Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****Official gun trading thread*****

1,067,041 Views | 5435 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Red Pear Realty
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SOLD
CactusThomas
AG
Thats a great rifle. Looks like lightweight Talley's.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
TheVarian said:

Howdy howdy,

Looking to sell or trade a Howa Mini Action Heavy Barrel in 6.5 Grendel (https://galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=HMA70622~&zipcode=) with a Vortez Viper 4-16x50. I don't remember what scope rings I have on it but it was done over at Gordy and Sons and they picked them out. I have had this gun for years and have never fired it. Thought it would be good to pass along to someone else. Located in Houston

Looking to get $1,000

I have the same model in a 30.06 with a regular barrel that I love.
SGrem
You mentioned trade....any interest in trading or partial trading for a guided fishing trip on the coast or coastal duck hunt? I trade trips for guns and then give those guns to deserving kiddos....
highvelocity
AG
looking for a 300 win mag. preference on carbon fiber / lightweight. looking to buy or have some a couple of ARs in 6.8, 9mm and 6.5 grendel for trade
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
K Bo
AG
K Bo said:

Beretta M9A1 and Holosun 407K FS in Houston - https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3435819

Looking for a CZ P-01 if any interest in trading.
TheVarian
AG
Let me get back to you on this, I think we could work a deal out.

ETA: I'll give you a ring this afternoon
Jason_Roofer
Anyone have any Winchester Model 70's with Walnut furniture looking for a new home? I'm specifically interested in the New Haven Classic Sporters (CRF) or even the new production Utah based BACO versions. I have developed some sort of addiction for these particular rifles. (7mm Rem Mag, 7mm PRC, .280 varieties, .300 Win Mag)
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Ought to check out the Christensen Arms 300WM on sale at Scheels for $1500. Been pretty impressed with mine so far on paper at 200yds.
JuneBug07
AG
Jason_InfinityRoofer said:

Anyone have any Winchester Model 70's with Walnut furniture looking for a new home? I'm specifically interested in the New Haven Classic Sporters (CRF) or even the new production Utah based BACO versions. I have developed some sort of addiction for these particular rifles. (7mm Rem Mag, 7mm PRC, .280 varieties, .300 Win Mag)

On the same note. If anyone has a Winchester 101 Deluxe Maple O/U that they want to part ways with I would be very interested.
AirborneAggie
AG
Just wanted to make sure you got my last reply and my email so we can talk about your Sig 365. If you or anyone else is interested in selling, email me at: warpaint6151@gmail.com
AgGunNut
AG
SOLD
highvelocity
AG
I'll keep an eye out. I stay away from buying at stores
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
drummer0415
AG
drummer0415 said:

Found this while cleaning out some boxes, but I don't have an XDS any more.

Springfield XDS .45 7 round mag with two backstrap extensions.

$20 FtF, or $25 shipped.

Live in Katy, drive all over Houston for work.

Bump, I still have this. Willing to sell or trade for a P365 12 round or 17 round mag.
Mdub00
AG
Pre64 Winchester 94 for sale...

Cross post from classifieds

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3437318

CTGilley
AG
Both sold!

Cleaning need to move a few things to buy something else.

Savage 12FV 308 with magpul stock ~100 rounds. $600 w/o scope
And

Mossberg 500 with 18" & 28" barrel. Current has knock off law folder. $400

Aggieangler93
AG
I'd be willing to loan you the money and hold the guns. I was in a similar situation once. You can repay them back out when job starts? Email is my username at gmail.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
CTGilley
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I'd be willing to loan you the money and hold the guns. I was in a similar situation once. You can repay them back out when job starts? Email is my username at gmail.

Good bull!
birddog7000
AG

Any interest in a New Haven Classic Sporter .338 Win mag?
Hungry Ojos
Aggieangler93 said:

Was this reply/quote meant for me? Just want to make sure the right recipient reads it.
ghollow
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I did this for an employee years ago. I would loan him money for guns at pennies on the dollar. He eventually left our employment and never bought his guns back. A few years ago we hired his son. Great kid. Had several conversations with the father. Never once mentioned the guns.

I wound up with some really great firearms for cheap.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Aggie304
ghollow said:

Aggieangler93 said:

I did this for an employee years ago. I would loan him money for guns at pennies on the dollar. He eventually left our employment and never bought his guns back. A few years ago we hired his son. Great kid. Had several conversations with the father. Never once mentioned the guns.

I wound up with some really great firearms for cheap.

I don't think he was going to offer him "pennies on the dollar"

I'm surprised anyone would brag about taking advantage of someone that really needed money.
Gig em!
ghollow
AG
He set the terms, not me. I was just helping him out. He never returned to get the guns. When he left our employment, he was given a paycheck that would easily have paid me what he owed. He chose not too. I have a feeling his wife did not know about the guns and he did not want her to find out. Even years later, he did not want them. I did not take advantage of anyone.

You should keep your opinions to yourself when you don't know the facts. It will help keep you from looking ignorant.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Aggie304
ghollow said:

He set the terms, not me. I was just helping him out. He never returned to get the guns. When he left our employment, he was given a paycheck that would easily have paid me what he owed. He chose not too. I have a feeling his wife did not know about the guns and he did not want her to find out. Even years later, he did not want them. I did not take advantage of anyone.

You should keep your opinions to yourself when you don't know the facts. It will help keep you from looking ignorant.

I don't think anyone reading this will think I look ignorant, for being surprised that you're bragging about giving someone pennies on the dollar for their things when they needed money desperately.

Not even pawnshops give people pennies on the dollar

Gig em!
DatTallArchitect
AG
Aggie304 said:

ghollow said:

I don't think anyone reading this will think I look ignorant, for being surprised that you're bragging about giving someone pennies on the dollar for their things when they needed money desperately.

Pawn shops will gladly give pennies on the dollar. They'll also charge high interest rates. It also sounded like there was a good relationship with the family and he would have gladly given them back years later had they paid back the money
Jason_Roofer
birddog7000 said:

Any interest in a New Haven Classic Sporter .338 Win mag?
I would, but, I usually hunt whitetail and hogs under 200 yards....that round, in my uneducated opinion, is a bit much for my purposes. I don't know if you can load it down to suitable levels for whitetail.
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
agsalaska
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

Aggie304 said:

ghollow said:

Pawn shops will gladly give pennies on the dollar. They'll also charge high interest rates. It also sounded like there was a good relationship with the family and he would have gladly given them back years later had they paid back the money

I did it for 16 years. Helped out thousands of people all over the country. Nothing wrong with what he did.
TH36
I don't get the hate on the Pennie's on the dollar? Just means they were cheaper to buy back.
#1 Jaylen Henderson Fan
Aggieangler93 said:

I'm assuming this was meant for me. That's very generous of you. At this time I think it's best if I just part ways with them. They don't hold any sentimental value and eventually I'll be able to replace them.
ghollow
AG
My bad. I think I owe you an apology. After re-reading this, I did not make myself very clear. My employee was not in desperate need of money. He was not trying to feed his family or anything. He was using the money to fund other gun purchases that he did not want his wife to know about. He had every intention of buying back the guns that he let me hold as collateral on the money I was loaning him. For instance, he would borrow say $200 to complete the purchase of a new gun, scope or fishing equipment. As collateral he would give me a $600 or $700 rifle to hold until he paid me back. He never paid me back. I was not going to charge him interest. I was trying to do him a favor. We did this on 4 or 5 occasions.

Turns out he did this with several other people who worked for us as well. I was the only one of the group that he never paid back but I did get to keep the guns. Still have all of them.

One thing about this guy, he had pretty good taste in firearms.

Aggie304
ghollow said:

My bad. I think I owe you an apology. After re-reading this, I did not make myself very clear. My employee was not in desperate need of money. He was not trying to feed his family or anything. He was using the money to fund other gun purchases that he did not want his wife to know about. He had every intention of buying back the guns that he let me hold as collateral on the money I was loaning him. For instance, he would borrow say $200 to complete the purchase of a new gun, scope or fishing equipment. As collateral he would give me a $600 or $700 rifle to hold until he paid me back. He never paid me back. I was not going to charge him interest. I was trying to do him a favor. We did this on 4 or 5 occasions.

Turns out he did this with several other people who worked for us as well. I was the only one of the group that he never paid back but I did get to keep the guns. Still have all of them.

One thing about this guy, he had pretty good taste in firearms.

Please accept my apologies for misjudging you.
Gig em!
SGrem
I did similar. Guy in our Early Bronco club needed money to pay his mortgage or they were gonna take his house. He offered up a pile of guns for collateral. I called him and said keep your guns but what's the bank and account number. Then I paid his mortgage for three months.
Took him several years but he paid me back every cent. Sometimes would send $100 sometimes $1000 I didn't care if he paid me back or not. And I didn't want t to take his stuff. Was just the right thing to do for a good pal. And would do it again.

Then had another buddy needed a vehicle. I had one for sale for $8k. He said he could pay half and the other half when he got his tax return in 4 months. No problem here ya go. Then his tax return ended up being a tax bill. He said sorry here take my guns till I can pay you. I said no keep your stuff just start making payments. Took him about two years but he too paid every cent. Glad I could help him.
zooguy96
Ive done something similar. I've never had a ton of money, but bought a car for a friend once. Their car was a piece of junk; it was always breaking down. At the time, it was just the right thing to do for a friend. I didn't ever expect them to pay me back.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
JDGS612
I've got some guns I am looking to get rid of. I don't use them and I want to allocate the money to other guns I'll actually get some use out of. Located in BCS, occasionally make it to Houston, Austin and San Antonio.

Springfield XD 40 ($400)
Bought new, less than 50 rounds fired. Comes with 2 mags, original case and all the original accessories (mag holder, tactical holster, mag loading assist device). Have ammo (will add count tonight) that I'll include in the sale.

Walther PPK .380 ($500)
Bought used 10 years ago, I've fired it 10-15 times. Originally bought for my wife but she's not interested in carrying. I have big hands and it just doesn't fit me well. Three magazines, front pocket conceal carry holster, soft case and (will add count tonight) rounds of ammo included in sale.

Desert Eagle.44mag ($950)
Bought 10 years ago and fired 15-20 rounds through it. It really is fun to shoot but it hasn't left my safe if 3-4 years except to show to a buddy. Sale includes a DE hard case and ammunition (will add count tonight).

Springfield M1A Scout Squad Rifle .308
Burris 2-7X Scout Scope ($1800 w/scope)
Bought new in 2016, fired approximately 50 through it. Moved on to shooting my Grendel's instead mainly because I never got around to buying an adapter so I could suppress it. Sale includes (2) 5 round, (1) 10 round and (2) 20 round magazines. Really not interested in selling it without the scope. I also have 420 rounds of PMC Bronze 147gr ammo that I'll include for an additional $300.

DM or email me at larry lovett 15 (no spaces) at gmail if you're interested

JDGS612
Duplicate post deleted
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 156

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.