Outdoors
Sponsored by

Breakfast tacos

14,131 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieChemist
RickSawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My first job out of A&M Galveston was a pretty crappy job by all logical measures but I loved it. I worked alongside 90% Mexican and El Salvadorean immigrants. One gentleman, Gilberto had a wonderful wife that woke up early every morning, made tortillas and then tacos for us for breakfast. Generally it didn't have eggs, usually just meat but meat was always incredible and the tortilla was perfect. She would make me two and give me a handful of chile pequins wrapped up in a paper towel. It was the best way to start the day. I was working so damn hard there fixing shipping containers and chassis trailers that I could eat those daily and would lose weight if I didn't. I miss those guys.

Oh, and... I still love bronco burrito and the half plate size monster from La Estacion in Galveston.
RM1993
AG
Lingua or GTFO.
Bigballin
AG
Any taco made by tacqueria chihuahua in giddings
MookieBlaylock
AG
Papa_Blaze said:

Bean, Cheese, Brisket with hot sauce. It's my Bill Miller special

Potatoe egg and brisket from the bill meelers is superb as well
GinaLinetti
AG
Bean cheese and chorizo. <3
Goodest Poster
AG
Bacon, potato, egg, cheese, refried beans on flour. X2 with chile arbol salsa if avail.

Carne guisada, cheese, flour.
Beckdiesel03
AG
After a stomach bug in my early 20's after eating bacon egg and cheese tacos I have a hard time with egg taco anything. I will do egg with my Hannah's taco now but that is seldom. Bean cheese and bacon is my go to. The brisket bean and cheese is also tempting. Fajita and guacamole is another.
ursusguy
AG
Pretty much anywhere along Jefferson near the Dallas Zoo. Fond of El Pueblo. I mix and match quite a bit. Followed by any non major chain gas station in Grand Prairie.
ellebee
Bobcat-Ag said:

Scrambled eggs, grilled sirloin, jack cheese on a flour tortilla. This is my favorite from Tacodeli!

I had a sirloin, potato and cheese from there once and it was fantastic. Oh and thanks for offering to bring these tomorrow.
normaleagle05
AG
ursusguy said:

Pretty much anywhere along Jefferson near the Dallas Zoo. Fond of El Pueblo. I mix and match quite a bit. Followed by any non major chain gas station in Grand Prairie.

Ursus, who's the best in Garland, if you venture this far north. I've been back here 18 months now since I left when I was 18 months old. There's SO. MANY. OPTIONS.
ursusguy
AG
I don't get over that way all that often.
normaleagle05
AG
Trial and error it is then. I've ID'd a bunch of good options later in the day but not for breakfast.

Should prove interesting.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
SunrayAg said:

LoudestWHOOP! said:

Low carb diet means my burrito looks like this

Eggs, Bacon or Sausage, with cheddar cheese and Red Salsa. Chorizo when the others aren't available.
All from my Stripes convenience store.

There are some really good... well decent at least... low carb tortillas made by Mission with only 4 grams of net carbs per tortilla.
I will look into those, but I have gotten to where I don't miss the tortilla nearly as much.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I worked on Jefferson for a year and never had a good taco compared to my experience in SA/NB. I was never so glad to leave that place. And we travelled all around that area. This was 2009ish though
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
Mollejas
Aggieangler93
AG
I'm partial to the brisket, egg, potatoe, cheese.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
RM1993
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

I'm partial to the brisket, egg, potatoe, cheese.
Old Town Ag
AG
Secret Ingredient: Diced Onion

Cook your Sausage, Bacon etc... then add diced onions and saute until clear. Then mix in your eggs and cook till done.
TThom
RickSawyer said:

My first job out of A&M Galveston was a pretty crappy job by all logical measures but I loved it. I worked alongside 90% Mexican and El Salvadorean immigrants. One gentleman, Gilberto had a wonderful wife that woke up early every morning, made tortillas and then tacos for us for breakfast. Generally it didn't have eggs, usually just meat but meat was always incredible and the tortilla was perfect. She would make me two and give me a handful of chile pequins wrapped up in a paper towel. It was the best way to start the day. I was working so damn hard there fixing shipping containers and chassis trailers that I could eat those daily and would lose weight if I didn't. I miss those guys.

Oh, and... I still love bronco burrito and the half plate size monster from La Estacion in Galveston.

Mmmmm....La Estacion suprisa!
Allen76
AG
The TexAgs San Antonio Board has the world champion breakfast taco thread..... 43 pages and 1.5K Views.

But it's mostly just entertainment for the San Antonio board folks, not that enlightening outside of SA.

Just another Cliff Claven factoid.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Machacado ala Mexicana.

Everything else starts at second place.
Allen76
AG
will.mcg said:

A taqueria in town that only accepts cash has one called "El Suicide". It is flour, eggs, sausage, bacon, chorizo, cheese, refried beans, & potato.
A cafe in Castroville has the "Bruce" similar to the above. They are great in the morning but guaranteed heartburn if you eat them for supper. It even has a couple of small pieces of weiner in there.

They also have the "Fred" which is similar but with no onions.

It's a good taco place, but it does sound a little funny to order a "Bruce".
West Texan
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

OutdoorsAg_10 said:

Secolobo said:

North of 290 they call them breakfast burritos.

When I hear someone say that it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Same here, bugs the hell out of me when people call tacos burritos.

1. I never have understood why some people get so upset about this.
2. Where I'm from, it's rolled like a burrito, therefore it's a breakfast burrito. So calling it a breakfast taco would be incorrect.

Either way, my favorite is chorizo, potato, egg, and cheese.
schmellba99
AG
Gota De Limon said:

Machacado ala Mexicana.

Negative. Mendoza's in Clute. Anything else is a pretender.
schmellba99
AG
Blasphemey! A good fresh warm tortilla that is not doughey and thick is glorious. I can eat them by themselves amd be happy.
gillom
AG
Almost forgot about Josies in Port O'Connor.

Bacon, Egg, potato, cheese

Bacon, bean, egg, cheese
Agmechanic
AG
The answer is anything with refried beans. Beans make the taco
91AggieLawyer
AG
Is there a place in BCS known for breakfast tacos? Was down there for something in 2006/7 and they had a ice chest full of them delivered. Someone mentioned the name but I can't for the life of me remember it. I'm sure several places sell them but wondering if anyone knows of the ones that would deliver 100+.
schmellba99
AG
Agmechanic said:

The answer is anything with refried beans. Beans make the taco

Negative. The tortilla makes,or breaks a breakfast taco. Beans are an abomination anyway.
Eliminatus
AG
West Texan said:

Cstrickland05 said:

OutdoorsAg_10 said:

Secolobo said:

North of 290 they call them breakfast burritos.

When I hear someone say that it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Same here, bugs the hell out of me when people call tacos burritos.

1. I never have understood why some people get so upset about this.
2. Where I'm from, it's rolled like a burrito, therefore it's a breakfast burrito. So calling it a breakfast taco would be incorrect.

Either way, my favorite is chorizo, potato, egg, and cheese.
Exactly. Gonna take a wild guess and say you are from west Texas, as I am. I never heard them called tacos until I got to BCS. Really weird at first.

I still call them burritos from time to time out of spite.
Potcake
AG
Had one of my favorite breakfast burritos ever this morning at La Cocina de Consuelo on Burnet Rd.
Egg, black beans, and avocado. Awesome flour tortilla and great salsa too.
agsalaska
AG
My go to from some random place is probably bacon egg and cheese, maybe with potatoes and or hot sauce. But that's from the corner store or fast food joint or whatever.

From the good places I can go a lot of different ways. I like both kinds of tortillas, I like all the meats. I like eggs. I like potatoes. I like Cilantro, onions, jalapenos, green sauce, red sauce, queso, pico, several kinds of cheeses, etc.

Its all good.
NRH ag 10
AG
Meat (preferably something that died by my hand)
Eggs (scrambled, slightly runny)
Tortilla (preferably flour, but who gives a ****)
Cheese if you have it.

Then go forth and conquer.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
schmellba99 said:

Gota De Limon said:

Machacado ala Mexicana.

Negative. Mendoza's in Clute. Anything else is a pretender.

You know how you got a reputation for arguing about anything on this board? This is a perfect example. Let me know when you figure it out.
agsalaska
AG
And for me there is a difference between a breakfast taco and a breakfast burrito. A breakfast burrito is just a really big breakfast taco.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.