Outdoors
Sponsored by

Blanton's Bourbon in Houston?

33,130 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DifferenceMaker Ag
Bazooka Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been looking for a bottle of George T Stagg for a few years with no luck. And if you stumble across George T Stagg Jr, they're worlds apart. Belle Meade Single Barrel is my new standard.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm a huge fan of the ranger creek small batch if you can't find Blantons
agcrock2005
AG
I just got really lucky in D/FW after a couple months of looking. Stopped into Goody Goody LIquor in Colleyville and asked if they had any and the guy said they just got a shipment in. Lady said no they didn't and looked a little flustered like they were hiding it. He went to the back and came out with one bottle and said I was lucky because it was the only bottle they sent them.

I'm pretty sure they are bluffing and they have a whole shipment but don't want the word to get out. D/FW folks might want to give them a call and see. Hopefully docs will let me drink again soon!
aggielostinETX
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I just got really lucky in D/FW after a couple months of looking. Stopped into Goody Goody LIquor in Colleyville and asked if they had any and the guy said they just got a shipment in. Lady said no they didn't and looked a little flustered like they were hiding it. He went to the back and came out with one bottle and said I was lucky because it was the only bottle they sent them.

I'm pretty sure they are bluffing and they have a whole shipment but don't want the word to get out. D/FW folks might want to give them a call and see. Hopefully docs will let me drink again soon!
A lot of these stores are holding Blanton's for their "regulars".

After killing a bottle last night, I need to go find a replacement.
aggielostinETX
AG
Just called 15 stores. I found 1 bottle for $89 and 3 bottles for $79...
agcrock2005
AG
Damn. I even asked the guy if he was going to rip me off because of the demand and he said he easily could because "you and 5 million other people want this bottle right now" but they charged me $59.99 for it.
Betoisafurry
texican08 said:

CRG,

I saw some at Village Liquor on Gessner/Kempwood on Thursday. They had several bottles so I'm sure it's still in stock there.
this, it was marked up to $75 or $80 a bottle but I bought 2 anyways. call me a sucker,but I don't mind paying a extra to a mom and pop place.
aggielostinETX
AG
I am heading to NYC Thr-Fri.

called three shops in Lower Manhattan. 1 had a bottle for $100. 2 others only get bottles every 3 months.
Texmid
AG
My in-laws own a bar in Smithville. We currently have 10 bottles of Blanton's. Every time we place an order for liquor we ask if they have any in stock. So, come to The Front Room Wine Bar in Smithville and drink all the Blanton's you want.
Wheatables02
AG
Just buy a bottle of Abraham Bowman single barrel. Same mashbill, same distiller, maybe a bit younger, bottle isn't as cool, but you won't hunt for it.
agcrock2005
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Just buy a bottle of Abraham Bowman single barrel. Same mashbill, same distiller, maybe a bit younger, bottle isn't as cool, but you won't hunt for it.
Pretty sure that's not made by Buffalo Trace.

EDIT: WTF is it? I googled and all I saw was a bottle from 1994 that was $150. Nm, found it. It's made by the company that owns Buffalo Trace now but I believe it's still made in Virginia.
aggielostinETX
AG
Anyone want one for $79 plus tax and shipping from dallas?
Wheatables02
AG
distilled at Buffalo Trace. Moved to Virginia and barreled.
agcrock2005
AG
Not what it says online. Would be odd if Abraham Bowman Distillery didn't actually distill their namesake whiskey.
Wheatables02
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Not what it says online. Would be odd if Abraham Bowman Distillery didn't actually distill their namesake whiskey.
Sazerac Co. owns Buffalo Trace. Here is a link to Buffalo Trace's products -

http://www.sazerac.com/BrandPortfolio.aspx?parent=JB99&PCID=7&FID=16&NBid=1
agcrock2005
AG
Here is Buffalo Trace's products...not Sazeracs.

http://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/buffalo-trace
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Wait, wait, wait . . . when did Blanton's become so hard to find?! I have at least two bottles of the regular (and a bottle of SFTB I bought for $45 in Tokyo) on my shelf. Do I need to start hording it like it's Pappy or something?! I think of it as good bourbon, but everyday. Not some kind of special occasion only miracle juice.
aggielostinETX
AG
SFTB is running $100-150 overseas.

Blanton's is not impossible to find but hard.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Deats said:

SFTB is running $100-150 overseas.

Blanton's is not impossible to find but hard.
Yeah, that's why when I found it for $45 in a small shop in Tokyo I jumped all over it. This little shop had several hard-to-find bourbons (no Pappy - the clerk said they usually had some but a tourist recently bought them out) and the prices were crazy low. Since I was really looking for a bottle of Hibicki 17, I didn't allow myself to buy more bottles.

Does anyone know WHY Blanton's is becoming so hard to get? It's really great, but I can't imagine it turning up short all of a sudden when it's been on shelves for a long, long time.
aggielostinETX
AG
The popularity of bourbon and from what I get, they aren't ramping up production.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Does anyone know WHY Blanton's is becoming so hard to get?
Demand in Japan for KY bourbon is apparently incredibly high right now, and that coupled with the increased demand over here now is making supply very low.
aggielostinETX
AG
They are owned by Sazerac, out of New Orleans, not a Japanese company.
agcrock2005
AG
Deats said:

They are owned by Sazerac, out of New Orleans, not a Japanese company.
You are correct. I was just coming back to change my post. Thanks for correcting.
powerbelly
AG
Deats said:

The popularity of bourbon and from what I get, they aren't ramping up production.
It also takes time for supply to meet demand in bourbon due to the aging process.
aggielostinETX
AG
And not correcting you in the "you****ingidiottrollblahdumbass"
NColoradoAG
This stuff seems to sit around town here. Runs about $75 a bottle. Willing to ship if anyone is desperate.
Trinity Ag
S
Was in Kentucky most of the summer -- and pretty much everything by Buffalo Trace (except Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and the bottom shelters) is hard to find.

Even run-of-the-mill WL Weller is routinely sold out, with "one bottle per customer" limits.

The wheated mash bill bourbons like Weller are particularly sought after because it is now considered to be baby Pappy.
Goodest Poster
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

thanks. i have really slowed down on my drinking.

Says every alcoholic
Anm827
Anm827
Deats said:

Anyone want one for $79 plus tax and shipping from dallas?
Do you still have a bottle available?
Build It
AG
Almost all of Blantons production goes to bars and restaraunts now. Need to befriend your local guy who might get 5 bottles every six months.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Bourbon shortages, other than Pappy, seem to be unique to Texas. On the way home from Sandpoint, ID, every Bourbon I can't find in Texas is easily found here. Not just 3 or 4 bottles but a case or two. I was telling the local liquor store guy about our Texas issues and he just could not believe it.

I paid $59.99 for Blanton's here.
DifferenceMaker Ag
I blame it on Louisiana.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.