Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texian Firearms - past and current customers, please read. Costa Deal also

10,944 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by txags92
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The narc can F-off
TX AG 88
AG
Okay, I didn't read it that way. I saw reply 1 and reply 2, and was glad to see the second as it's a lot better. And it was right away, so probably no tarring and feathering needed. At least that's my take.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
TEG, yes, it would be easier/better to do it the "right" way, but you can just start by using a spreadsheet to start compiling the info

That alone can make things much easier.
javajaws
AG
Ah, the plight of the small business owner - to keep everyone happy all the time. Even when you mean well and try your best there's still those few that for some reason or other things didn't turn out all copacetic. My wife runs a small business, so I know that feeling as well. Sometimes its the fault of the business - not enough time, brain cells, organization, whatever. But sometimes its not. But the end result is always the same - it is ALWAYS the fault of the business, since making the customer happy is job 1.

I don't envy you EyeGuy, but I have no doubt you do everybody right when you can, if you can.

...to the comment about being passive aggressive: sounds like EyeGuy didn't know there was a problem (either didn't recall or didn't associate it with the poster's handle).
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
DartAg1970
AG
I think we've found our narc.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Can you call me with a status on my Omega?
Got the text earlier, you're on my list
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

TheEyeGuy said:

gumgardener said:

So does this mean i might finally get my upper i paid for but never received when we did the class serial numbers back in the day?
Um... contact me?

If that's your response you may as well delete your original post because it sounds like nothing has changed with you. I had to contact you numerous times in the past when things went south.

My advice, stop waiting for customers to contact you and contact them when things need to be said or straightened out. If its fault on your end its your job to pick up the phone
On this, I already had PMed him when I replied, in hind sight, I was in a hurry and didn't want to leave it for later to come back to so I quickly typed something out and moved on without thinking of what it sounded like. My bad there, but here's the problem on Texags.... I don't always know what the handle is versus the name. So, without knowing that, I couldn't do anything about the situation. And, in regards to this, we've already talked and got it squared away. His was a funky thing where he picked up the lower separately from the upper and I saw that the lower was tagged out and accidentally clicked everything out thinking it was done. Completely my fault but that was a unique situation from a long time ago that
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

TEG, yes, it would be easier/better to do it the "right" way, but you can just start by using a spreadsheet to start compiling the info

That's one of the things that I'm doing right now is setting up a master build list and gunsmithing list so that it's easier to track down what is in process and not at any given point.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
matthopp said:

You had me a little worried when I first opened this, I currently have a lot pending with you! Glad to hear about your plans moving forward and agree with 98Ag88Grad in having better communication. Lets touch base later this week for an update on the Project and complete the paperwork on my other goodies.
Yeah, that's why I specifically put costa buy in the subject line... I knew how that was going to sound when I posted it but I wanted to make sure it was obvious it wasn't the worst case scenario there.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, will be responding with costa prices shortly
gumgardener
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

TheEyeGuy said:

gumgardener said:

So does this mean i might finally get my upper i paid for but never received when we did the class serial numbers back in the day?
Um... contact me?

If that's your response you may as well delete your original post because it sounds like nothing has changed with you. I had to contact you numerous times in the past when things went south.

My advice, stop waiting for customers to contact you and contact them when things need to be said or straightened out. If its fault on your end its your job to pick up the phone
On this, I already had PMed him when I replied, in hind sight, I was in a hurry and didn't want to leave it for later to come back to so I quickly typed something out and moved on without thinking of what it sounded like. My bad there, but here's the problem on Texags.... I don't always know what the handle is versus the name. So, without knowing that, I couldn't do anything about the situation. And, in regards to this, we've already talked and got it squared away. His was a funky thing where he picked up the lower separately from the upper and I saw that the lower was tagged out and accidentally clicked everything out thinking it was done. Completely my fault but that was a unique situation from a long time ago that
Thanks for contacting me and getting the issue resolved quickly.
DatTallArchitect
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

I love your store and will continue to support it but I've always had the impression, in person and online, of "jack of all trades, master of none." Instead of trying to be everything to everyone, be great at one thing before moving along to the next. It may make your life easier. Just my unsolicited $.02.
And yes, that is something I forgot to put down. We don't have a great "identity" to our store. The jack of all trades does help us in some regards but we do need to focus on some specifics.
I thought it was optics
DatTallArchitect
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Bradley.Kohr.II said:

That's one of the things that I'm doing right now is setting up a master build list and gunsmithing list so that it's easier to track down what is in process and not at any given point.
For AR build lists, Brownells has a free one that is hard to beat. It would at least give you a great start. It works great regardless of what an individuals strategy is
SharkinAg
AG
Always appreciate your insight and willingness to hook us up when you can. We run a small business too and it's easy to drown and even easier for notes and files to get buried on a desk or get misplaced. But that's part of the pain of being successful, it's easy to overdue it. Can't make everyone happy.
Ronald_Ragin
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

TheEyeGuy said:

gumgardener said:

Um... contact me?

I've done 3 deals with EyeGuy.

Yes, it's taken a couple of phone each time to finalize everything. Yes, I could have gone to Academy or Bass Pro and gotten something similar in 2 of those deals. Yes, I had to drive to his shop for 2 of those deals, which is about 2 hours for me.

No, I don't regret it.

I learned more from Justin on necessity vs luxury, practicality vs convenience, then I ever have at any other storefront. Also, my guns shoot great!

But most of all, I know my money went to some good folks that I at least knew bits and pieces about. That in itself is worth a few extra phone calls if you ask me.

EyeGuy, I appreciate you doing your best around here and supporting Ags with good deals.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Hoyt Ag said:

Can you call me with a status on my Omega?
Got the text earlier, you're on my list

Please HMU if you have any news on mine, too, por favor
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I was going through and checking on things, didn't think to hit yours up but will tomorrow.
BCO07
AG
I purchased 3 rifles last year for my kids from eye guy. He got things done on time and I ended up with better rifles then what I paid for.
PFG
AG
You still on the "I'll get my can sometime this decade, maybe" train?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
PFG said:

NFA has been an achilles heel of ours, which is why I don't advertise doing it much. I've gotten everything on track at this point but yeah, I'll be the first to admit that the NFA stuff has been a rough road.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
PFG said:

Also, and I apologize for not knowing the names vs handles, if I have anything outstanding for you on suppressors, please contact me. There are a few that I have been a thorn in my side trying to get the stamps on.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, I THINK I've gotten back to everyone on pricing on costas, if I missed someone, please send me a nudge. I had like 50 requests between texts/Pms so if someone got lost in the shuffle, I apologize but I'm trying to make sure I didn't miss anyone.
PFG
AG
Maybe the OB MAP narc is the same guy that did it here too...

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/a-note-on-tangent-theta-and-pricing.6916820/

Slamn Sharpe
Anyone across the country that does a google search for a product that Eyeguy sells can stumble across one of his threads. I'm pretty sure he mentioned it months ago that people in the industry are constantly checking for this type of thing anyways.

I would wager there is no "narc" with a texags handle
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Anyone across the country that does a google search for a product that Eyeguy sells can stumble across one of his threads. I'm pretty sure he mentioned it months ago that people in the industry are constantly checking for this type of thing anyways.

I would agree except for black market and a couple other things that I'm not going to mention publicly, and hell, maybe I am being paranoid, but the things I'm getting the fun emails from are those that you have to specifically be looking for it sort of thing.
Slamn Sharpe
TheEyeGuy said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

I would agree except for black market and a couple other things that I'm not going to mention publicly, and hell, maybe I am being paranoid, but the things I'm getting the fun emails from are those that you have to specifically be looking for it sort of thing.

I would need more details because I'm not sure what you're talking about but. This begs the question... if someone is that mad, to waste time on ratting someone out over something as silly as pricing. You have to seriously piss someone off. How many people have you pissed off, to that level that you cant easily figure out who it is?

Frustrated? Yes
Disappointed? Yes
Highly pissed off? No
To lazy to report and unaware of what a "map violation" was? Yep

As fun as it would be for this board to think it was me, yall are looking in the wrong direction
Aggieangler93
AG
When I do a google search for Texian Firearms, and scroll to the bottom of the page, it shows me related searches. Under related seaarches, the tbm site is listed there twice. Maybe that is because google knows my search history, so I will see if I can get someone else in the office to search it for me who has never been to Texian Firearms and find out if the behavior is the same.

I'm just thinking if it comes up that easily for any Texian Firearms search, then at least knowing about the existence of the tbm, at least, may not be NARC related. Of course that is all circumstantial, and it could be that there is a NARC also. Not sure if I am proving anything here.

Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
PFG
AG
Well, every time you post you further everyone's suspicions. So I'd recommend you stop. Bc it's a bad look, bro.
Slamn Sharpe
PFG said:

Well, every time you post you further everyone's suspicions. So I'd recommend you stop. Bc it's a bad look, bro.

I don't care what you or anyone thinks about me and I thought it was obvious in another thread. But you're a little slow so I've made it even clearer now
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Let's just get off the narc subject. A witch hunt isn't what I was wanting to start but felt the need to explain a couple things. I wasn't thinking through how the OB works in that regard, though, haha. At the end of the day, I was posting it up to hopefully get that person to talk to me. And it could be a competitor that knows that I post hereooo gun store people can be very petty in regards to the competition. But, I also needed to throw it out there as to why some of the things are changing on deal posts going forward.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
PFG said:

Maybe the OB MAP narc is the same guy that did it here too...

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/a-note-on-tangent-theta-and-pricing.6916820/

You know, to my last post about it being a competitor... after reading that, it could very much be that exact situation.
oklaunion
I would agree except for black market and a couple other things that I'm not going to mention publicly,

I would wager it is not from your Black Market site as I have attempted to buy several items you have mentioned as being available there and never had any luck getting the ordering process to work.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
oklaunion said:

I would agree except for black market and a couple other things that I'm not going to mention publicly,

I would wager it is not from your Black Market site as I have attempted to buy several items you have mentioned as being available there and never had any luck getting the ordering process to work.
Black market backend will be replaced shortly. This happens too often though several have bough a lot from there.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Thanks for what you do, Eyeguy. I know it's hard running a small business and keeping things in order.

Sounds like you need to start a spreadsheet of names/usernames to help keep track of us on the OB.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Thanks for what you do, Eyeguy. I know it's hard running a small business and keeping things in order.

Sounds like you need to start a spreadsheet of names/usernames to help keep track of us on the OB.
I've actually thought about it but just seemed... creepy.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.