Outdoors
Sponsored by

Watches are worn outdoors/random thought for an Aggie watch

19,076 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure looks good to me. Do you mind if I email that picture to Sinn to double check that it would be possible/see if we can try to get some more orders from others?

Did you try it w. a maroon dial/bezel and white hands and indicator?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor."
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
03_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

up-n-aTm said:

No thanks- I carry a phone.
Congrats! I love being tied to a device I have to keep charged and can't take with me when I'm in waist deep water drinking beer at the lake.

Such uncouth behavior.

Duncan Idaho
"submarine steel" I am not at all impressed unless that is "steel from a submarine" and by submarine, I mean a ww2 uboat.
SW-14
AG
OP, try posting in the watches thread on the Houston board. You'll probably get more interest there. 91 pages and counting.

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2759133
ccard257
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

Sure looks good to me. Do you mind if I email that picture to Sinn to double check that it would be possible/see if we can try to get some more orders from others?

Did you try it w. a maroon dial/bezel and white hands and indicator?
Don't mind at all.

I didn't try any other variations as I'm not the person operating the software so I didn't want to waste any more of her time... She's not a watch person so I just asker her to get me a white dial w/ maroon bezel on that watch. It's a starting point but can be improved. Maroon hands/numerals would be pretty great but I don't know if that's doable.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of maroon faces. They never look quite right to me.
aTm2004
AG
ccard257 said:

104 A in white/maroon

That is a beauty. I've been partial to the Black Bay red, and if they ever darken it to a maroon, I'd buy one.

JSKolache
AG
Christopher Ward's maroon bezel diver is pretty close as well.

OP, pitch this question to the Watch thread on Houston board & you may have some luck - lots of watch bros on there!
AV8ORAG84
AG
Love it !
Every day is a Holiday, Every Meal is a Banquet, My upperclassmen treat me like a brother, God I LOVE IT HERE!!!!
AV8ORAG84
AG
Sinn with white face and maroon bezel . I'd be in
Every day is a Holiday, Every Meal is a Banquet, My upperclassmen treat me like a brother, God I LOVE IT HERE!!!!
rather be fishing
AG
Have you checked your local Dillard's or Foley's? I had an A&M Fossil watch back in junior high. Probably still have it in a box somewhere in storage.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
AV8ORAG84 said:

Sinn with white face and maroon bezel . I'd be in

Same.
aTm2004
AG
rather be fishing said:

Have you checked your local Dillard's or Foley's? I had an A&M Fossil watch back in junior high. Probably still have it in a box somewhere in storage.
Dei Profundis
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

Sinn will do custom runs, for a 100 unit order. (Link is to the U50) I haven't reached out to Oris, yet, but they are the "most reputable" watchmaker I know, who would do a custom run.

Sinn GMT watch - maybe just with changing the GMT hand and "UTC" to maroon

(Rolex no-date subs would be great, but there seems to be no chance of that.)

Anyone have any interest in it? I don't know if it would be worth the hassle of getting a license vs. just getting a maroon face, with all white hands.

I am in
zarbas77
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

Sinn will do custom runs, for a 100 unit order. (Link is to the U50) I haven't reached out to Oris, yet, but they are the "most reputable" watchmaker I know, who would do a custom run.

Sinn GMT watch - maybe just with changing the GMT hand and "UTC" to maroon

(Rolex no-date subs would be great, but there seems to be no chance of that.)

Anyone have any interest in it? I don't know if it would be worth the hassle of getting a license vs. just getting a maroon face, with all white hands.
I am in.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Daytona22
AG
I'd definitely be interested depending on what the final decision is. I like the Sinn watches and like the white/maroon combo mock up. I bought a Spinnaker that was a decent maroon
03_Aggie
aTm2004 said:

03_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

up-n-aTm said:

Congrats! I love being tied to a device I have to keep charged and can't take with me when I'm in waist deep water drinking beer at the lake.

Such uncouth behavior.
Indeed.

That said, when I'm doing that I typically don't give a **** to know what time it is.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Spinnaker came to mind as a company that might be able to do this at a better price point. Mvmt may be worth a look too. Or oris in the "split the difference " price range.
powerbelly
AG
Mvmt is the most overpriced watch company on the market. They just slap their brand on $15 generic chinese watches.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You just described 99% of the boutique watch market right now (edit: including/especially spinnaker and just about everything long Island watch carries) edit2: anordain's Post Office Red is pretty damn maroon
Daytona22
AG
This is the Spinnaker that I've been wearing on game days.
Charismatic Megafauna
FTAC2011
AG
One of my favorite microbrands is Zelos watches. They had this one recently that looks great IMO. 43mm is a little too big for my taste though.

These are sold out but they are always coming out with new models and variations. They sell out quick though (usually the day they are released)
ChemAg15
AG
I'm in as well
nealan
I'd buy an Aggie Sinn. Count me in
texrover91
AG
I'm in!
KRamp90
AG
I would be in for the White face, Maroon bezel.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Have the request in to Sinn. I'll see if they want to host some kind of sign-up/deposit or if we will need to get the funds together in some other fashion
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor."
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Group buy!

Seriously, maybe get chuck the aggie jeweler on board on this. He may have an account with one of the manufacturers anyways so if he can get a bunch of people to commit up front then might be able to get the ball rolling. Maybe do a discount for preordering?
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I'm all for it, but Sinn are the only ones I know of who will do a small run, and they're only sold by one distributor in the US. From what I understood of the email from Sinn DE, any group buy would be directly done w their US distributor (Watch Buys).
Aggieangler93
AG
rather be fishing said:

I had that same watch and would like to buy yours if it is in working condition and still waterproof? Over time, the dials on mine wore down and the watch place was never able to make the seal hold after replacing them enough to wear it in water again.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Caliber
AG
Anything below a 42mm case and I'm 100% out. I'm 6'4" 210 and a 42mm already starts to look undersized on my wrist depending on design. 43-44 is pretty ideal size and up to 45-46 still looks normal.

But I realize I'm an outlier on that front...
powerbelly
AG
This you?
Caliber
AG
Not quite. I didn't say a garmin watch like a previous poster. I just don't have girly wrists like a like of the guys here apparently.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I used to have 8.25-8.5" wrists, and wore my old Sub - down to 7.75" now. (And no longer do very dumb things on a daily basis... Well, not intentionally...)

I talked to Sinn. I'm to email them the rendering, and any other ideas. The US rep gives some feedback, then sends it to Sinn, which does a real rendering, and creates a private link, to place reservations.

Takes about 12-18 months, depending on what we have done.

We can have custom painted hands, as well - I'm guessing they're maroon, the same as the markers, and bezel.

The lume can be custom applied, and the rotor can be custom engraved, but we'd have to arrange any licensing from A&M.

He mentioned not wearing the watch while shooting/golfing/etc - but I read other things which said that anything a watch goes through, while attached, should be fine - its falling off things which can cause damage.

If we want a watch with more impact resistance, it means finding a hand-wound or quartz model.

Have not heard back from Oris, yet, but I think they'd be a bit more than Sinn.
EskimoJoe
aTm2004 said:

up-n-aTm said:

At that point, time does not matter. So again, no need for a watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.