Outdoors
Sponsored by

Nosey neighbor stole my duck.

13,999 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Caesar4
Hehateme1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PooDoo said:

I found her... She turned her into a bird sanctuary.

Well, she turned me into a newt !!

I got better.
ItsA&InotA&M
Did the duck have to pay the rehab facility in cash or did they just put it on his bill?
jeremy360
Say nothing to no one. Get the duck back. Put up flyers saying missing one of a kind deformed duck due to being cross bred with homing pigeon. Drop duck back in pond. Wait for look on neighbor's face.
Cedar09
combat wombat™
AG
ursusguy said:

I have worked with a lot of HOAs on duck issues. I highly recommend getting rid of all non-migratory waterfowl. ESPECIALLY if they are being fed. Creates too many problem.
OMG, no kidding! My neighborhood has a "waterfowl club" of volunteers who feed these ducks. They sign up for a schedule. These animals are so dumb that they walk in front of moving cars and make little to no effort to move. I realize they are wild animals and don't understand modern machinery, but come on... animals understand when something is coming at/for them and they move. Periodically someone loses their **** and runs one over. I have had to get out of my car more than once to shoo the stupid birds out of the street so that I can drive.
STX Ag
AG
Me reading this thread at work today:

tamc93
AG
Just in to say ... wow.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Dunn4
AG
The duck was taken to the Quack Shack.
Cromagnum
AG
rednecked said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

You should send your neighbor a bill
but then what would the duck use for a crutch?

Goodest Poster
AG
Troutslime said:

Old RV Ag said:

Troutslime said:

Time to go buy 100 ducks, 25 swans, 25 geese and 9 peacocks.
All handicapped!

And send the bill to the old lady since she's in charge of pond waterfowl.
That's just barbaric...then it wont have a crutch

edit...someone beat me to the joke
TxFig
AG
ursusguy said:

I have worked with a lot of HOAs on duck issues. I highly recommend getting rid of all non-migratory waterfowl. ESPECIALLY if they are being fed. Creates too many problem.

You got any that have those Greater Canada geese? I have a 3 acre pond next to my house and would love 4-6 of those big honkers living on it.

Strictly as pets...
SPF250
AG
Canadian geese are a menace.
MizooAg94
AG
Thread delivered...

But...

Trying to be serious, tell your friend to give the ducklings a little vitamin B12 in the food or water.
BuddysBud
AG
TxFig said:

ursusguy said:

You got any that have those Greater Canada geese? I have a 3 acre pond next to my house and would love 4-6 of those big honkers living on it.

Strictly as pets...

No you don't. 4-6 quickly becomes 40-60.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Slimy green goose poop is THE WORST
PooDoo
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Can you tell us more about how you found her and discovered where the duck was/is? Was there some awkward conversation? Did someone know her and just tell you where she usually takes them? Lotta questions left unanswered.

Slow day at work.

One of the links posted had a list of wildlife rescue types... I called about 3 of them until I found a guy that gave me the duck sanctuary's phone number.

I left a voicemail and the lady called back and told me she had the duck.

I still haven't been able to figure out who the lady was or where she lives.

Another case solved by the OB.
HalifaxAg
AG

Furlock Bones
AG
ursusguy said:

my first thought. we found the a hole that starts all of the neighborhood duck problems.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I call BS on them not understanding moving machinery. (I also can't stand people who stop for ducks. Turtles I get stopping for - they are rather dumb, and probably don't have the ability to process much movement. Anyone's who has ever run after poultry knows that birds get the idea of "running away.")

If they get hit, who cares? Resident fowl, unless being farmed, are just annoying.
combat wombat™
AG
Well if they understand Machinery, then they're playing an awfully dangerous game of chicken. Or should I say duck?
88planoAg
AG
The deer around here absolutely understand cars. I've seen them look both ways. I think those that don't are eliminated. (Boerne area)
lb sand
AG

If only we had an expert in bird law to sort this all out.
aggielostinETX
AG
PooDoo said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Can you tell us more about how you found her and discovered where the duck was/is? Was there some awkward conversation? Did someone know her and just tell you where she usually takes them? Lotta questions left unanswered.

Slow day at work.

One of the links posted had a list of wildlife rescue types... I called about 3 of them until I found a guy that gave me the duck sanctuary's phone number.

I left a voicemail and the lady called back and told me she had the duck.

I still haven't been able to figure out who the lady was or where she lives.

Another case solved by the OB.

100/1 the sanctuary has her info.
Caesar4
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.