Outdoors
Sponsored by

Question about inline chlorinator

5,948 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Breggy Popup
yippee2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a bit off topic but I would appreciate your advice.

Spouse bought a big bonsai water slide and the water in the holding pool area gets algae. We leave it up all day and it's in partial sun.

Any suggestions on keeping it clean. There is no filter or anything. Can I put bleach or borax in it?

'03ag
Thought I'd update. I drained half the pool and my CYA levels were still 80. Still too high but low enough that I could reliably do a SLAM. Just finished the SLAM this morning. Crystal clear water. It's taken many more filter cleanings but most of my sediment is gone. still some stubborn stuff remaining.

Trouble Free Pool is the way to go. The pool store NEVER mentioned the relationship of CYA to free chlorine levels. Just told me to keep dumping their shock into the pool. Just cranking the CYA higher and higher even though they knew it was already too high.

Now that the algae is gone, and the water is manageable day to day, I will probably do another partial drain and try to get my CYA even lower.
Breggy Popup
AG
'03ag said:

Thought I'd update. I drained half the pool and my CYA levels were still 80. Still too high but low enough that I could reliably do a SLAM. Just finished the SLAM this morning. Crystal clear water. It's taken many more filter cleanings but most of my sediment is gone. still some stubborn stuff remaining.

Trouble Free Pool is the way to go. The pool store NEVER mentioned the relationship of CYA to free chlorine levels. Just told me to keep dumping their shock into the pool. Just cranking the CYA higher and higher even though they knew it was already too high.

Now that the algae is gone, and the water is manageable day to day, I will probably do another partial drain and try to get my CYA even lower.

Welcome to easier pool maintenance! Get your CYA down to between 30-50 and you'll be a happy camper (so will your pool!).

Pool stores are universally idiotic.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.