Outdoors
Sponsored by

Spring Largemouth Bass Fishing

3,533 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stormchaser
Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are you gents throwing?
Aggieangler93
AG
Zoom dinger worm in junebug around here. They kill it year around....
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
giddings_ag_06
AG
Threw this yesterday and pulled in a few. May fish a little harder this week while I'm off. Catching them all by structure or just off the bank.

oklaunion
3 over 6 lbs on Hula Popper in my south pond after lunch. Didn't think they would hit topwaters this early but love throwing them.
Strategy
AG
Thank you fellas! Anyone else have a go-to?
snowaggie
oklaunion said:

3 over 6 lbs on Hula Popper in my south pond after lunch. Didn't think they would hit topwaters this early but love throwing them.
Yeah, I guess on a spread the size of yours it will be a few weeks before the north pond warms up...sheesh.
LEJ
I fish with both kinds of lures... Brush hogs and baby brush hogs.

Watermelon seed and California 420 are my go to colors. Alabama Craw is up there too.

Stormchaser
AG
It's crappie season, I am using jigs right now. But bass are always welcome to join the stringer. I can't tell any difference in the pan anyway and we need to cull a few from the tank each year.
harge57
AG
Unfortunately water temps aren't quite spring like yet in north texas.

Picked a half dozen bass up in about 12-20 ft of water with a carolina rig before going deep and slabbing up about 15 white bass.

Temps should be rising this week.
Mas89
AG
Chartreuse spinner baits and chatters on my lake worked best this week. The females are full of eggs but not on nests yet. Interesting that we caught only females last trip.
Tx95Ag
AG
Been catching nice ones on chartreuse H&H on the ponds in our hood.
Cassius
Red rattle trap. Black Texas rigged lizard.

Throwing anything else is a waste of time.
aftershock
Picked up some staight tail 6" Roboworms in Bold Bluegill the other day (online, needed 5 bucks to get free shipping). Really like the color on them. Caught 3 solid fish for where I fish in about 30 minutes on them yesterday.
docb
AG
Spring is always fun to chase largemouth but I think the best time to fish is actually the winter.
Slim Isle
Heddon Tiny Torpedo
trip98
AG
hitting Rayburn tomorrow. texas rig and spinnerbait ready to go. son will have tx rig and buzzbait.
going shalllow and targeting inside of grass lines
WestTexasAg
AG
Stormchaser said:

It's crappie season, I am using jigs right now. But bass are always welcome to join the stringer. I can't tell any difference in the pan anyway and we need to cull a few from the tank each year.
Nice! How big is is your pond? Did you build it yourself? I'm looking at doing one at our place.
brockdgag86
Nice stringer of fish!
Brockdgag86
mandevilleag
Heading to Toledo Bend for an annual gathering with my brothers and cousins at Indian Mounds. Generally fish Senkos or Bass Pro stickos in either wacky or weightless Texas rig in the Spring. Pretty much any color so long as it's watermelon.
Strategy
AG
Heading to the Lakhouse this weekend! Giving this thread a bump bump bump.
BigRedAg18
I got into the hybrids out at Lake Makenzie throwing a Zara Spook the other day. Water temps were at 55 and they were blowing it up right at dusk. These two took me for a ride in my kayak

giddings_ag_06
AG
Much nicer than my trophy yesterday

Stormchaser
AG
Quote:

Nice! How big is is your pond? Did you build it yourself? I'm looking at doing one at our place.
Mine is 2 to 3 acres depending on the rain that year. 3+ right now. It is full.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.