Outdoors
Sponsored by

Surefire light deal (6PX Pro)

11,805 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by raidernarizona
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agingcowboy said:

I wrote a strongly worded letter Not that I think they will care or that it will even find its way to someone who's care matters...but I feel better.
I wrote one too.

They've lost my business and I won't be recommending their products online or to any students.

jamaggie06
AG
I placed two orders with the code, though only one of them had the "super" deal applied. The less discounted order is still valid, but I got the same e-mail about the other order.

This just screams bad business. It has to be some employee/higher up trying to cover his ass. But, what if, instead of pissing off all the customers who thought they had orders placed a month out before Christmas who will now need new items within 10 days, they simply acknowledged their mistake and even turned it into a promotion? Be upfront. Be honest. And quite frankly, turn the "disaster" into free marketing drawing in new and more customers. Hell, even refernce it in a new promotion. Enter PromoCodee "Mishap" to get free shipping and 10% on all orders between XX/XX/XX and YY/YY/YYY!

0708aggie
AG
What happened with this? I ordered the original product and the mini lights but only got one email about the 6 being back ordered. Have seen no communication other that's the bs email mentioned above.
raidernarizona
My light should be here Friday. I called last Friday, they cancelled my other order and placed me a new order. It ended up costing me $2 or 3 more for the one light. $40.35 i think. The guy said they were working through these as quick as they could to correct the "promo code error. I agree, their lack of communication has been less than stellar.
AgGunNut
AG
Still haven't heard anything since their generic email went out.
Twelfthman99
AG
Anyone heard anything more? I'm still back ordered... if they screw this up, I'm switching to Fenix for good.
vpracer
AG
Cancelled my order too. I sent them a link to this post and said you guys are getting ripped over this. They don't give two s----ts. Sad customer service.
redass1876
AG
They cancelled my order as well. I could have lived with that but they took essentially 3 weeks to do so on something i was originally intending for a Xmas gift. Do they really want us to believe it took them 3 weeks to realize the mistake?

Ordered 11/28, back-ordered email 12/2, cancellation email 12/16. I will never purchase from them and will recommend to other to avoid them as well
jmazz
AG
I just got another email:

"During our Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions, we experienced significant issues with our order software that resulted in a delay or cancellation of orders. Our previous communication promised we would send instructions as to how you can purchase the 6PX Pro for $38, Sidekick for $39.95 or the FirePak with case for $99. These products are now available on our website at these prices. No other discounts will apply. We value our customers and apologize for any inconvenience we have caused."
agingcowboy
AG
Wasn't the original deal better than this? Seems like a bait and switch...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redass1876
AG
significantly better
jmazz
AG
My post on the day I ordered said 'a $95 flashlight to the door for $36.' So it was a better deal but the same light for $38 isn't all that different (tack on shipping, I guess). I think some guys got some add-ons for free or cheap too but I never got that. So this latest email maybe somewhat honors the original sale price for the flashlight. I don't know...I don't think my card ever got charged so it is what it is as this point.
redass1876
AG
jmazz said:

My post on the day I ordered said 'a $95 flashlight to the door for $36.' So it was a better deal but the same light for $38 isn't all that different (tack on shipping, I guess). I think some guys got some add-ons for free or cheap too but I never got that. So this latest email maybe somewhat honors the original sale price for the flashlight. I don't know...I don't think my card ever got charged so it is what it is as this point.
All i know is when i added 2 to my cart, it was $56 total so the new deal is ~33% more. Still appreciate you posting it though bud.
jmazz
AG
Yeah, I feel like on the day that deal was posted people were getting different deals...like it was a handful of dollars different for different people/orders. Anyway, original deal doesn't appear to have been honored...so there's that.
raidernarizona
Mine came in today. And a separate envelope with 5 or 6 Surefire stickers. Don't need those, but happy to have the light in hand.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.