Outdoors
Sponsored by

3 day Argentina Dove Hunt for 4 - $1,000

4,841 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by southernskies
southernskies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maddiedou
AG
Looks like a nice place and 40 million dove I would think I could kill at least one this dove hunt

Looks expensive. 200 a day for license and gun rental and i wonder how much is a box of shells

Then you gotta tip the bird cleaner, the guide, the cook,the maid, Probably even the damn dogs

I assume it could get expensive real quick but 250per for your 3 day hunt for 4 seems like a deal from looking at website
ATXAdvisor
AG
maddiedou said:

Looks like a nice place and 40 million dove I would think I could kill at least one this dove hunt

Looks expensive. 200 a day for license and gun rental and i wonder how much is a box of shells

Then you gotta tip the bird cleaner, the guide, the cook,the maid, Probably even the damn dogs

I assume it could get expensive real quick but 250per for your 3 day hunt for 4 seems like a deal from looking at website

I've hunted at another of the David Dennis properties in Crdoba and agree that $250 each for 3 days is a good deal. The shells are @ .50 each, and you probably shoot 1500-2000 of them in 3 days.
maddiedou
AG
So what do you think about 3000 for the 3days after airfare
Tips
Shells
Gun rental
License
And probably incidentals
ATXAdvisor
AG
maddiedou said:

So what do you think about 3000 for the 3days after airfare
Tips
Shells
Gun rental
License
And probably incidentals

That's the going price. Don't forget hotel stays likely on the front and or back end in Buenos Aires plus whatever you spend while there.
FIDO 96
AG
Just got back from our Dave Denies trip (also won at a DU Banquet). We did Uruguay Lodge. Shells were $19/box. Shot 53 boxes. Gun rental, shells and gratuity ran me $1700. Booked airfare in February. It was $1300. The entire trip was worth every penny!
clinte234
AG
53 boxes by yourself or as a group?
FIDO 96
AG
53 over 2.5 days. I hunted Perdiz twice. Only shoot a box per morning. Could have easily shot 65-70 boxes if you only shoot at dove.
southernskies
Everything that isn't included in the $1,000 package is all standard add-ons that most of the lodges charge is what I'm understanding. So basically you are paying $250 for 3 nights of lodging with unlimited steak and wine. I guarantee you will not find the same quality for cheaper anywhere else.

maddiedou
AG
I agree It is a deal because I saw on the website I believe it is4-600 a night just for the stay and then all the extras as mentioned above
Duncan Idaho
25 boxes a day? Unless everyone is as a bad of a shot as I am, how is that sustainable? I mean if the population can support that kind of daily bags, fine but it reminds me of the passenger pigeons.

Sounds like a great trip. Its just that those numbers are mind blowing
OnlyForNow
AG
There ain't that many people shooting them and the doves eat thousands of pounds of grain a day from farmers.

You're essentially saving Argentinian live stock and humans from starvation!
Duncan Idaho
Makes sense
OnlyForNow
AG
First part is 100% serious. The hunters don't do a dent in the millions of dove that are there.

The 2nd part obviously a bit tongue in cheek, but the birds do eat a lot of the grain.
V8Aggie
AG
In 4 days I killed 2,205 dove. There are plenty.

Don't ask how many shells I went through…
southernskies
Want to do it again?
cupofjoe04
AG
V8Aggie said:

In 4 days I killed 2,205 dove. There are plenty.

Don't ask how many shells I went through…

2,210?
jetch17
jetch17
AG
We 'took it easy' each outing and shot at least 500 each time - you let most birds lie, predators will eat them. Birdboys keep the pigeons for themselves, they'll gather enough to cook post-hunt that night for apps

Trip of a lifetime, go shoot, eat and drink your ass off!

Yes there are that many and no tourists don't put a dent in them. Plus parakeets!
jetch17
AG
Not our group, but you get the idea

aggiedoc100
AG
pm sent
"They say I'm apathetic, but I don't really care" Robert Earl Keen
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cgh1999
AG
The very first time I shot at an animal was in Argentina. I shot 6,000 shells in four days and killed 4,500+. Our group of 12 shot over 60,000 shells and 45,000 birds. For every dove we shot, there were 10+ we didn't shoot at.
ATXAdvisor
AG
cgh1999 said:

The very first time I shot at an animal was in Argentina. I shot 6,000 shells in four days and killed 4,500+. Our group of 12 shot over 60,000 shells and 45,000 birds. For every dove we shot, there were 10+ we didn't shoot at.

When I went in early 2020, they had just implemented the first "season" ever, which was a 1-2 month break in hunting dove. They said that was because the population had significantly fell over the previous few years and they were hoping that would help it recover. I suspect Covid was a big break for the birds.
Sam Williams
AG
Interested if not spoken for yet. swilliams96@hotmail
maddiedou
AG
I believe I have asked this before but who eats all the so e breast

I assume they give away the meat but to clean and eat 10,000 dove a day seems like that would get old real quick
ATXAdvisor
AG
maddiedou said:

I believe I have asked this before but who eats all the so e breast

I assume they give away the meat but to clean and eat 10,000 dove a day seems like that would get old real quick

The David Denies folks claim to feed orphanages but my observation was that the vast majority of birds are left for other animals to eat.
maddiedou
AG
And that right there is why I could never shoot that many dove

Hell when I have gone dove hunting there is a reason I never get my limit because as they are all flying over I am still looking for the first one I shot and have to find no matter how long it takes well I do have a 30 minute time limit

I know get a dog
FIDO 96
AG
It's swatting flies. 3/4 of our birds were dead in knee high sorghum, and we could have liked 10x of that amount and that would not even be a dent in the first of 200 waves of dove flying past you. When we were there, the shooting was a signal for Hawks and ravens to come flying to the gunfire.
maddiedou
AG
Not saying you dont have a right to go and help thin the herd

Just not me but I also could not go safari hunting either because I dont want to eat rhinos or giraffes

I just have that kill what you eat mindset whennhunting
OnlyForNow
AG
Based on that picture above, they do a pretty damn good job of retrieving birds.
OnlyForNow
AG
While you don't eat it, the locals sure as hell do.
Prince_Ahmed
OnlyForNow said:

While you don't eat it, the locals sure as hell do.
Haha no they don't. My experience in Argentina was that none of the locals would touch them - they seem them like we see pigeons or grackles.

They told us the lions would get them, but there were always loads of stinking, rotting birds.
OnlyForNow
AG
Meant this for the Africa one. But also figured the locals would eat the birds collected here.

Must not be that hungry.
southernskies
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.