Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dude kills suspect that stole his truck

10,765 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by BrazosDog02
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

I've said all along, this is the logical outcome from police abandoning their duty to enforce the laws. When they refuse to do it, people will start doing it for themselves. And if I am ever on the jury for somebody who does, I am going to refuse to convict them.
100% this, all day, every day. Twice on Sundays.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I don't think they make the Jury convene on Sundays.
schmellba99
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

I don't think they make the Jury convene on Sundays.
Well, if they did i'd vote not guilty twice!
rwtxag83
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

txags92 said:

TikkaShooter said:

I think its normal to be upset that the police departments in all major cities DGAF

I don't think its normal to be "meh" about killing someone for a truck. Kinda shocked how many posters here are applauding the "i'll happily hunt down and kill a thief" mentality. Y'all need to see your pcp and get a script for some SSRI's.
Easy solution for the people who are worried about people being killed for stealing a truck. Stop stealing trucks. If it isn't worth killing somebody over, it isn't worth dying for either. All of this stops if people stop stealing things or the public has some reason to believe the police will help them if it does. As long as theft is rampant and the police refuse to do anything to help, IMO people are justified to use force to protect their $50+k vehicles.
this is the exact type of lesson I was teaching my 6 y.o. daughter this weekend after she came crying that her 4 yo brother punched her in the face. Turned out she had been harassing him verbally and physically and he finally snapped and clocked her. my lesson to her was that, while it was not ok that he punched her, that sometimes when we hurt people, they will hurt you back whether or not it is right, and so often, the best way to not get hurt, is to not hurt/be mean to others. if a 6 year old can understand this, it shouldn't be hard to teach to adults. don't play stupid games, and usually, you wont win stupid prizes.
Yep. Mess with the bull long enough, you get the horns.
An Ag in CO
AG
One of the issues is that the official punishment for certain crimes does not line up with the punishment the offended party can dole out. Just make most crimes punishable by death and then the post-justice investigation is pretty straightforward - did the individual commit a crime? If yes, then no need to go further as that is the punishment that would have been given had it gone through the court system. Then it's not just the victim that can mete out justice - you see a crime being committed then you can implement the expected penalty. I'm sure there are some crimes for which death is not an appropriate punishment, but as long as you include white collar crimes (stealing money rather than goods is somehow better?) in the deserves death category then all levels of society are subject to the most extreme punishment available. Whether a pack of Juicy Fruit is stolen or you are short-changed $5 dollars - it's all the same.
schmellba99
AG
Uhhhhh.....I'm gonna just say I disagree with that logic
River Bass
I dont think the truck owner was doling out a punishment.

He went to retrieve his property and the thief put the truck owner's life in danger so the truck owner responded with deadly force.

The consequences of vigilante justice are usually far more violent because most citizens dont have the abilities to detain people and book them into jail. This is why it is important for law enforcement and courts to do their job effectively so that vigilantes dont have to get involved.

BrazosDog02
AG
schmellba99 said:

Uhhhhh.....I'm gonna just say I disagree with that logic

I'm with you. That may be a tad much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.