Outdoors
Sponsored by

Smoker Trailer build

2,964 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FIDO 96
BKS_Aggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This is my first time making a post so hopefully pic works. A former student and I were commissioned to build a replacement tailgating rig for Squadron 18, and I think it turned out awesome. Posting on here because smokers are outdoors, and I wanted to show it off.

64 square feet of cooking surface
Reverse flow
3'x4' Santa Maria grill
Not a Gator Pit
Buck Compton
AG
Looks good.

My only observation / advice would have been useful in the design phase if it'll be towed any serious distance... This trailer looks extremely heavy on the back end of the tandem axles there, even with them set so far back.

BKS_Aggie08
AG
The picture is deceiving. In the pic, it is hooked up to a F350 4x4 with no drop hitch. When attached with a drop hitch and sitting level, it pulls perfect. Has been pulled probably 750+ miles with zero issues.
Ol Jock 99
AG
That is a sexy beast. I'm a reverse flow guy and better back out of this thread before getting your contact info.
CashinOut
AG
You need me to show you how to use it for a year?
the pit man
That's a nice looking rig
BKS_Aggie08
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

That is a sexy beast. I'm a reverse flow guy and better back out of this thread before getting your contact info.

You know you want one!

CashinOut said:

You need me to show you how to use it for a year?

As long as you pay up front
AgsMnn
AG
First off that rig looks awesome.

Only question i have is, will the heat from the SM grill cause any issues with the frame warping?
BKS_Aggie08
AG
I don't think it will be a problem. Frame is 2" x 4" x 1/4" rectangular tubing and has a wrap-around tongue made of 4" Channel.
DeWrecking Crew
Looks pretty sweet...can you explain the compartments at the rear? Is the top the firebox?
BKS_Aggie08
AG
On the top at the back is a warming box with 3 sliding grates. It has dampers coming up from firebox on bottom and also from main cooking chamber plus air damper on the door to control temperatures. You can also use it as a smaller cooking chamber for smaller cooks.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Not enough pics
Gigemags05
AG
Looks outstanding.
BKS_Aggie08
AG
More pictures were added to post. Mostly from the build, as I forgot to take a lot of pics of the final product.
FIDO 96
AG
OB Skills......check

Redass Good Bull......check

Well done sir.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.