Outdoors
Sponsored by

Help me with zero turns

17,506 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ToddyHill
jpb1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably both pretty similar and quality, but I have had the Ariens for a year now and it has been great. Not sure where you are but I found mine at a local mom and pop that offered a cash price of 2999.

One note is that the place where I got it will handle all maintenance in house... Cub Cadet probably has to be sent off...

Spane Bohem

schmellba99
AG
jpb1999 said:

Probably both pretty similar and quality, but I have had the Ariens for a year now and it has been great. Not sure where you are but I found mine at a local mom and pop that offered a cash price of 2999.

One note is that the place where I got it will handle all maintenance in house... Cub Cadet probably has to be sent off...
Why would a CC have to be sent off?

Maintenance on these is the same regardless of brands - oil, filters, grease the spindles, sharpen the blades, change a belt on occasion. That's it.
jpb1999
AG
I guess not maintenance... warranty repairs, etc.

Spane Bohem

Greenchiles
AG
OP be like - V - after this thread

magnumtmp
AG
12thmayne said:

Ride 'em, cowboy!
fooz
jpb1999 said:

Thanks. I've only got an acre to mow and don't want to shell out much more. I was leaning toward the CC only because of the bigger tires and headlights. I'll see which has the better warranty.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I just bought some property (1.6 acres) and am budgeting $5-6k for a new zero turn. Thinking about the Hustler Raptor SDX with Kawasaki engine and 60" deck. Any others I should consider in that price range?
Hoyt Ag
AG
Scaggs with same motor
Chupacabra44
Another vote for ExMark!
Agmechanic
AG
I have 4.6 acres and bought a 400-series Kubota with a 60" deck. That thing is awesome and I mow that whole area in about 1:30
a gmechanic 01@gma i l (no spaces)
AG Custom
AG
Gravely....all day, everyday IMO. Great mowers, built well, and last.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I borrowed my mom's Bobcat zero turn today to mow my new property and it about bounced me off. Terrain is fairly rough so I'll need to take that into consideration with which machine I go with. I'm thinking I some suspension to smooth out the ride may be justified!
Greeze06
AG
Think you should consider the 54".

Ive got 3 acres and bought the Gravely Zthd 54. Price is in the range you mention and it's a great machine. Plenty capable for 3 acres and would slay 1.6 in no time.

60" would maybe be too big and sometimes those dont fit on all trailers.
Ikanizer
AG
You all might laugh but I bought a Toro 50+" zero turn with shock absorber seat from Home Depot on sale to mow 3 or 4 acres full of obstacles. I look forward to putting the headphones on and spending 3 hours driving it. Just to see what it would do I took it into a pasture and plowed into a patch of shoulder high greenbrier and it went right over it. I think it has a 25 hp Kawasaki engine. Runs great.
LoneStarFree
Nobody Knows My Name said:

I just bought some property (1.6 acres) and am budgeting $5-6k for a new zero turn. Thinking about the Hustler Raptor SDX with Kawasaki engine and 60" deck. Any others I should consider in that price range?

I bought the 54", with the same motor. I love it, never thought I'd ever look forward to mowing.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Anyone have any experience with Ferris? Their suspension seams to be above and beyond the competition.
DeWrecking Crew
LoneStarFree said:

Nobody Knows My Name said:

I bought the 54", with the same motor. I love it, never thought I'd ever look forward to mowing.
Well, for a fellow OB'er I suppose I could let you mow mine this weekend, won't charge you a cent, but you'll owe me one.
ToddyHill
AG
Wow, that's crazy. We also have 4.6 acres and I bought the 400 series Kubota as well, though ours is the 54" deck. Bought it three summers ago and it still works great. Just hit 100 hours.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.