache?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
TXCAV said:

AgLaw94 said:

Only a fully transferrable actual HK MP5 is worth that. If it's a HK clone post sample, $3-5K is accurate. We built 2 for under $6k. If someone has a type Type 7 with Class 3 SOT they can build and register machineguns, we refer to them as post samples. Post samples cannot be sold to civilians, and must be sold to another dealer, military/LEO, or de-milled. Post sample values are significantly less than a transferable.
my number was 100% real HK MP5 fully civilian legal and subject to artificial demand
Psycho Bunny
For 20k cash you can buy a full auto M4 over in Mexico. Just have to deal with the cartels, corrupt police and getting back across into Texas. But with May 11th approaching, boarder crossing will be a lot easier.
agwrestler
AG
4 said:

highvelocity said:

You paying cache?

Well played.
Mas89
AG
Great example for needed Federal prosecution /court involvement. No bail and no parole after conviction.

This is the exact kind of case they should be most concerned about. Felony theft of a machine gun. Why the hell would they let Bexar county handle and prosecute this case?
highvelocity
AG
cash moniesss

i love when i make dumb grammar mistakes
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
D Nauti
Hungry Ojos said:

The radio news I heard when this broke said on of the charges was possession on an illegal fire arm. To me that sounds like they recovered the gun.
TXCAV

TXCAV said:

AgLaw94 said:

my number was 100% real HK MP5 fully civilian legal and subject to artificial demand
Last one we sold was for about $36K.
EMY92
AG
The article linked about states that the gun has not been recovered.
WestTexAg12
AG
This chick should sit in jail until the gun is recovered.

And then 25 more years after that.

You want to curb "gun violence", start here.
AG
Mas89 said:

Great example for needed Federal prosecution /court involvement. No bail and no parole after conviction.

This is the exact kind of case they should be most concerned about. Felony theft of a machine gun. Why the hell would they let Bexar county handle and prosecute this case?

Because for the feds it isn't about "gun violence".

Never has been.
D Nauti
D Nauti said:

Hungry Ojos said:

The radio news I heard when this broke said on of the charges was possession on an illegal fire arm. To me that sounds like they recovered the gun.
My guess that they recovered the gun because of the possession charge was wrong, they are still looking for it and whoever was driving the truck she left in.
TX_COWDOC
AG
4 said:

highvelocity said:

You paying cache?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
TexasRebel
AG
AgLaw94 said:

Only if it's transferable.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.