Outdoors
Sponsored by

Watches are worn outdoors/random thought for an Aggie watch

18,998 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sinn will do custom runs, for a 100 unit order. (Link is to the U50) I haven't reached out to Oris, yet, but they are the "most reputable" watchmaker I know, who would do a custom run.

Sinn GMT watch - maybe just with changing the GMT hand and "UTC" to maroon

(Rolex no-date subs would be great, but there seems to be no chance of that.)

Anyone have any interest in it? I don't know if it would be worth the hassle of getting a license vs. just getting a maroon face, with all white hands.
kingj3
AG
in
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
I'd be interested in a walmart bargain bin watch group buy.
dodger02
AG
When the website doesn't list prices, I know I'm out.

I've been balking at a $150 G-Shock for six months...
EMY92
AG
I remember going to a jewelry store in CS years ago and they had an Aggie Rolex. If that's what you are looking for, you may be able to find one.
powerbelly
AG
The u50 is ~$2500 msrp the last time I checked and the gmt runs ~$1800
CactusThomas
AG
Is this some kind of devil watch?
up-n-aTm
AG
No thanks- I carry a phone.
aTm2004
AG
up-n-aTm said:

Congrats! I love being tied to a device I have to keep charged and can't take with me when I'm in waist deep water drinking beer at the lake.
aTm2004
AG
Sinn may be a bit out of the price range for many. I think you may have better luck getting with one of the Seiko aftermarket guys to see if they can do custom hands/dials/bezels/chapter ring for a SKX or something (maybe even a package deal with them handling the install). You can get a SKX for $250, and another $150-200 for custom pieces and installation would be a great diver for ~$500. It would also give me a reason to buy another SKX.
AgEng06
AG
aTm2004 said:

Sinn may be a bit out of the price range for many. I think you may have better luck getting with one of the Seiko aftermarket guys to see if they can do custom hands/dials/bezels/chapter ring for a SKX or something (maybe even a package deal with them handling the install). You can get a SKX for $250, and another $150-200 for custom pieces and installation would be a great diver for ~$500. It would also give me a reason to buy another SKX.
This is a good idea. Island Watch (longislandwatch.com) does customizations and may can do this. I have two SKXs I have bought from them (not customized) and they have been great.
aTm2004
AG
Yep. They may be a great option. I have a 007, but have 2 other black divers (Omega 2254.50 and Rolex 16610), so I've been flirting with the idea of either converting the 007 to a 009, or just buying a 009J and selling the 007. Would be nice to have an overly Aggie watch to wear during football season.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
AgEng06 said:

aTm2004 said:

This is a good idea. Island Watch (longislandwatch.com) does customizations and may can do this. I have two SKXs I have bought from them (not customized) and they have been great.
ISL-66 is what you're looking for.

https://longislandwatch.com/islander-red-automatic-dive-watch-with-ar-double-dome-sapphire-crystal-and-luminous-ceramic-bezel-insert-isl-66/

https://instagr.am/p/CLSILDOLRxK
mosdefn14
AG
That looks a heck of a lot like an Orient, which I believe are made by Seiko. Wonder if that's a private label made in the same place.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
mosdefn14 said:

That looks a heck of a lot like an Orient, which I believe are made by Seiko. Wonder if that's a private label made in the same place.
It's basically a modded Seiko Samurai using SKX007 parts.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I think Orients are Citizens. I asked about having some of the Japanese made G Shocks in Maroon and White. Seiko has a custom program, but no response on the order size.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor."
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I like that.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
There are, already, some cheap Aggie watches - Fossils, Suntime, etc. (And a really weird run of Tag Heuers, in blue, instead of maroon...) Burnt orange and black "Aggie" watch...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor."
AgEng06
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

There are, already, some cheap Aggie watches - Fossils, Suntime, etc. (And a really weird run of Tag Heuers, in blue, instead of maroon...) Burnt orange and black "Aggie" watch...
Yeah, I get it. I just don't see you getting 100 people to throw down for a $1800+ watch.

And I'd put the Seikos way above a Fossil.
Aggieangler93
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

I have a Fossil that I really enjoyed when I wore watches more as the face was all Maroon and the ATM logo was fairly large. I had the same watch in the Texas Rangers edition. Now, I usually settle with a phone.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Garmin Fenix 6X Sapphire = true outdoor watch.
AgEng06
AG
I have a Fenix 5X that is my go-to outdoor and sports watch. It's great, but I also love some divers/automatics.
EMY92
AG
JeremiahJohnson said:

Garmin Fenix 6X Sapphire = true outdoor watch.

The size of that make it looks like it's on a toddler's arm.
gibberish
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

Caladan
dodger02 said:

When the website doesn't list prices, I know I'm out.

I've been balking at a $150 G-Shock for six months...
The link provided above is for the company's website, which is designed to illustrate their watches, and not to sell them. If you go to the US importer's retail website, you will find that they list prices for the American market. There is only one distributor for Sinn in the US, so the website is easy to find, should you become interested.

Good news!! You can still pick up a new mechanical Sinn for under $1500!

C
ccard257
AG
I'd be in for a 104 A w/ white dial and maroon bezel.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I'm pretty well happy w. any Sinn, I think - so only 98 more to go...
JeremiahJohnson
AG
haha I have small wrists. But so i can see all the fitness metrics when I train. Or map on the GPS.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I thought my UX was huge, at 44MM, and with 7.75" wrists...
AgEng06
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

I thought my UX was huge, at 44MM, and with 7.75" wrists...
Ha. The Fenix 5X and 6X are 51mm, I believe.
JB!98
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

AgEng06 said:

aTm2004 said:

ISL-66 is what you're looking for.

https://longislandwatch.com/islander-red-automatic-dive-watch-with-ar-double-dome-sapphire-crystal-and-luminous-ceramic-bezel-insert-isl-66/

https://instagr.am/p/CLSILDOLRxK
So, stupid question. Are these customized Seikos? I had my grandfather's Seiko that I somehow lost in a move that had a maroon face. I have agonized over losing that watch for years. It looked a lot like the watch in the link.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
03_Aggie
aTm2004 said:

up-n-aTm said:

Congrats! I love being tied to a device I have to keep charged and can't take with me when I'm in waist deep water drinking beer at the lake.

Such uncouth behavior.
aTm2004
AG
03_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

up-n-aTm said:

Such uncouth behavior.
Indeed.
ccard257
AG

104 A in white/maroon

AgEng06
AG
I like that one too.

I don't swing that big of a watch budget though. I'm hoping the cash that would require is going towards my Colorado moose tag I'll draw this year...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.