Outdoors
Sponsored by

Pellet Smokers

5,322 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bird93
GE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Camp Chief PG24 Deluxe with the Sear Box is very hard to beat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVELGT6/?tag=aboutcom02thespruceeats-20&ascsubtag=4159120%7Cgoogle.com%7C%7C%7C%7C1%7C
I have the camp chef and have been very happy. Not a huge fan of the sear box. Doesn't get hot enough. Cast iron over an open burner like you would use for a crawfish boil or turkey fry works much better.
LawHall88
AG
JarAG2007 said:

I got a Pit Boss from academy on display last year and love it. I saw someone had issues with their pit boss, but mine has been fine. I like the slide cover so you can have direct access to the flame for steaks. I do a a slow smoke and then sear with this and family likes it.

I did research for a long time before getting this. I didn't want to spend a lot before trying the pellet method and seeing if i liked it. Now that i have one i don't think i will ever go back. I have cooked pizza, burgers, steaks, and smoked chicken, ribs, brisket. Very versatile in what it can do.

A camp chef would be another good intro unit.

If i were to spend more money and go all in i would have looked at the rec tec. They have amazing customer service and a good product from everything i have read and people i talked to. The green mountain grill has mixed reviews with their wifi capability and heat retention. That doesn't mean it isn't a good product though. Just keep in mind if the only reason you like it is for wifi and monitoring your cooks, you can buy after mark probes and wifi/bluetooth capable devices to give you that option. I have a grilleye system that works well for me.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, the wi-fi didn't interest me. The place I purchased from only had wi-fi units and I told them I was going to look elsewhere, so they threw in a free cover and some pellets to offset the additional cost.
n_touch
Just put two Beef roasts on the pit. First time for beef roast. Will post pics later.
Broncos
Probably about to pull the trigger on the Traeger since they're having a sale on the pro series right now.
Bird93
AG
I just finished smoking the turkey on my Rec Tec Stampede. Turned out phenomenal.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.