Outdoors
Sponsored by

Prince of Poachers

24,172 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Shoefly!
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi Charlie.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Quote:

I personally have no problem with the trespassing, just because there is very little public land in TX. If you're not well to do, you're not hunting quality land in TX.
I knew your post was going to be a giant pile of crap after reading just the part in bold above.

After perusing this thread and the prior responses, I doubt you'll find anyone that views him as some sort of Robin Hood.

Don't like our situation with public hand hunting opportunities? Lobby your elected officials for better opportunities, pay for the right to access and lease these properties, or go to another state with these opportunities. Your perceived inequity of hunting opportunities on public land in Texas will NEVER be a valid reason to poach or trespass…

I'm sorry you feel this way because I have zero sympathy for poachers, especially career ones.
Centerpole90
AG
Mas89
AG
Cellular game cameras have been a game changer on poachers, thieves, and trespassers. Charlie and the rook might not want to get caught on some ranches with a gun.
cupofjoe04
AG
Flagged for "violates the law" - because this is literally a rookie troll, advocating for violating multiple laws. Trespassing & illegal taking of game (you think buying a hunting license makes it OK?!?!).

carl spacklers hat
jkc001 said:

Cupofjoe04, you're right about a Preaching needing a strong BS meter. One is needed for this thread as well!

Several of the negative critiques posted here are dubious and not based on truth and/or fact as I know it. Instead, they come across as manufactured, malicious, and self-serving.

I'll offer some examples.

Agwarrior claims that Charlie brags on his FB page about "counting his money." I've looked and don't see such a comment. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. And, we've already agreed that the book is unlikely to generate any significant revenue to count.

Agwarrior also claims that his FB page has "tons of negative comments." I've looked and have seen a few but certainly not "tons." In fact, his FB page has more than 19K "Likes" and "Followers". Look for yourself:

https://www.facebook.com/Princeofpoachers/

The poaching that took place was over a twenty-two year period; from 1976 to 1998. That's 21 to 43 years ago. It hasn't happened since.

Regarding the story of the "second chance" the Preacher offered him, it isn't true. Charlie has a successful Taxidermy business with a clientele from across the country that includes celebrities like Ted Nugent. Go to his FB page and look at the examples of his work. The facts speak for themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/Princeofpoachers/

And, why would a person in their 60's, with an established, successful business, leave it for a "second chance" working on a ranch? Does that seem to be a bit far fetched? Again, a "second chance" for what?

As a side note, Charlie is a third generation Preacher's son. He knows his way around the Bible better than most people.

In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that he works closely with the Game Wardens. The reason that I know this is because they visit his business just as they probably do with most Taxidermists. People tend to boast about things they shouldn't have done and it gets them in trouble. I suspect there is a Warden reading this thread now with a keen interest in what can be learned.

A final point, if Agwarrior and his colleagues are so opposed to Charlie and his book, they should have thought about keeping it to themselves. By posting on the OB, they keep this thread at the top of the page and thus pique readers curiosity. The longer the conversation continues, the more exposure and better for Charlie. Many readers will go to his FB page, just as the other 19K+ have, make their own judgements, and some will purchase his book. There's nothing an entrepreneur likes more than the free advertising on the TexAgs OB!

That's an awful lot of goal-tending for a verified piece of shlt.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
SanAntoneAg
AG
HighCountry69 said:

This was a fascinating story and well worth the $ and time. Yeah, the grammar was terrible and the story was hard to follow at times, but Charlie never claimed to be a scholar. I personally have no problem with the trespassing, just because there is very little public land in TX. If you're not well to do, you're not hunting quality land in TX. There's plenty of public land in other states that provide an opportunity for a quality hunt, why not TX. All that being said, I don't know how Charlie lives with himself. I couldn't kill a deer, cut off its antlers and just let the meat be wasted. To hell with the fatcat rancher's pocket book, but to take a life for no other reason than for a trophy or a thrill, is just sickening. I can see buying a hunting license and sneaking on those ranches to kill the legal bag limit once a year, but not just anytime you wanted. Conservation is important, but the trespassing thing, that's Texas's fault. There are ways to create public land ownership for the people. It needs to be done. I believe that Charlie can be forgiven. As far as profiting from all of this, it's probably not right, but everyone has to make a living and before we go jumping on this little guy and his small profit, we should look at the bigger picture. Pick on the wasted tax dollars by the government or some other BIG problem first!

I remember the first time I started drinking at noon.
Gig 'em! '90
cupofjoe04
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

jkc001 said:

Cupofjoe04, you're right about a Preaching needing a strong BS meter. One is needed for this thread as well!

That's an awful lot of goal-tending for a verified piece of shlt.

Carl, thanks for reminding me how deep the manure was in this thread. I had honestly forgotten.

I think HighCountry69 is just another jkc sock, the Charlie Apologist. Maybe even Charlie himself still trying to pathetically pimp a few books. Someone has some serious motivation to go to those lengths to stick up for this… um…. character.

BS meter = maxed out

&ct=g
Furlock Bones
AG
Moderators can go ahead an permaban this moronic spammer.
Txag17
AG
There is a podcast that interviews him as well. Guy is a real POS, but is a really interesting listen. He poached two ranches over in Webb county, that he talks about in the podcast, that I have shared a fence with. Makes you wonder if he poached that lease as well back in the day.

The Big Honker Podcast - Episode #168: Charles Beaty "Prince of Poachers"
www.gascustomhomes.com
Wodanaz
AG
I enjoyed his storytelling on the Big Honker podcast episode so much, I bought his book. I've stomped around those ranches down there & enjoyed visualizing all those big deer in the scrub brush and live oak motts. Doesn't make me a poacher anymore than reading The Heroin Diaries or The Holy Bible makes me Nikki Sixx or Jesus Christ. I did learn a lot from each of them though, especially from the one about redemption and judgement.
Shoefly!
AG
AgEng06 said:

This is good info... but I still don't think he should be able to profit from his years of breaking the law.

(I realize this kind of profiting happens all the time, but I still don't agree with it.)

His profits should go towards the ranches and owners he took from, not in his pocket. He's using people again.
Shoefly!
AG
Narcissistic Pathological liars love to stroke themselves in front of the audience. He's trying to prove that there is nothing wrong with what he has done.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.