Outdoors
Sponsored by

San Antonio Trip

3,787 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SMM48
riffraff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My favorite downtown-ish hole in the wall is MK Davis. Coldest schooner of beer around (think ice falling off a heavy glass of Shiner) topped off with excellent chicken fried steak and Tex-mex.
JB!98
AG
riffraff said:

My favorite downtown-ish hole in the wall is MK Davis. Coldest schooner of beer around (think ice falling off a heavy glass of Shiner) topped off with excellent chicken fried steak and Tex-mex.
Try the nachos also. They are so darn simple and old school, but good.
rak1693
AG
Another vote for Paloma Blanca although La Fonda is a great choice. I got beef enchiladas recently at Paloma and it was definitely the best I've ever had. Dough Pizzeria is great pizza in Southtown and their ingredients are shipped directly from Italy. Their stuff is so fresh. 2M is fantastic but for a shorter line, I think Smoke Shack is a good alternative. For breakfast, La Panaderia is our go-to. I always get the chorizo and egg torta.
Boodlum
AG
lawless89 said:

Don't drive your f250 there if you have one.
Whats the deal on this? lol
rak1693
AG
A.G.S.94 said:

Ella - my bad.

OB coming through as always.

Told my wife and daughter "give me a sec and i will have plenty of good options"

My daughter asked if i was on Reddit - I informed her the only source I trust in this day and age is the OB - even when ya'll are making s$%t up.

Hotel Emma*** Hotel Ella is a cool hotel but it's in Austin
A.G.S.94

At Schilo's as we speak.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Boodlum said:

lawless89 said:

The lovely people of San Antonio have a thing for breaking into and/or stealing F250/350s. Close runner up would be F150s.
txags92
AG
Boodlum said:

lawless89 said:

People are getting their F250s stolen very shortly after they walk away from them at hotels in the area. Assumption is that either thieves are watching the hotel parking lots or hotel workers are tipping them off. By the time people sleep for the night and wake up to realize their truck is gone, it is already in Mexico.
Apache
AG
Quote:

hotel workers are tipping them off.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Especially the hotels in the RIM area. Do NOT stay at Hilton garden Inn there.
lotsofhp
AG
I highly recommend Soluna on Broadway/Sunset.

Give their "Chispa" a try.

Their Tacos de Pollo Loco are incredible. They blow everyone away.
p_bubel
Mission San Jose.
aggietb
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Boodlum said:

lawless89 said:

The lovely people of San Antonio have a thing for breaking into and/or stealing F250/350s. Close runner up would be F150s.

Yeah my F150 got broken into last week in my driveway of a gated neighborhood, not my wife's Jeep or any of the neighbors vehicles.
WaldoWings
If you are passing through new braunfels around lunch get some breakfast tacos at Granzin's!
Horse with No Name
Man, this thread is bringing back memories and making me take notice of how much I've forgotten about SA.

Taco Garage is/was great for breakfast tacos on Broadway at 410. Beto's is across the street and has awesome empanadas--both sweet and savory.

Does anybody know if Brown's is still open? They had the quintessential old school TexMex enchiladas--Three cheese enchilada with chili con carne.

Radike's Bluebonnet Grill has awesome jalapeno fried chicken on WW White.

Honestly, you could eat your way up and down Broadway, San Pedro, and Austin Highway and fully understand how SA is always in the running for fattest city in US!
Ridin' 'cross the desert. . .
lotsofhp
AG
Horse with No Name said:

Man, this thread is bringing back memories and making me take notice of how much I've forgotten about SA.

Taco Garage is/was great for breakfast tacos on Broadway at 410. Beto's is across the street and has awesome empanadas--both sweet and savory.

Does anybody know if Brown's is still open? They had the quintessential old school TexMex enchiladas--Three cheese enchilada with chili con carne.

Radike's Bluebonnet Grill has awesome jalapeno fried chicken on WW White.

Honestly, you could eat your way up and down Broadway, San Pedro, and Austin Highway and fully understand how SA is always in the running for fattest city in US!

Radike's is such a gem. Great food in a terrible part of town. You can have the jalapeño chicken grilled as well. Food is awesome and there is one hot chick working in there that seems totally out of place. Makes no since but she's worked there for years. Trailer park rose.

Edit to add: Taco garage closed down. I liked that place too.
Apache
AG
While you're in SA, be sure to check out some of the local talent as well!!
Allen76
AG
Guenther House at the old Pioneer Flour Mill is good and a very good place to visit at least once as a tourist. It is a little bit of history of how Mr. Guenther came to SA and started the flour mill. It's a little south of downtown but it is a very short driving distance.

It's on Guenther Street ! Breakfasts are great and I would bet they are served all day. But other foods are really good too.
SMM48
AG
Excellent choice Paloma Blanca
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.