Outdoors
Sponsored by

Deer Blinds

3,896 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by GentrysMillTX10
strohag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really thinking hard about buying a blind in lieu of building a new one due to lumber prices and longevity of some of the higher end blinds.

Looking into a Ranch King Little Buck or Economy Blind. Have also looked into some of the Boss and Dillon. Just trying to get some feedback on what yall have had good luck with since they are a nice chunk of change.

Anyone have any experience with Big Dogg out of Conroe? I stumbled across them also.
http://bigdoggdeerblinds.com/index.php/deer-blinds/

A.G.S.
AG
We put 2 of the Little Bucks on our place this year.

Nice space for one person, or one adult and a child. Would be tight for 2 people.

Only have a few hunts out of one, but I like it so far.

Well built, strong, quiet, easy to assemble. A bit heavier than I anticipated, but manageable with a small tractor.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Posted this during season, but that Ranch King is a beast. I bought one and want 4 more. Highly recommend. It's a great stand that will hold up for decades.

Watchful Ag
AG
We love our Ranch King Economy Blind. It's the perfect size for a variety of hunting situations.
lawless89
Yeah I thought I'd save some money by building my own. With lumber and tin roof, I still came in at around $1200. Should've just bought one.
montanagriz
S
But yours was probably a lot bigger, more space

I'm thinking about building an 8x8
bassmaster07
AG
Boss Game Systems!

Austin is a great guy and the blinds are great too.
HumbleAg04
AG
Have two of the little bucks and likely to get more. Can fit two adults easily, have fit two adults + kids many times. Very satisfied.
HSEAG13
Potbelly blinds have been the best I've sat in.
texrover91
AG
MB is good stuff!
RFD
AG
I have a ranch king 6x6 that is probably 12 years old and it still looks new.
ghollow
AG
I purchased a Texas Wildlife Supply blind a few years ago. It was not cheap but it is by far the nicest deer blind I have ever hunted in. It is metal with insulated walls and towers that are the best I have ever seen. Mine is still bug proof after 6 years. They are heavy but that makes for a very stable blind. They are made in Texas. At the time I bought mine, they were having a free delivery and setup sale. It was awesome. I paid around $3000 six years ago.

I have hunted several high fence and commercial ranches in the past. This blind is as good or better than anything I have hunted in anywhere. We have three other fiberglass blinds on our place. One is a Dillion and the others are HB's I think. All of the fiberglass blinds have had either leaks and/or bug problems in the past. They are more noisy and take more heat to keep them warm as well.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Aggie Hunter
AG
I second this. Ask for the Frankie if you want to cut the cost some. I currently have 11 of them and love everything about them. Make sure to get the "gun rest" shelf installed.
cheeky
AG
Another vote for Ranch King
BlueSmoke
We have a number of Dillon blinds that are more than a decade old and still going strong. Lots of good options these days!
Nobody cares. Work Harder
UncleDansUSA
Hey guys! I'm a bit late on this post, but I wanted to let everyone know about our new blind. We're a pretty new company, and you may have seen us at Buc-ee's. We released our new blind called The Hitman just recently and I'm just trying to spread the word about it as we have put a lot of work into its development. It's pretty affordable too. Anyway, come check us out!

You can also email me at Anthony@uncledansusa.com if you have any questions or want to check them out in person.

Anthony Vargas
Uncle Dan's USA | Engineer/Designer
Deerdude
Bought three Boss a few years ago. Would not buy again. Very disappointed. Switched to Atascosa and won't look back.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/products/big-chingon-on-5ft-stand

I've got one of these. Super nice
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.