Outdoors
Sponsored by

Blackstone Black Friday

2,972 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just posting this if it can help anyone else. Dicks Sporting Goods has a 25% off coupon on their website. I just bought the 36" Blackstone grill with it for 25% off. Pretty solid deal.
ldg397
AG
Not giving those commies one red cent!!
AgsMnn
AG
Tractor supply had them for $100 off.
zooguy96
As mentioned, will never buy from them again.
ForeverAg
AG
Lol whelp I must have passed over the we hate blackstone thread. Can someone fill me in?
lazuras_dc
AG
ForeverAg said:

Lol whelp I must have passed over the we hate blackstone thread. Can someone fill me in?

Folks are not fond of dix bc of their virtue signaling and getting rid of firearms from their inventories.

Nothing wrong with blackstone that I'm aware of ... unless... why's it gotta be black- stone ?
ForeverAg
AG
lazuras_dc said:

ForeverAg said:

Folks are not fond of dix bc of their virtue signaling and getting rid of firearms from their inventories.

Nothing wrong with blackstone that I'm aware of ... unless... why's it gotta be black- stone ?

Ahhh that's right I did know that, I kept reading the comments thinking it was a blackstone thing
GarryowenAg
AG
Nope, you're good. Everyone around here seems to nut when talking about blackstone. It's Richards that we don't agree with.
SquirrellyDan
AG
lazuras_dc said:

ForeverAg said:

So a company deciding not to sell firearms is virtue signaling, but refusing to shop there because you don't like their decision isn't?
GarryowenAg
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

lazuras_dc said:

ForeverAg said:

So a company deciding not to sell firearms is virtue signaling, but refusing to shop there because you don't like their decision isn't?

That's the benefit of a free market economy. If you don't like the stance a CEO makes when deciding the direction of said company, there are numerous other companies that can acquire your business. (You should read the colony's statement when they decided to pull firearms from their stores. It might explain people's stance.)
Teslag
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

lazuras_dc said:

ForeverAg said:

It's virtue signaling when they literally made the decision in order to virtue signal.
Jack Klompus
AG
ForeverAg said:

Just posting this if it can help anyone else. Dicks Sporting Goods has a 25% off coupon on their website. I just bought the 36" Blackstone grill with it for 25% off. Pretty solid deal.
Picked one up this morning
TxSquarebody
Jack Klompus said:

ForeverAg said:

Picked one up this morning

As did I. Had a gift card from 6 years ago.
BCStalk
Walmart has them on sale at the Bryan location on Briarcrest. I think $205 for the 4 burner but I don't remember for sure.
SharkinAg
AG
Girlfriend bought one for me for Christmas. What kind of covers are y'all using?
sonnysixkiller
AG
Correct name now is dickless.
jakeaggie84
AG
The issue wasn't to get rid of guns. It was the CEO actively trying to get the government to ban AR style weapons
southernboy1
AG
Made in china
TPS Reports
AG
Is there a freestanding gas griddle / flat top grill that is made in the US, and not several thousand dollars? Honest question, nothing more.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

The issue wasn't to get rid of guns. It was the CEO actively trying to get the government to ban AR style weapons

This. Lobbying to undermine YOUR 2A. Not just passively deciding to exit the firearms market.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/386162-dicks-sporting-goods-hire-lobbyists-on-gun-control

Quote:

Dick's Sporting Goods has reportedly retained several lobbyists to urge lawmakers to take action on gun control, months after restricting gun sales in its stores.

The sporting-goods chain is working with three lobbyists from the Glover Park Group to take on the topic, Bloomberg reported Thursday, citing a disclosure form filed late last month.

The move comes after Dick's announced following the mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school in February that it would stop selling assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/25/business/ed-stack-dicks-sporting-goods-corner-office.html

Quote:

More than a year and a half after the Parkland shooting, Mr. Stack continues his campaign for stricter gun control, calling on lawmakers to introduce legislation and detailing his journey from businessman to activist in a new book, "It's How We Play the Game." He is reportedly exploring a run for president.
"For the life of me, I cannot understand how people can see that having universal background checks or red-flag laws really violates anybody's Second Amendment rights."

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.