Outdoors
Sponsored by

Since we already did bug a salts....

8,067 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
SWCBonfire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Blank, Texas Flag, and Gonzalez Flag

Boo this man!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
SWCBonfire said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Blank, Texas Flag, and Gonzalez Flag

Boo this man!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I fixed it before you replied!
metrag06
AG
Bradley.Kohr.II said:

So I suppose it depends if the reactions need time to gently occur, or if they need interaction with the wood.

SWCBonfire
AG
No worries. Our cheerleaders always spelled it Gon-zal-les anyway.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Quote:

This is still up in the air right this second, got the process started last week but still haven't heard back final pricing/timeframes so I'll bug them again monday and hopefully get info. If not, it won't be on my mind at all until I get the costas out the door then I'll pick it back up.
DuckDown2013
AG
I may be in depending on price!
- will shipping be available for out of towners?
abileneag09
AG
Also interested in a 2L if you can ship to Colorado.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Ok, got everything finalized on this! This will be a GO! I also think you'll be pretty happy with the pricing structure... and... more importantly... unless you're picking up in store... they'll be drop shipping directly from DSB to you.

They are looking at 4 weeks for delivery right now so as soon as I get the Costas out the door today/tomorrow/thurs we'll start taking orders. I'd say cutoff to make sure we get everything delivered by Christmas will be Nov 10th. Because of how things are going to be rolling on this order, we'll have to do a call in. Just checked everything out with ordering a barrel and the shipping price to the store is like $19. We'll do flat rate through texas for $16.95. Outside of TX, it won't change much but it may be a bit more.

The cool part is that I can do orders one at a time for drop shipping. Also, I can be a little more liberal on the kind of engraving done. Originally, I was expecting to just offer a couple styles but with this, we can do a little more in regards to adding names and such. Custom art won't be doable but anything they already have uploaded at DSB will be good to go.

Example pricing:

2L engraved from DSB runs $81.95. Shipping to the store was $18.90ish. Our price on the engraved one will be $60 plus shipping of $16.95 so about $77 plus tax vs $100 plus tax. Still working out pricing on the rest of them and there will be discounts on all other products, but the barrels have by far the best. They come with a wooden base but if you want the metal shot glass base it's $40 instead of $50.
AggieChemist
AG
Let us know when we can call in to order.
txag2008
AG
Nice to hear.

Will the engravings be custom or based upon a few different logos/designs?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Trying to do full custom.... I'm not ready to take that on yet. On these group buys, I'm being very picky on how much to offer to make sure we don't have any major screw ups. After christmas, I'm sure we can do it. Beforehand, we'll basically do whatever they have already on hand, which I'll post up with the official thread.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Oh, and I'm not happy with their Texas flag and Gonzales flag, so those two will be ones we supply the engraving on.
Thisguy1
So when you say we can use any one they've used before, are those the ones you can find when you're designing one on the website? For example, I found this one and figured some other OBers would like it:

Thisguy1
Are we good to go on these or what's the story?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Yep, posting up info on Tues!
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I'll try to dig mine up. I have it somewhere
RCR06
AG
did I miss this? Haven't seen it posted yet.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
RCR06 said:

did I miss this? Haven't seen it posted yet.
Been working on the artwork and the pricing. Posting up shortly! We are technically good to go and already sold a few so you can start calling in.
MROD92
So is tomorrow still the cutoff to insure Christmas delivery??
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
MROD92 said:

Lead time is 4-5 weeks so everything ordered by next fri should make it no problem.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

MROD92 said:

Lead time is 4-5 weeks so everything ordered by next fri should make it no problem.
Also, these are being drop shipped directly from DSB, so we won't be really seeing them here in store at all unless you choose instore pickup.
MROD92
62strat
AG
Do you know if these can hold any pressure at all?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
In what manner? I wouldn't expect so because they use the steel bands to hold the slats together with just the expansion of the wood being wet to keep that pressure going. So, when you first fill them, you have to fill them with water and let the wood expand first.

If you let them dry out, you have to fill with water again to let them expand.
62strat
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

In what manner? I wouldn't expect so because they use the steel bands to hold the slats together with just the expansion of the wood being wet to keep that pressure going. So, when you first fill them, you have to fill them with water and let the wood expand first.

Curious I filled it with beer, and that beer still fermented a bit, which creates co2 and would increase the pressure inside the barrel. Or if I just wanted to carbonate it a bit, say to 4-5 psi.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
62strat said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Curious I filled it with beer, and that beer still fermented a bit, which creates co2 and would increase the pressure inside the barrel. Or if I just wanted to carbonate it a bit, say to 4-5 psi.

I don't know, at all.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Still taking orders? Forgot to call in last week.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Still taking orders? Forgot to call in last week.

Yep, those placed by monday will get in before christmas... that being said, I'm leaving wed and will be gone through monday so I guess wed at about 3 PM will have to be the cutoff
CharlieBrown17
AG
Sounds good. I assume you'll be in the store this afternoon?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Not quite sure yet, we're closed today but we will definitely be there tomorrow and wed. I have other projects I'm having to do today
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.