Outdoors
Sponsored by

Do you arm yourself or your wife first?

5,645 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agsalaska
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 2 cents...

Which one of you 1) can actually hit the target center mass, and 2) HAS THE BALLS TO PULL THE TRIGGER!

I know folks who asked about CHL training, but they couldn't swat a fly.
dubi
AG
Naveronski said:

Beachbabe19 said:

My husband had guns first but I've always been around guns- I now have a 9mm, 7mm 08, and use a 12 gauge shotgun for protection while he's out of town.

Here we go...

My home defense guns are:

1) My very first M&P 9mm with Streamlight light/laser next to the bed, and
2) A bare bones AR 223 with a Streamlight light/laser.

These guns were specifically chosen in case of an 'incident" and the police took possession for years on end.

Both are readily available in seconds.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
dubi
AG
Do you need to update the D60 drum mag too?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
dubi said:

Do you need to update the D60 drum mag too?
The new D50s for the 308s have dropped, since we're on that subject. Glorious.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
dubi
AG
I own 5 and they are glorious!
Mr. Dubi
But a pain to load.

Back to the original question: Dubi was the first to get CHL, since I work in healthcare...
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Naveronski said:

Southpaw 07 said:

The specifics of this idea will probably be mocked, but why not 2x HiPoint 9mm ($159 ea at Academy) or something in a similar price point? You could be out the door with 2 guns plus some ammo for $400.

They aren't slim, sexy, or fancy, but I'd rather have ugly protection than none at all. You can always save for something nicer down the line.

No.

One quality firearm is better than two very ****ty, bottom of the barrel, just barely functioning, anything.

Agreed. Id much rather buy a couple good used guns than a brand new hipoint.

That being said if you are both in situations that make you feel like you need to carry a gun on a daily basis I'd buy two quality guns and make cuts elsewhere.

I'm not married yet but if I ever do get married my wife will definitely have her own gun (I'm working on finding a suitable wife that brings as many guns to the marriage as I have although that's probably why Im still not married). All I have to do is take a dive in the lake and recover one of the guns lost during the big boat accident on 1/20/09... if I want both of us to be armed.
CTGilley
AG
You are planning to marry a dude?
JSKolache
AG
2x glock 42, put on credit card and payoff over a couple months if you cant blow 1/4 to 1/2 a paycheck upfront.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
CTGilley said:

You are planning to marry a dude?

Haha. No. I'd be willing to bet there are girls with more guns than I have than gays with a single gun. All I'm really looking for is a chick who will inherit a decent amount of guns or land.

CTGilley
AG
I wanted to post the hot crazy scale photo with that but can't from my phone.

agsalaska
AG
The .40 is where the deals are right now. Tons of guns. tons of ammo. Low demand. And a lethal round.

Edit,

I just looked on Gunbroker

Glock 22 Gen 3. police issue for $265.

Taurus Beretta copy for $210.

Both really good guns. I am sure you if you dig deeper you can find something compact in the same $ range.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agsalaska
AG
Walther PPS in .40 for $250.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
texAZtea
AG
This developed nicely.

Eye guy, I'm going to get in contact with you soon, I'm looking at asking her dad if he could finance a part of this endeavor. After that I'll have a better idea of budget.
dubi
AG
texAZtea said:

This developed nicely.

Eye guy, I'm going to get in contact with you soon, I'm looking at asking her dad if he could finance a part of this endeavor. After that I'll have a better idea of budget.
I bet he will buy her a gun!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
texAZtea said:

This developed nicely.

Will be very happy to help out!
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
texAZtea
AG
I'm honestly surprised he hasn't yet, but if I hint at buying her a Hi Point just so she has something that might be the trigger, so to speak.
BenderRodriguez
AG
You've got an AgTag. If budget is truly that tight, I've got a surplus M&P 40 full size with 3 mags. It's yours. Just let me know where you're at and I'll figure out if I need to send it to an FFL or if we can just meet up.

Use your planned two gun budget and get her something nice, while you use the M&P and save up for a gun for yourself.
SPF250
AG
Good on you, Bender.
texAZtea
AG
Was not expecting that. I appreciate and very enthusiastically accept!

BenderRodriguez
AG
Saved your email. I'm not going to get time to send you an email until tomorrow (and I'm in florida until next week anyway) but you can take it down, and I'll get with you tomorrow
agsalaska
AG
Good bull
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.