Outdoors
Sponsored by

Surefire light deal (6PX Pro)

11,830 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by raidernarizona
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like the discount is $28.50 per flashlight, not $57 total....I guess they caught the error?
AgGunNut
AG
There were actually two discounts being applied. A Cyber Monday discount on certain products automatically, and the promo code given here. Only the promo code is still active.
agingcowboy
AG
Ordered several of these for Christmas presents. Got an email today that they're backordered. No indication of when they'll be back in stock or be shipped.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BenderRodriguez
AG
agingcowboy said:

Ordered several of these for Christmas presents. Got an email today that they're backordered. No indication of when they'll be back in stock or be shipped.

Was just coming to find this thread, got a backorder email as well.

Sorry if they wind up getting cancelled or take forever. Deal might have been too good to be true.
agingcowboy
AG
They'll turn up eventually. Though I might have to think up more stuff for Christmas gifts....thought I was done
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
spud1910
AG
Yep, I got the backorder email as well.
jmazz
AG
I ordered one but haven't gotten the 'backordered' email yet...
agfan2013
AG
backorder email here as well. Will see but if it turns into an early stages of RTIC type wait (3-5 months), I might cancel with them.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Backordered.
jag1075
AG
Looks like it may have been too good to be true.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Deal-Alert-Surefire-6PX-Pro-38/5-2055659/?page=13

Quote:

CLARIFICATION ON SUREFIRE 6PX PRO DEAL

I just got off the phone with Surefire customer service. They are not honoring the "ALLTHELUMENS" discount code that their site was allowing us to apply in addition to the $38 6PX Pro deal.

So what its gonna come down to is your can pay $38 + your local sales tax (free shipping) for 1 light. Ex: local sales tax here is 7% so my 6PX will be $40.66 delivered.

I also believe that if you ordered multiple lights you can still just pay the sales tax on those multiple lights and I'm sure, up to a reasonable quantity, they will still honor the free shipping.

They said they are contacting people customer by customer as they review the orders. The lights are in stock and will ship after they get an answer as to how you want to proceed. They said my light will likely ship tomorrow or Thursday.

I had ordered 2 lights for ~$58. I opted to just receive 1 for ~$40 instead of 2 for ~$81.
AgGunNut
AG
That's poor of them. The lights are cheap to make and all profit. A couple years ago they slipped up and for a few hours all products were 50% off one day instead of just the close out products the promo was intended for. They honored their mistake.
whitespikes06
AG
I called about my order today. I also had received an email about my two lights being backordered. However, the gentleman today said they were in stock and ready to ship. They authorized my CC and the lights were shipped today. They honored the sale price for me. Two lights for ~$57
jag1075
AG
Good to hear. Hopefully they come through.
AgGunNut
AG
Just got my email that they will not honor the pricing for my order of two lights.
jmazz
AG
Here's what I just got too:

BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY

DURING OUR BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY PROMOTIONS, YOUR ORDER WAS PLACED WITH INCORRECT PRICING. YOUR ORDER WILL NEED TO BE REORDERED AND REPROCESSED. WE WILL FOLLOW UP SOON WITH INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO PLACE A NEW ORDER. PLACE A NEW ORDER.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
agingcowboy
AG
Same here. Kinda lame imo. Their mistake. They should honor it.
Texas Tea
AG
agingcowboy said:

Same here. Kinda lame imo. Their mistake. They should honor it.
+1
clintaggie04
AG
I got it too and just called them. Basically, all orders are cancelled. You can either pay them the new price of ~$40 per light or just have your order cancelled. I was a real jerk for a few minutes on the phone and then realized I was being a jerk to some poor kid who just answers the phone. He even admitted he didn't agree with the decision, but it wasn't his decision to make. I ended up giving them my card info again and paying the $80 something for two lights. They did guarantee they will ship tomorrow and overnighted them for free (which probably cost more than the $20 they are upping the price).
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Just got the same email... Debating on whether it is worth spending some time tomorrow writing a strongly worded email about haw they should get their **** together and that I will no longer be purchasing surefire products in the future.
whitespikes06
AG
Sorry guys... I must have gotten the new guy when I called in and posted the other day. My two lights arrived today for a total of $53.20 plus tax. I too just got the email about the reordering because of incorrect pricing. Maybe I was just lucky....
BenderRodriguez
AG
Well, sorry for posting a crappy deal y'all.

Silly me, thinking surefire was the kind of company that would know how to run a website and not cancel orders when they screw up.

They could probably get away with crap like this when surefire was the only quality weapons light company in the game. I'm going to be very hesitant to use or recommend them after this, despite their quality. Terrible customer service on this one.
Hoss
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Well, sorry for posting a crappy deal y'all.

Silly me, thinking surefire was the kind of company that would know how to run a website and not cancel orders when they screw up.

They could probably get away with crap like this when surefire was the only quality weapons light company in the game. I'm going to be very hesitant to use or recommend them after this, despite their quality. Terrible customer service on this one.

All the more reason to use Streamlight in my opinion. Great lights and more reasonably priced than Surefire. I have 3 or 4 ProTac 2L's just because they're super bright, fit in my pocket and are only $42 or so. I still have some old Surefire lights I bought back in the day, but I switched to Streamlight several years ago and haven't looked back.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Yeah, TLRs have been great WMLs for me. Now I have zero reason to ever switch to surefire.
clintaggie04
AG
No need to apologize. Still a good deal at two lights for $88.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Also got the email that they're not honoring the deal. Not doing business with them again.
jag1075
AG
Still haven't gotten the email. Let's see how it goes.
CS78
Screw them and their 123 batteries they rode in on!
Ol Whats his Face
AG
I just got the email saying they won't honor their price. Oh well there loss, I'm an LEO and I will not ever recommend them to other Officers after this.
AgGunNut
AG
Ditto
FIDO*98*
AG
They just lost my business right as I was about to order lights for my Glock and AR. The fact they sent out 'backordered' emails even though you could see inventory at regular price along with the fact that it's clear from the forums I visit that many people did get their lights makes shows what kind of company they are. They will not get a dime from me ever again. Great decision to piss off your customer base as more and more competition jumps in the market
agfan2013
AG
Well, I won't be reordering. I'm not too torn up about it as since they were so crazy cheap I was getting one for myself and one to throw in as an extra Christmas present for someone. But as it has already been said pretty bad customer service, just eat the loss (if they are even taking one with the lower price, they might still be above cost for surefire) and you'd keep a lot more satisfied customers who'd likely buy more from you in the future.
BlueSmoke
Been traveling for work. Just saw this. Well G damn....I'm done with them. Too many strong market competitors for them to pull this garbage
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Ol Whats his Face
AG
I will be all streamlight from here on out
agingcowboy
AG
I wrote a strongly worded letter Not that I think they will care or that it will even find its way to someone who's care matters...but I feel better.
BurrOak
AG
Well hell, I ordered one too and just got the email that they wont honor the discount. I don't own a Surefire, and now I guess it's gonna stay that way.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.