Outdoors
Sponsored by

Blanton's Bourbon in Houston?

32,888 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DifferenceMaker Ag
RebelE Infantry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know a local liquor store that has Blanton's in the Houston area? Looking to get my buddy a bottle for his birthday. Alternatively if anyone has an unopened bottle I'm willing to pay a small premium for it, or maybe even a doe hunt at my place this fall.

Thanks OB.
AG Custom
AG
Good luck. Unless you get lucky at a small shop you won't find it. I had to go to masterofmalt dot com in order to get a supply of it. You will pay more but you can actually get it.

SA_Ag93
AG
They had it at COSTCO in SA....you may want to check there in Htown
Jrod05
AG
Goto the food and spirits forum on here and there is a bourbon thread they post where it pops up and maybe you can find it from someone there. It isn't too hard to find you just have to keep looking. I've gotten most of mine at Costco or smaller liquor stores
GE
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Does anyone know a local liquor store that has Blanton's in the Houston area? Looking to get my buddy a bottle for his birthday. Alternatively if anyone has an unopened bottle I'm willing to pay a small premium for it, or maybe even a doe hunt at my place this fall.

Thanks OB.
At Specs in midtown they will put you on a list and you can get some after several months.

Like others have said you're much more likely to find it at mom and pop stores than any of the big ones.
MasterAggie
AG
Quote:

Good luck. Unless you get lucky at a small shop you won't find it. I had to go to masterofmalt dot com in order to get a supply of it. You will pay more but you can actually get it.
Seriously? I can walk into Spec's and get it any day. Just ask the manager. Most have just stopped putting it on the shelf allegedly.
AggieGunslinger
AG
My local places it have in the back, have to ask for it.
highvelocity
AG
i've got about 3/4 of a bottle left. make me an offer
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
tk127ag
AG
If Costco has had it in the past you can get them to reorder it for you. They said once it's in the system then they can reorder. I talked to them about yellow spot at the sugar land store
Presley OBannons Sword
I randomly found a bottle in the little liquor store Spanky's on port aransas once
RCR06
AG
I didn't realize it had become that difficult to find. I have half a bottle I bought a few years ago. When I bought it, i had seen it several places I thought.
AggieGunslinger
AG
It is the next Pappys
agcrock2005
AG
RCR06 said:

I didn't realize it had become that difficult to find. I have half a bottle I bought a few years ago. When I bought it, i had seen it several places I thought.
Went on a tour recently of the Buffalo Trace distillery and they were saying that the demand for bourbon is through the roof because of the Japanese. Suntory, a Japanese company, has been buying up distilleries (they now own Makers Mark, Jim Beam, Basil Haydens, Knob Creek to name a few) as well. I didn't know the Japanese loved whiskey so much but apparently they do. Hopefully this is a short-term rage for bourbon because I like being able to find the good stuff when I go to the store!
Blahhead
There was a time I could easily grab Blantons, Black Maple Hill and Noah's Mill, but not anymore. At least Knob Creek and Maker's is still easily had. Could there ever come a day when those two become scarce?
LRHF
AG
I find in duty free when traveling and small shops. Billings, MT shops have lots!
schmellba99
AG
Shoot me an email - schmellba at yahoo.com
rilloaggie
AG
LRHF said:

I find in duty free when traveling and small shops. Billings, MT shops have lots!
Ditto. Picked up two bottles in the duty free shop in Belize.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Sent
Duncan Idaho
when did blantons become hard to find? I haven't had to buy any recently, but It wasn't hard to find?
TRD-Ferguson
AG
It became scarce in Austin about 3 years ago. There are some small stores where I've found it but some of those will put you on a list today. I was visiting family in Sandpoint, ID last fall and the liquor stores there had plenty.
Duncan Idaho
thanks. i have really slowed down on my drinking, so it is only if i am traveling or out for a nice dinner. I guess I won't ever finish my collection of horses.
Signel
AG
After it was all over a few big TV shows as the drink of choice(house of cards maybe??) Also, the Japanese have a thing for it and the bulk of it gets shipped out now days.

Eagle Rare is also falling to the same demand issues. Hell, most of the buffalo trace line is becoming harder to find regardless of the mashbill.
schmellba99
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

when did blantons become hard to find? I haven't had to buy any recently, but It wasn't hard to find?

Just about ALL bourbons are hard to find that are mid shelf or higher. Fuggin sucks, but it's the game right now and appears that there is no real end in sight for it either.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I blame Justified for it sudden popularity.
RebelE Infantry
AG
That what turned me onto it. Wasn't hard to get back then...
schmellba99
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

I blame Justified for it sudden popularity.
Mad Men also boosted the popularity.

But in all reality, bourbon has been gaining steam for 10 years now. Just hit critical mass over the last 3 or 4 years. I got tired of chasing stuff so I enjoy what I can, snag what I can when it's on the shelf and smile while I'm doing it.
wareagle044
Ive got two bottles but My rule is that I can only open one if I duplicate the letter on the cap. I don't know why, that's just how I enjoy doing it. I travel a lot for work and check everywhere I go. College towns are the best places or even some beach towns to find it.

If I find a bar that sells it, my goal is usually to keep the cap if they allow when I finish the bottle. I've done that in NYC, Baton Rouge, El Paso and Auburn all on work trips.

A lot of times, it's just luck of the draw.

There is a lot of comparable stuff out there that's relatively easy to find. If I can't find Blantons the Makers 46 is next on the list, then probably some form of Bulleit bourbon. Every now and then I'll check out something random.

Blantons is really the only thing that I seek and it's mainly for the novelty of collecting the caps. They got in with the decor of my house if that's not the sissies thing I've ever posted on here..
El Texicano
Lucky's Liquor- Beaumont. On 105 next to the Market Basket. Always had it when I was drinking Blanton's. The owner would call me when he would get a new shipment in. I collected all the bottle stoppers quickly and easily.
I travel that route between Beaumont and Houston every other week. He usually has several bottles.
WildcatAg
AG
I never have a problem finding it.
green7
Tried the costcos in San Antonio and the other major liquor stores with no luck. Anyone know anywhere in San Antonio or Houston that has some in stock?
AggieGunslinger
AG
Blow it out your...

Your the reason I started drinking it.
texican08
AG
CRG,

I saw some at Village Liquor on Gessner/Kempwood on Thursday. They had several bottles so I'm sure it's still in stock there.
green7
Thanks will have to check that out Monday.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Check for it on this site.

http://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bourbon/small-batch-bourbon/c/000866
DDSO
AG
Anyone know where I can find some Elmer T. Lee?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.