Outdoors
Sponsored by

Brown recluse?

43,027 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BusterAg
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Post your wife's phone number so we can check on your status.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
1990AG
AG
Richline said:

The ignore feature is priceless.

At the doctor now.

Y'all are a bunch of vultures.
NOT dead!

yet...

AgEng06
AG
I think his wife would be more likely to kick your asses than he would...

Edit: I'm not saying this out of any kind of disrespect for the OP. I just used to work with his wife.
C Loves L
Richline said:

The ignore feature is priceless.

At the doctor now.

Y'all are a bunch of vultures.

Being you post on outdoors I assume you have firearms. If they cant save you can I have your firearms?
Ag_of_08
AG
Piece of my left foot is missing because of a recluse, they aren't fun...
MR Gadsden
I think I'm going to live just to spite all of you.

The doctor gave me antibiotics and said there really wasn't much to do now except wait and see we of it gets worse.

I'm calling a new pest company to come out. Anyone from the area have any recommendations, besides move, or burn the place down?
Old RV Ag
AG
Richline said:

I think I'm going to live just to spite all of you.

The doctor gave me antibiotics and said there really wasn't much to do now except wait and see we of it gets worse.

I'm calling a new pest company to come out. Anyone from the area have any recommendations, besides move, or burn the place down?
Make sure the pest control company guarantees getting rid of husbands.
cbr
AG
Lol ob is ruthless.

If you dont live can i have your truck?
Caesar4
AG
Man Burns Down House to Kill Spider

agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

If you dont live can i have your truck?
I don't think he drives a truck...

Just here to pile on.
BCStalk
This thread is just ruthless.
88planoAg
AG
So wait...did the doc confirm brown recluse??
gibberish
AG
Can you at least have your widow sell your guns to the OB for the price you told her you paid

MR Gadsden
I'm still alive you scavengers!

MR Gadsden
88planoAg said:

No he said, "yep that's a spider bite. Yeah that picture looks like it could be a a recluse. And there really isn't much to do unless it develops a blister and gets infected"
Mark Fairchild
AG
Ain't funny McGee! Had one my senior year on the small of my back, never been so sick before or since. Made a huge, ***** sore and eat a bunch of skin away. Had a big weird spot on my back for 10 or so years after that, Brown Recluse bites are NO FUN and DO NOT TAKE LIGHTLY!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Old RV Ag
AG
Richline said:

88planoAg said:

No he said, "yep that's a spider bite. Yeah that picture looks like it could be a a recluse. And there really isn't much to do unless it develops a blister and gets infected"
EFE
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Made a huge, ***** sore

Nice humble brag
Caesar4
AG
Richline said:

88planoAg said:

Hopefully you haven't already GIS'ed "brown recluse bites". I did, and it's not pleasant to see.
Eliminatus
AG
I don't want anything of yours. I have class , unlike these animals here.

I just want to point out that you will probably go before "The Road Chose Me" dude.

That's honestly really sad and you should feel sad about that. It'll probably be on your headstone in fact.

RIP OP

dhharder
AG
I got bit on the stomach a few years ago. I got a blister and the black skin, but only half dollar size. They didn't have to cut anything out and now I have a light scar.

Luckily I didn't have the six pack abs from college but a layer of fat. Dr. Said this may have helped. So it does pay to drink beer and stop working out!
Badace52
AG
Where is the picture? Also brown recluse bites very rarely kill anyone. You may lose a hunk of flesh, like the poster above who was bit on the foot in kindergarten, but you are unlikely to die from the bite itself. Poor wound care and bacterial superinfection are what might get you.

There is question as to whether brown recluse venom by itself can kill you at all. Most deaths attributed to brown recluses are likely not related to spider bites, but instead are abscesses that spread and lead to bacterial sepsis. There are multiple medical papers about this.

I cannot tell you how many people I see in the ER who were "bit by a spider" and actually just have an abscess. If you don't see a spider, it's not a spider bite (obviously this does not apply to the OP).

If I ever catch one of those abscess "spiders," I'm gonna make it my life's ambition to eliminate those *******s from existence.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Luckily I didn't have the six pack abs from college but a layer of fat. Dr. Said this may have helped. So it does pay to drink beer and stop working out!
MR Gadsden
The second post I put a picture of the spider. I haven't taken a picture of my bite yet because well it's just two puncture wounds on a otherwise hairy back. I'm saving you from that.

So my wife and I started cleaning up the guest room where I was bit (I was sent there due to snoring) we've since found 3 more dead spiders that look just like the first. So burning the house down now sounds reasonable to me.

More pics to follow. (No, none of the wife)
Badace52
AG
All I can see is a minus sign. Is there some special way to access the pic?
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MR Gadsden
so this whole thread and I'm the only one that can see the first picture I posted?
dhharder
AG
Richline said:

so this whole thread and I'm the only one that can see the first picture I posted?

Yep
MR Gadsden
Spiders

Well there's a shared album with the spiders. The one from this morning is the one that looks like it is stuck to a blanket. the other two we found dead. The last one I threw away before thinking about taking a picture of it.
Badace52
AG
100% for sure brown recluses. No question. All of them.
CM
agcrock2005
AG
Ouch...got a little less funny after looking at the pics. Those are definitely brown recluses.
MR Gadsden
Badace52 said:

100% for sure brown recluses. No question. All of them.
So light the fire and walk away?

Why in the hell would we have 4 brown recluses in the spare bedroom? Would that be considered an infestation? I know this is Midland and all, but I don't want one of the kids getting bit. Any thoughts on what to do? I'll have a pest company out here tomorrow.
Caesar4
AG
Richline said:

Spiders

Well there's a shared album with the spiders. The one from this morning is the one that looks like it is stuck to a blanket. the other two we found dead. The last one I threw away before thinking about taking a picture of it.
Dang! Sorry to hear. Hope you recover quickly and don't have any escalating problems.
Eliminatus
AG
Richline said:

Spiders

Can confirm. You don't grow up in the desert like I did without being able to ID these *******ed fiddlebacks from across the room.

Damn, definitely seek professional help in exterminating them.

As for your back, the doc is right. There is actually a high chance your body will naturally take care of the toxins and the bump and burning sensation will fade to nothing. Know quite a few people that have gotten bit and well over half had no real problems with it. Just the scare and a hospital bill for antihistamines and orders to "return if it starts rotting".

Just keep a close eye on it and hope for the best.

ETA: Ah, just saw you live in Midland. Yeah, I'm an Odessa native. And not from the good parts. (If those actually exist). Stay on top of your exterminator schedule. Damned fiddlebacks and scorpions were endemic in that area.
MR Gadsden
agcrock2005 said:

Ouch...got a little less funny after looking at the pics. Those are definitely brown recluses.
It's still funny that here I sat all day thinking these sorry sacks saw the picture and were still circling around for the spoils.

My fault, I thought I could post a single pic from my google photo album.
SteveBott
AG
TA does not like google pics so far. Imgur is the way to go

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.