Outdoors
Sponsored by

Why is there a run on guns & ammo right now?

18,866 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dr_boogs
DatTallArchitect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I use Magtech all the time in my .300 Blackout. (Sonic and subsonic) They are my go to range ammo for that. Haven't tried any pistol ammo though.
Alte Schule
Bought a NIB PC carbine through Bud's last Thursday, March 26. Used Burdett & Sons in CS for the FFL transfer. Arrived at Burdett this past Tuesday and got the call after they closed that day. That's decent time considering UPS doesn't work on the weekend and long guns are shipped by truck.

Nice lady from Burdett that called about the FFL transfer explained that when I arrived an employee would meet me in the parking lot, take my name and be prepared to wait. Arrived at 11:30 yesterday had my name taken and was told it would be a half hour. Waited in my car for 35 minutes and the employee came and got me. He opened all doors going in and out. It appeared to me that they were only letting people in per available employee. There were 6 people in the store when I walked in.

With all things considered the whole transaction went pretty smooth. While waiting for Uncle Sugar to give his blessing I noticed that, except for 9 mm, their ammo section was well stocked. Mentioned to the clerk that they must have gotten hit hard on 9 mm ammunition. He stated "Yes sir we now keep 9 mm by the front register if you want any". Sure enough it was stacked pretty deep next to the register. Looked like 100 count boxes of Browning. Didn't need any so I didn't stop. Was back home at 12:30.
Slamn Sharpe
Death total is now
Slamn Sharpe
Death total is now
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

That is the worldwide death total if you believe the Chinese propaganda that only have 3,200 died in China. The US number is 7,381 as of today. To put that in perspective, the CDC estimates that in 2019, 34,200 people died from the flu, so we are at roughly 20% of that today.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Slamn Sharpe
Red Pear Realty said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

That is the worldwide death total if you believe the Chinese propaganda that only have 3,200 died in China. The US number is 7,381 as of today. To put that in perspective, the CDC estimates that in 2019, 34,200 people died from the flu, so we are at roughly 20% of that today.

Correct and we are not at the believed "half way" point yet
LEJ
There have likely been 2 million deaths in china... or possibly 3,200... it's anyone's guess.

I'd like to square it up at around 1.3 billion
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
LEJ said:

There have likely been 2 million deaths in china... or possibly 3,200... it's anyone's guess.

I'd like to square it up at around 1.3 billion

I agree with you that it's anyone's guess...with one exception. If the Chinese government says its 3,200, that is definitely not the number.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
maverick2076
Cell service providers are reporting 21 million fewer users in China. So, that's something.
SACR
AG
maverick2076 said:

Cell service providers are reporting 21 million fewer users in China. So, that's something.
Source so I can reference this elsewhere?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
SACR said:

maverick2076 said:

Source so I can reference this elsewhere?

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8717250566
culdeus
AG
maverick2076 said:

Fake news.
maverick2076
I definitely wouldn't attribute all 21 million to fatalities. But even the lines being cancelled are a significant indicator that this virus was far more disruptive in China than what their government says.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
rootube said:

P.U.T.U said:

FSGuide said:

P.U.T.U said:

A lot of cities said they were screening calls and things like minor thefts and such would not warrant an officer coming out. With some people forecasting over 30% unemployment things may get a little crazy

I saw a legitimate report where at least one ****hole city (Cincinnati or Cleveland) police department announced that they would no longer be responding to a list of crimes. Breaking & Entering was on that list.

Several DFW cities have, my city sent out a list two weeks ago minor crimes would not warrant a visit and everything would be screened first
Not sure what's worse the panic or the misinformation.

After a 1 min google search below is what Cincinnati is actually doing. The issue may be that at some point it's possible that some cities could have too many sick police/firefighters/EMS personnel to respond effectively. To suggest that first responders are lazy or don't care is irresponsible. If you are relying on the police for the things below you will be disappointed before the panic and after.

Cincinnati police announced Monday that these calls will be referred for online or phone reporting:
  • Assault reports where there is no medical attention necessary and suspect is no longer present
  • Breaking and entering reports where there are no suspect(s) or the possibility of property recovery
  • Criminal damaging reports
  • Dog bites
  • Lost property
  • Lost or stolen license plates
  • Menacing reports, unless a suspect is expected, threatens to return or is part of the elements of domestic violence
  • Phone harassment
  • Property damage

Now do Philly:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6811943-Outlaw-Memo.html
SACR
AG

There is also the fact that if society breaks down and people lose faith in the government, money becomes worthless. You can always barter with guns and ammo. That is if you decide to remain civilized, and don't become lawless, of course.
AggieChemist
AG
matthopp said:

PSA has some bulk 9mm FMJ in stock if thats what you are looking for.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ammunition/handgun-ammunition.html?caliber_multi=2031

$305 at PSA. I paid $180 yesterday
P.H. Dexippus
AG
$229 here
https://www.sgammo.com/product/cci-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-9mm-luger-cci-blazer-115-grain-fmj-aluminum-case-ammo-3509-lim
Slamn Sharpe
Death total is now
Charlie Murphy
McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

Lol thanks for dramatically posting the death toll in bold.
LEJ
OMG.... in McDAde?
Slamn Sharpe
LEJ said:

OMG.... in McDAde?

Yes, everyone and their future offspring have passed
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Slamn Sharpe
Death total is now
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
https://covid19.healthdata.org/

This is a website created by the University of Washington that has some pretty good interactive features so that you can sort the data by state and see how and when things are projected to play out. Right now, they are projecting 81,766 deaths in the US through August 4. New York is projected to hit its peak this week, but Texas is not projected to peak for another 10 days or so.
Slamn Sharpe
Death total is now
LEJ
I'm not saying you're a sad, bitter little man for keeping this up. I'm just saying that I know the difference between a duck and a mountain lion.
PFG
AG
Are you ok?
Mr. Dubi
McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

Get a grip.
AnScAggie
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now
You do realize that's only 0.00102% of the world population, right? Do you have a party planned for when it crosses 100,000 and are you going to party like it's 99,999?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
LEJ said:

I'm not saying you're a sad, bitter little man for keeping this up. I'm just saying that I know the difference between a duck and a mountain lion.

Ducks can be dangerous, too...
Slamn Sharpe
AnScAggie said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now
You do realize that's only 0.00102% of the world population, right? Do you have a party planned for when it crosses 100,000 and are you going to party like it's 99,999?

I'm keeping tabs of this every day. The "it's no different than the common flu virus " group thinkers inspired me
AnScAggie
AG
Well then either only do the US or throw up the world flu deaths as well. Party on.
JSKolache
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

AnScAggie said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

I'm keeping tabs of this every day. The "it's no different than the common flu virus " group thinkers inspired me
So post the flu deaths, for context
techno-ag
AG
He won't. Flu is worse.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Mr. Dubi
JSKolache said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

AnScAggie said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Death total is now

So post the flu deaths, for context
According to CDC's most recent data: 61,000 flu deaths in the US out of 45,000,000 flu cases for a total of 0.135% Cdc flu data

The highest percentage of the chinese beer bug accounts for 12,064 deaths out of 374,329 cases. If you use today's data, you'd be quite remiss because the number of positive cases lags by 5-7 days. Cdc corona data

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.