Outdoors
Sponsored by

Wood!

12,259 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieStout
SoulSlaveAG2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
v
agrams
AG
I don't want to start another thread, but a table I made from some leftover walnut slabs:

I like the black bases because it lets me use scrap of various species of wood and keep cost really low on the base. Plus it is a durable finish, each to touch up, and lets me play with a little more modern style bases that I often see done in metal, but don't want to pay 400-500 to get it in metal.
Goodest Poster
AG
Looks good Agrams!
Aggie12B
AG
Abrams, as always, you continue to amaze us with your awesome creations and skill. You have mad skills. Maybe someday, I'll be lucky enough to buy some of your works of art, and they are, indeed, works of art.
agrams
AG
the cherry desks are going to be lighter style desks with just 3 shallow drawers, and I want to carry the live edge look to the drawers similar to how the top is. However, while I like the curve on the top, I don't like how a straight skirt and drawer faces would look with it

So the obvious answer is to make the front skirt and the drawer faces contoured to mirror the shape of the desktop.. which means bent lamination glue-ups.

Step 1: Get some stock and cut it to thinner sheets that can bend around a form and be glued together:

The next step will be to flatten both sides and level them to an even thickness. Then make the form...
agrams
AG
Random opportunity. I am looking at buying 2-3 zebrawood slabs from a mill. If I buy all 3 I can get themat about 1250 per (vs 1600 per). For comparison, I've not seen many zebrawood slabs available generally, and what I have usually runs about 1.5-2x this price.

If I can get 1-2 people interested in a project (4-6 person dining table or a desktop) I will pull the trigger. I need one for myself for a project, but would rather not take on the whole lot of inventory. They are roughly 36 wide, 3" thicker (fat *******s) and 60, 74, and ~85" long.

If anyone is interested, PM me or shoot me an email at grams woodworks at geemail dot com
Sazerac
AG
Any pics of finished zebra wood?

I am interested in getting a custom dining table and benches made for a narrow but long space.
agrams
AG
This was a zebrawood box I did. Depending on the finish you use, the white color of the zebrawood could get a slight goldening to it with an oil based finish, or if a water based finish was used it can keep a little clearer/whiter sheen:

This is a table that looks like it has a more subdued/oiled finish that yellowed the white a little:
agrams
AG
apparently I am also in the trophy business (but also for a good cause):

ratfacemcdougal
Finally a decent trophy.
Hwy30East
Those are really cool looking for trophies!
agrams
AG
The first place trophies, made from tamo ash:

Buck Turgidson
agrams, have you ever thought about making some custom rifle socks?
AggieStout
AG
Wow that zebra wood looks amazing. I don't have any projects but just dropped by to admire
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.