Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****Official gun trading thread*****

1,157,015 Views | 5611 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by cledus6150
ccard257
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dp
ccard257
AG
agsalaska said:

ccard257 said:

Looking for something in a light .280ai. Kimber Montana or similar.

That's the best needle in a haystack post we have seen in a while.
dsvogel05
AG
WTB a Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS in the Austin area. Willing to trade or sell my Glock 45 Gen 5 MOS.
agsalaska
AG
Ha. That's true.
Zaiquiri
AG
I'll drink coffee before I post next time.
javajaws
AG
highvelocity said:

anyone have sig virtus 11.5" 556 upper laying around? had a line on one and the dude went radio silent on me.
If your looking for new - https://www.rainierarms.com/sig-sauer-mcx-virtus-5-56-nato-complete-upper-11-5/
Morpholino
AG
tsuag10
AG
Looking for a 20 ga Remington 1100 Rem Choke barrel. Prefer at least a 24"
Thanks
RockwallAg
AG
Cross posted

FS: Safe Clean out (Uppers and Lowers) | TexAgs
highvelocity
AG
i ended up finding a barrel. just going to take my 300blk upper apart and install the 11.5" 556 barrel. i assume that stock handguard length is 11" ?
BenderRodriguez
AG
Do you have a Virtus or a Rattler upper?

Handguards are not interchangeable between the two
agsalaska
AG
So, I am just curious. And don't take this the wrong way as I am not trying to tell you what to do or not to do or questioning if it is right or wrong. I just see this occasionally, especially on this site.

But do people really agree to bill of sales and copies of IDs?

I have bought and sold a LOT of guns and have never done that. Never been asked to and never asked anyone else.

Now in all fairness most of what I am interested in are not the type of guns that end up at crime scenes and I stick to one or two websites. But I ran pawn shops for 16 years all over the country and have been through countless traces and never scene or heard of anyone having any issues after a private sale.
RockwallAg
AG
Yes they do.

I am happy to meet at an FFL and transfer if someone wants to pay the fees.

Just trying to covering my bases

cledus6150
AG
I dont sell unless the buyer fills out a BOS that has DL or LTC place for information to be filled in on. I don't require a copy or photo of DL.
grbgolf
AG
I have purchased from Rockwall Ag before, he was very easy to meet with and had paper work ready to go so the purchase was quick and easy. I understand not wanting paperwork, but I will say it doesn't make the transaction a hassle or time consuming if that is a concern.
AgEng06
AG
Are you open to shipping one of those uppers?
agsalaska
AG
No that's not the point. I don't even know what he is selling. That's not the reason for the question.

I am not trying to be critical. I am just trying to understand why someone would limit the amount of potential buyers by making such a request. I just looked at the first 20 or so posts on my favorite website to find these types of transactions and didn't see a similar request. I only see it here.

Rockwalls answer was 'to cover my bases.' Fair enough. Not sure what those bases are but fair enough.

javajaws
AG
agsalaska said:

No that's not the point. I don't even know what he is selling. That's not the reason for the question.

I am not trying to be critical. I am just trying to understand why someone would limit the amount of potential buyers by making such a request. I just looked at the first 20 or so posts on my favorite website to find these types of transactions and didn't see a similar request. I only see it here.

Rockwalls answer was 'to cover my bases.' Fair enough. Not sure what those bases are but fair enough.

If the weapon you sold is eventually used in a crime (either by that buyer or someone he sold it to in the future) it would be nice to have something to back up your innocence with when the feds knock down your door. Most conservative Aggies are...conservative...and like to be safe and "cover their bases".
agsalaska
AG
javajaws said:

agsalaska said:

If the weapon you sold is eventually used in a crime (either by that buyer or someone he sold it to in the future) it would be nice to have something to back up your innocence with when the feds knock down your door. Most conservative Aggies are...conservative...and like to be safe and "cover their bases".
OK. Last post on this slight derail.

If the bases are 'when the feds knock down your door' the chances of something like that happening are extremely remote. And the chances of you being found guilty of something are even more remote. Like more remote than getting struck by lightning. That was my point when I said I have been through countless ATF traces and never seen or heard of anyone anywhere in the country get in any kind of trouble for what is a legal transaction for the seller.

Again I was just trying to understand the reasoning behind several people limiting their buyer base. And I certainly am not trying to be critical, especially in this day and age. If thats what it takes for someone to be comfortable then by all means go for it.
AG
Allow me to interpret for my friend agsalaska.

F THE GOVERNMENT
KISS MY ASS
COME AND TAKE IT, *******S. TEXAS IS ABOUT 5 YEARS FROM BEING DONE WITH THE OTHER 49 ANYWAY.

I hope this explains it.
nealan
To get this back on track. I have a new, never fired PSA AR in .556 that is just taking up space in the safe. I need to make some room. It's sporting a Vortex Sparc with rubberized cover. Also brand new. Willing to sell or preferably trade (plus cash if needed) for a nice 1911 or a threaded barrel pistol to use as a suppressor host.

Eta: it has the mid-weight barrel, not pencil contour
Morpholino
AG
How much sir
nealan
$550
nealan
How would the feds know who originally owned the gun since they aren't registered? Serious question. Not trolling
javajaws
AG
nealan said:

How would the feds know who originally owned the gun since they aren't registered? Serious question. Not trolling

If they have the serial they can track it to the original ffl seller who should have the papers...unless they closed up shop and didn't keep the paperwork like they are supposed to. Really old stuff? No way they can track that stuff probably.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
They look at the manufacturer and serial number on the gun, then ask the manufacturer who they sent that gun to, then they ask the FFL who they sold that gun to, then go find that person and ask why the gun they bought was used in a crime and threaten to arrest you for that crime and shoot your dog unless you provide them another name and have some good solid proof that you sold the gun to someone else, and so on.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
nealan
That makes sense. Thank you
jeremy360
SOLD. Selling this Rolling Block .357 mag. Uberti known as the "Baby Rolling Block". Gun is small and fun to shoot but need funds for other purchases.

"The rolling block design is one of the strongest actions ever produced. Using modern metals and more precise manufacturing methods, Uberti is able to produce a rifle that's one-third of the original gun's size and weight, yet retains all the strength for use with today's modern ammo. The Baby Rolling Block Carbine has a 22" round, blued barrel, color case hardened receiver, and is fitted with a brass buttplate and trigger guard."

Located near College Station.

Thanks for looking.

-Jeremy

[url=https://ibb.co/0BPc5D7][/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/BfJSMGb][/url]
BrazosDog02
AG
agsalaska said:

So, I am just curious. And don't take this the wrong way as I am not trying to tell you what to do or not to do or questioning if it is right or wrong. I just see this occasionally, especially on this site.

But do people really agree to bill of sales and copies of IDs?

I usually don't do it buy will in the right circumstances. I buy with cash. I have met some sorta shady "dudes" in the Hempstead outlet mall parking lot and bought guns out of his trunk. They weren't wild or NFA items. One was a Winchester Model 70 for 300 dollars and he threw in a Marlin Glennfield 60 to go with it. If the prices are really good and he wants to meet in a parking lot...I'm bringing cash. I'm not giving or taking ID. I'm buying and GTFO. Buyer and seller beware.

I have bought guns from Ags here as well and never done the bill of sale thing. It's also cash. I do have a CHL though and usually have that or will show it if someone wants. I have no problem signing a bill of sale if that makes a seller comfortable.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Attempt number whatever to get thread back on track...

If anyone has a Beretta 70 or 71 in .22 or 32 acp, or a CZ 82/83 in .32 acp, I'm interested in it.
CactusThomas
AG
Are you interested in any trades? Have guns and bourbon.
jeremy360
Prefer cash, but open to trades on other guns but not many guns I really need other than a nice 50 cal muzzleloader or maybe something like a rossi circuit judge maybe.

Shoot me a message at jeremy86360 at my gmail.
f burg ag
AG
f burg ag said:

For sale: Kimber 84M Classic in 243 Winchester. Fired 25 times. Comes with 75 rounds and a Kimber sling (ammo and sling worth about $200). Houston or Hallettsville area. Asking $1200. Edit: sorry about the upside down pics.

Bump for price reduction.
aggieforester05
AG
javajaws said:

agsalaska said:

I had a gun I sold end up found in a raid of heroin house run by the blood gang in a state I've never been to. I had no idea until years later, the DAs office sent me a letter letting me know that I could claim my property at the courthouse on a certain date. I called them and they told me which gun it was. I told them that I had sold it to a friend, who had turned around and sold it to a coworker. They said since I sold it, I had no legal right to claim it, but didn't ask for any names or details. It was on the east coast, so no chance I would have traveled there to claim a crappy S&W Sigma .40 anyway.
agsalaska
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 161

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.