Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****Alone 2020. 100 days in the arctic*****

20,377 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by shiftyandquick
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yeah, I'm thinking a 70-something day medically forced ending is in the cards. I think Jordan was getting close to it last year but got the W just in time.

That said, with fewer participants + a lot more time is going to be spent just staying warm in their shelter, I could see editing accelerating days pretty quickly because I think there will not be a ton to show. But I just don't see 100. Hoping Roland proves me wrong and makes it, but the 44 lbs weight loss was eye-opening.
Breggy Popup
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

yeah, I'm thinking a 70-something day medically forced ending is in the cards. I think Jordan was getting close to it last year but got the W just in time.

That said, with fewer participants + a lot more time is going to be spend just staying warm in their shelter, I could see editing accelerating days pretty quickly because I think there will not be a ton to show. But I just don't see 100.

Yep. I think with the ice having set in it will be fish, fire, sleep and not mich else to show. If they catch fish they'll survive.

Similar to the last couple of episodes of season one where it was basically watching Alan and Sam lie around day after day pondering life. There were pretty decent sized jumps in the day count.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I looked at the channel guide on Xfinity after last night's episode and next week looks like a normal episode but the week after shows a 3
hour episode.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Some serious nail biting coming if he makes it to 80 days then you know he does it!!

His only competition burns his cabin down next week
Breggy Popup
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Some serious nail biting coming if he makes it to 80 days then you know he does it!!

His only competition burns his cabin down next week

Nvm...I read your last statement incorrectly.
Trucker 96
Amos is F'd even without a fire. He's about out of fish and his makeshift net is Fd
jpb1999
AG
I don't know. kielyn is pretty determined and those 2 big trout are going to keep her on for a while.
Breggy Popup
AG
jpb1999 said:

I don't know. kielyn is pretty determined and those 2 big trout are going to keep her on for a while.

Yep she is in good shape if she can keep from breaking down emotionally.
Fairview
AG
Roland is for sure the favorite but I'd be happy if one of the two ladies won this year. They are both pretty badass women and are holding their own out there. I think the mental part will get to them all except maybe Roland because he's basically living his normal life out there but even he may not be immune.
dave99ag
AG
This season has been good because for once there is big game around. I was impressed Roland decided to not go after the musk oxen. Some of the others may have tried and gotten hurt due to their hunger.
htxag09
AG
Had he not already had one in his freezer he may have. He knows it won't help him as much as fish to supplement his meat at this point.
dave99ag
AG
And of course ox lips and snout only goes so far.
Breggy Popup
AG
Fairview said:

Roland is for sure the favorite but I'd be happy if one of the two ladies won this year. They are both pretty badass women and are holding their own out there. I think the mental part will get to them all except maybe Roland because he's basically living his normal life out there but even he may not be immune.

I believe they can all win
Fairview
AG
dave99ag said:

This season has been good because for once there is big game around. I was impressed Roland decided to not go after the musk oxen. Some of the others may have tried and gotten hurt due to their hunger.

In the after show Roland also said that the main reason he didn't want to scare the herd was he didn't want the wandering to another competitors area which I thought was a smart move.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Roland's meat locker is better than most people's shelter.
Trucker 96
LOL at the timing of Amos' shelter fire
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

LOL at the timing of Amos' shelter fire

And going back for a freakin' feather...
alvtimes
In next weeks preview did it look like Roland killed a porcupine???? That might make a winning kill with an ice trout or two...
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Appears so. Also sucks that Callie worked so hard to get a diseased on. Such a fine line on luck out there.
htxag09
AG
Crazy to me the one girl has so much ice to fish and the others' areas of the lakes don't look frozen at all yet.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Come on Roland!!!
98Ag99Grad
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Appears so. Also sucks that Callie worked so hard to get a diseased on. Such a fine line on luck out there.
Thought it was about to be the sequel to 127 Hours with her having to cut her arm off if she got stuck.
Trucker 96
I commemorate my dead mother whose funeral I skipped by carving my initials into this tree to celebrate my victory.
Fairview
AG
Really sucks for Callie. I think she could've made it. Those last three probably would've won most other seasons. This has been my favorite season by far. Best shelters, hunting was good, contestants that knew what they were doing, etc.

Roland is easily the best contestant the show has ever seen. I think they manufactured some drama of him struggling at the end. He had a lot more food left. Dude just isn't a people person and he knows it. In the reunion when they asked what he wants to do with the money he said visit family and disappear for a year.
chiken
AG
I wish they would show a day 1/last day picture. I'm sure they don't do that because it might deter people and seem like neglect, but I still want to see it!!!

And I would love to see them when they have their first bite of "real" food. I know the show probably slows them into foods, but their first bite of like a protein bar or something or a drink that isn't water!

I was disappointed it wasn't Callie or Kie. Those women know their way around the outdoors!! I'm not saying that Roland didn't deserve it, he's obviously an outdoors man, but it would have been cool to see a chick win the show.
Trucker 96
Did they ever give us a beginning/ending weight on Roland or Callie? The only thing I recall was Kielyn toward the very end was down 50lbs which was 30%, so must have been 160ish down to about 110. But I'm not sure we ever got an update on Roland after they said he was down 44lbs in 50 days, and I dont remember ever getting one for Callie
Trucker 96
Also, LOL at how they could dismantle and erase essentially all trace of the other shelters, but Rolands was so robust that all they did was basically roll the big logs off it
Slim Isle
Only watched one episode- one guy quit and his shelter burned down right after he made the call to quit. Then I think two girls were left to carry on. Why does everything have to be about women now? I think this show should have men in it not women. Do these women have children at home? How do you just pick up and leave then for a few months at a time? I always wondered that with those survivor shows etc. I tend to not want to watch them when I think they've selfishly left their kids.
Trucker 96
The show had 10 contestants, 8 men and 2 women. The 2 women were just quality badasses and found a way to make it to the final 3 by lasting 80 days and 89 days. One of them would have made the 100 days along with Roland if they'd given her the choice to tough it out with with her frostbitten toes vs. pulling her medically. In the prior 6 season history of show, only 2 other folks have gone north of 80 days. I think one of them was a woman.
Fairview
AG
This is a terrible take on the women.

As was said Callie and Kielyn are legit badasses and some of the best contestants of all time. The were just up against the greatest of all time in Roland.

If you watch the show the mental aspect of being away from family takes out as many people as the survival stuff. Kielyn had her ups and downs and fought through it but Callie was extremely strong minded and avoided a lot of the mental stress.

They are also way tougher than most men. Kielyn was ripped (huge biceps) and Callie was living with frost bite and pulled a porcupine quill out of her shoulder like it was a little splinter.
chiken
AG
And the snow shoes Kielyn made were bad ass!!
Slim Isle
Women need to know their place though .

Chill just kidding of course
dave99ag
AG
I don't think either of these women had kids, but were in relationships. Roland was a hermit already and basically a ringer. Usually those that tap out early are ones with families and understandably tapping out because they miss them. Those girls were straight up badasses regardless of sex. Roland was on another level. Hell, at the end he was showing his sister the bone marrow cache. He wasn't "starving" even after eating the stomach grass.

This was easily one of the better seasons so far. Can't wait to see how things go with the next one with Covid. Can you imagine if they started them in February? Come out of the wilderness to find the sh*tshow we have going on now!
RCR06
AG
Roots86 said:

Women need to know their place though .

Chill just kidding of course

Kidding before or now....
htxag09
AG
Easily the best season, IMO. I really felt for Callie. She deserved to win, not sure what she could have done to help protect her toes more.

For roots, gtfo. Watch one episode, criticize the women, say they need to know their place, then say just kidding. Smh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.