Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best Bay Boat

24,726 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tumble Weed
MattyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lot of good boats mentioned. Can't go wrong with Majek,Shoalwater or Haynie. I've got a buddy that test drove the Catalyst and was impressed. I'll throw another one in the mix. I run a 2012 Mowdy C25 at it's a great combination for skinny water running and smooth ride in rough chop. The dead rise of the bow allows for a good ride in offshore swells as well. I'm actually starting to think about putting this one on the market and getting Robby to build me a new one with a raised console.
Hoyt Ag
AG
I pulled the trigger on the C25 at the boat show. Robbie is a great guy. Going factory direct saved me 15k if not more. I think if you ordered today you're at least May on wait time.
FIDO*98*
AG
JACK DUKE said:

Thx Fido. Saw them yesterday at the boat show. Headed to POC Saturday to demo one...and get a hook or two wet.

Well, as long as you're upping the budget I'd take a look at the Saber Cat as well. Ultimately I decided to stick with my Outlaw since it's paid off, but, if I were buying today it would be one of those two. They are both incredible in ride, speed, and shallow water performance.

FWIW, If I knew then what I know now I would have added a raised console and gone with the Captain's chairs instead of a leaning post. Had I done that I probably wouldn't have even considered a new boat. When I bought my Outlaw, boat, motor, and trailer was around 49K. Even rigged out it's a little closer to your original budget and I guarantee you you won't find a better 23' Boat on the market. Draft is around 9" and it runs in less than that if you need it to. Before we got our place in Corpus I fished Seadrift/POC for 2 years and it was perfect for that Bay system
B-1 83
AG
Majek

Eot
Duck Blind
AG
Thx Fido! Great info and great info from all on this thread. Thank you!
Carpe D1em
AG
Looking for a 20-22 ft to use in Sabine lake, jet ties, and Toledo Bend. Trying to span from bass to trout/reds with one boat. There will be compromises no doubt. The boat show had 22ft CC Crestliner that looked interesting. Anyone on here have experience with this line, or have an opinion?
Tumble Weed
Mowdy

A no bs fishing boat. I don't own one of these, but I gave them a hard look a couple of years ago. This one is 56K.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.