Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** 2022 White Bass Run ***

28,173 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by allMondjoy
Badace52
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"the steps"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DUman08
AG
Trinity River is happening also. Also saw good report at lock n dam from this morning lots of limits being caught there.

https://www.facebook.com/lockndam7
JDGS612
Dad and I finally got into them good last Sunday once the weather cleared up. Angelina River north of Rayburn. Boated 60 total and left them biting. Almost exclusively 1/8oz Chartreuse Roadrunners w/2" white grub.
rwv2055
AG
Me and dad are headed out tomorrow. Should we hit Bedias, Stubblefield or Harmon Creek?
Billy Foster
AG
Just got back from the narrows on Lake Travis. Definitely not running yet. Couple of large females and some black bass. Water was 61 degrees.
Out of our friends that were doing a tourney (15 boats) in the same part of the lake yesterday, the boat with the most fish won with 13 total.
hopeandrealchange
rwv2055 said:

Me and dad are headed out tomorrow. Should we hit Bedias, Stubblefield or Harmon Creek?

I have been on the Bedias creek five times in the last two weeks and caught a total of 8 fish.
A friend called Friday evening reporting he caught a limit at the shoals fridayday afternoon. I got to the shoals after a great boat ride about 2:30 yesterday afternoon fished hard and came home with three fish. I am thinking it is still a little early.The creek has very little flow.
Good luck and please report back if you find them.
I plan to get back over there Tuesday.
rwv2055
AG
We had no luck. No bait moving, and we couldnt get live bait. Then we had boat trouble and called it a day. I went out to Stubbelfield and nobody was catching. I am thinking of going bank fishing right now and wondering where to go.
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
Went today. Caught 16 keepers. Bout 4 really nice heavy whites. 14 where females. Went to Dickerson run. 6 or so too short.
BrokeAssAggie
Heading out to Riemers or steps tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck
oldarmy76
Any thoughts on where to fish on the Nolan or Brazos above Whitney? Will be up there next few days…
ArmaLite
I went a few weeks ago to George West and did alright but definitely were not running yet. Gonna try again this weekend.
dr_boogs
AG
We fished Buchanan this past weekend. Water temp was 53. Hi pressure system was on top of us. Bite wasn't great but we landed 8 whites and 3 stripers. Local guide who fishes there 150 days a year mentioned that it really needs to get to 58-60 to start them running up from Buchanan.
SanAntoneAg
AG
ArmaLite said:

I went a few weeks ago to George West and did alright but definitely were not running yet. Gonna try again this weekend.

Traditionally it's winding down by mid March there.
Gig 'em! '90
Leander - Ag
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

How was steps?
BrokeAssAggie
Leander - Ag said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

How was steps?

Got one. Some other guys had been there all day and had a stringer full.
The BroManDingo
I'd like to ask for help…Ive invited my wife to go with me next week…we need a bit of a "date". .currently planning to take her to the steps…she's not a fishing type…would rather catch than fish…….. I'll rule #1 If someone will give me solid guidance on where to go and load up
On a stringer or 2.

Would like to know if someone can point me in the right direction on Somerville creeks though specifically…we have a few kids and her grandma could watch them while
We fish something more related to that area. her grandma lives on the lake so that makes it easy.
SanAntoneAg
AG
The BroManDingo said:

I'd like to ask for help…Ive invited my wife to go with me next week…we need a bit of a "date". .currently planning to take her to the steps…she's not a fishing type…would rather catch than fish…….. I'll rule #1 If someone will give me solid guidance on where to go and load up
On a stringer or 2.

Would like to know if someone can point me in the right direction on Somerville creeks though specifically…we have a few kids and her grandma could watch them while
We fish something more related to that area. her grandma lives on the lake so that makes it easy.

Read it. Learn it. Live it.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/pwd_br_t3200_0022e/places.phtml
Gig 'em! '90
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
Going to granger tomorrow. Again. This time I'll take boat. 16' aluminum w 40hp. Nothing special. Guess I'll put in at Taylor launch. Will run towards the steps/Dickerson area. Never been on lake. Is it safe boating? Are there tons on timber? Must I be in creek channel? Are there marked boat lanes? Going solo so hit me up if anyone wants to go!
Badace52
AG
The steps should be pretty good for the next few weeks especially for morning and evening bites. People have been killing with spinning reel setups and roadrunners with a white, yellow, or silvery grub. It's a really easy rig to fish too.

If you bring a cast net, you could also cast up some spot tail shiner or small shad and fish them under a bobber with a very small hook so they can still swim freely and that would be a lot of fun for someone who doesn't fish much at all (which sounds like may be the case with your wife.). I use this method when I go fishing with my kids and want to make sure we catch something. Try not to use store bought shiners. They don't work well at all.

Using this method with my three year old last week at Rivery Park in Georgetown:

CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The BroManDingo
Thank you…didn't even think to look at tpwd.

BadAce….thanks for the tips…will try there first. She can use a spinning reel, so should be good to go.
The BroManDingo
Well, thanks to some young ags at academy in CS…we were pointed to Irvin bridge and Newman's bottom. Showed up and the same 5 guys were there. If they lurk
Here….sure appreciate you guys. I'm not a newby when it comes to fishing, but never been on foot besides farm ponds. Appreciate y'all touring me and the wife and kid around! It was comical to me in a way knowing y'all nearly
Are less than half my age….but y'all were so eager to
Help an "old" guy…lol.

Unfortunately no luck, water was running fast and super muddy after storm last night. I was fairly confident it would be tough but only day we could go. My 7 year old had a great time regardless.

Anyone else been out there lately? Is the spawn over? Seems we missed our chance here locally. Will try the steps next week anyway. Mainly want to find it for future trips.

TarponChaser
#dadworkdoneright
Badace52
AG
Not even close to over at the steps. In fact it has barely started. Everything is pushed back almost four full weeks this year. The trees should already be putting on leaves and the dewberries should have bloomed. Just starting to see trees try to bud out and a few with pollen chains. The baitfish haven't really started their run upstream and that's when the fishing gets really good for almost a month. We have a lot more time this year. Even on an early run year you can still limit out well into late April.
CM
The BroManDingo
Sounds promising then! I'll report back if I can make it out next week. Looks like good weather for a while so should be able to make it happen. Thanks again for all the insight!
C1NRB
AG
Late last week they were up the Nolan River out of Lake Pat Cleburne. I saw a guy get 3 or 4 using a flyrod in the early afternoon.

I didn't have any luck then, but got pretty good sized one earlier today (I drop a line during lunch since I work nearby.)
Badace52
AG
Man... It has been a weird white bass season. They are still at the steps, but it's like pulling teeth to get them out of there. Caught a big buffalo and a nice largemouth that I decided to keep. Gonna grill some fish this time.

CM
BurrOak
AG
My brother and I hit up the North Bosque last weekend. Took the better part of the morning, but I managed to get my limit. Only 2 females, with eggs that appeared they still need a little while before they're ready to lay.

allMondjoy
Sabine River. Southwest of Carthage. 3/15/22

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.