Outdoors
Sponsored by

The Most Stuck You've Ever Been Apart of

6,751 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Central Committee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went driving in my old truck on Stewart beach with some Aggie buddies after graduation.

OK, stuck pickup truck - no big deal right? It was 2 am, low tide, and we drove way out from the shoreline. "hey guys, let's see how far out to 'sea' we can drive! I was driving because the other guys had too much bourbon and 'flavored' Everclear.

Got stuck down to the axel. Buddy found a guy camping out on the beach with his girl friend to pull us out at 4 am, as the waves were starting to crash across the bumper of my truck.
aggiedent
AG
Africa 2012, on safari, in a modified Toyota Land Cruiser. Crossing a creek only about 50 yards away from where several Hyenas were finishing off the remains of a Water Buffalo carcass.

May not compete for most stuck, but definitely was top of the list for most we wanted to be unstuck. Took us about an hour to get out.
JB!98
AG
VaultingChemist said:

It is real easy to get a Cat dozer stuck, especially when cleaning out a tank. All it takes is for the tracks to spin enough to sink the dozer down to the belly pan.

My niece tried to cross a wet plowed field in a pickup truck. After it became stuck, she started the 4230 John Deere tractor to pull it out and stuck the tractor. Luckily, we had an excavator that we used to pull both out of the field.

We once helped the driver of a 130-bbl water transport truck that got caught driving down a rain-slicked dirt road. The county had put a steep crown on the road and the rear tires of the transport started to slide toward the barrow ditch. The driver stopped and called for help. We took shovels and made a long narrow trench next to the outside of the rear tires (closest to the barrow ditch) about 2" deep, angled gradually toward the center of the road. As the truck pulled forward the trailer tires followed the cut trench and the truck was able to stay centered until it got onto a gravel road.

Two years ago, another niece hydroplaned backwards off the highway into a stock tank. My niece climbed out the window before the truck sank. The roof of the pickup was 4 ft under water. A couple of local rescue divers broke the other side window out and pushed a winch line through the cab to pull the truck out.

Yep, D9 got stuck cleaning out a tank. Hands decided to get the JD 8640 to pull it out. Got it stuck. Why not get the Allis Chalmers 7060 with duals on it to get the 8640 out. Got it stuck. By the time the called my dad they were all stuck. He was livid. Took a week or more to get all of them out.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
GarryowenAg
AG
It's always fun to self-recover a Hercules

(said no one ever...)
rootube
AG
Co-worker invited me over to talk about a business opportunity in the 90's before I knew what Amway was.
WC87
AG
Quote:

I protection on my phone. Also do the length, though I feel it necessary

What are bad Google translations, Alex.
chickencoupe16
AG
WC87 said:

Quote:

I protection on my phone. Also do the length, though I feel it necessary

What are bad Google translations, Alex.

Haha! Can't even get my apology correct!
Dirk Diggler
AG
Found a couple of my "stuck" photos. These are from a random training area not meant for tanks in Korea. It's all that was available for us to use so we made it work. The tank has an extra 10 ton mine roller attached to the front, completely buried in the mud slop
SanAntoneAg
AG
Wadefishing the bay side of Mustang Island (back behind where the church is now) back in the mid-90s. I had just finished an evening wade and was driving my Bronco out. In an unexplainable case of dumbass I tried to avoid a puddle in the shell road and sank the passenger side.

I had a prehistoric cell phone on a dollar-a-minute plan and called my insurance (USAA). They dispatched a wrecker who came out and with 100 plus feet of chain and pulled me out. He followed me to the Valero on SPID and 361 where I ATMed his $300 payment.
EFE
AG
First or second week on the job, my new boss luckily thought it was hilarious. Every year that I've been here, all new hires that are assigned company trucks get told the story and the washout gets bigger.
Bob Lee
AG
I used to get stuck pretty regularly. These days I pull people out a lot more than I get stuck. This gap had a bottom a few days earlier. Thought I could get through no problem.
Eliminatus
AG
culdeus said:

If you are a fan of getting stuck watch matt's off road recoveries. It's addictive.
Just completely randomly came across his videos this morning and went down a rabbit hole. Awesome stuff.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Dude forgot parking brake on haji van.
Ikanizer
AG
Heading back to Texas after RV camping in Colorado with 3 little girls, dog, wife in a raging panhandle thunderstorm I took a wrong left turn off 287 in Dumas and instead of finding Yerby's RV park I was suddenly on a dirt/mud road. Trailer started jack knifing towards the ditch. The more I tried the closer it got to the ditch. Got out in ankle deep mud to look. Called for help on ancient cell phone. Sheriff said to just spend the night in the middle of the road. We did. In the morning within a couple of hours of sunrise the mud was dry and we continued on our way. Thats family bonding.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Got married 12 years ago and now have 3 kids
zooguy96
AG
In my current profession. Stuck for 6 years.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ikanizer said:

Sheriff said to just spend the night in the middle of the road.
Definitely words you never want to hear.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.