Outdoors
Sponsored by

Parking Disputes are outdoors!

6,620 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aTm2004
rilloaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long story short a jackwagon screamed at my wife, myself, and a married couple we are friends with for blocking him in to a spot as we were moving a suitcase from one car to another.

I've tried to step back and be really objective on the situation but the more I think the madder I get. The friends car hadn't been there for more than a minute, period. The tattood, Manti Te'o looking buffoon decided the best course of action was to get out of his car and start screaming at my wife and telling my friends wife to "move her f$%ing car". I sincerely apologized and tried to diffuse the situation, as did my other friend that was there. Meathead's response was to step further out of his car and puff his chest out, bow arms, posture like he wanted to fight, all that. We moved the car and let the jackass be one his way. I assumed he was there picking someone up who lives at our apartment because he was in a handicapped spot but lo and behold the car is back in the spot this morning, complete with a handicap hang tag. My thinking is that someone who is handicappped probably shouldn't be able to flex his muscles and try to fight people over needing to get out of a parking spot 45 seconds slower than he wants to. What should I do OB? Report the guy to the DMV? Keep my distance? Shoot his nuts off? Crap on the hood of the car?
aTm2004
AG
The right course of action would have been to move up and let him back out. When he was about halfway out, put it in reverse and floor it.
Terk
AG
aTm2004 said:

The right course of action would have been to move up and let him back out. When he was about halfway out, put it in reverse and floor it.
aggiedent
AG
If you want an honest response, I'd have forgotten about it within 2 min. I don't react to people like that and I forget them quite quickly. That's just me.
carpe vinum
AG
shoot him in the nuts.
TAMU77CLAY
AG
Contact apartment manager and explain situation.
civilized05
AG
Handful of tacks behind the tires for a few weeks seems to be about the right course of action to me.

Of course, I'm a degenerate who'll return an item to a store sans receipt for store credit....so take it for what it's worth.
helloag99
Liberal amount of sugar in his gas tank
The Lost
aTm2004 said:

There are days where i wish life was like Grand Theft Auto so you could do this just to prove a point.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Shoot his nuts off gets my vote. Though based on the observation of roid rage, that might be a tough shot.

I'm guessing he got the Handicapped tag by... Decided to keep those thoughts to myself.
The Wonderer
AG
There are a lot of reasons for a handicapped tag; not all of them are visible to the uninformed.
powerbelly
AG
The Wonderer said:

There are a lot of reasons for a handicapped tag; not all of them are visible to the uninformed.
Yep.
rilloaggie
AG
Understood that you can get them for ptsd and other afflictions that are commmon among vets. I've got friends that came back from Afghanistan different people than when they left. If this guy has something like that going on I feel for him but he needs to be getting help and not trying to start fight with anyone that inconveniences him. Having a disability doesn't entitle anyone to be a menace.
The Original AG 76
AG
MOVE !!!
You need to move to a better hood where his type don't go !!
The Wonderer
AG
rilloaggie said:

Understood that you can get them for ptsd and other afflictions that are commmon among vets. I've got friends that came back from Afghanistan different people than when they left. If this guy has something like that going on I feel for him but he needs to be getting help and not trying to start fight with anyone that inconveniences him. Having a disability doesn't entitle anyone to be a menace.
Maybe he is getting help. Psyc issues aren't solved overnight.

I would explain what occurred to office management so that they have a record of the incident with one of their residents.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Wasn't trying to start a PTSD fight. I had a train of thought and decided it was overly snarky and contributed nothing to the discussion. PTSD is a complicated issue that is wrecking the lives of many. Obviously it isn't fully understood and therefore it's likely abused by some.

That said, as long as OP and his group were moving quickly to transfer the bags from one car to another this should be no harm no foul. In that case if this dude's fuse is that short he probably shouldn't be driving in the first place. Now if OP had been loading groceries in the fire lane right in front of the grocery store and jamming up the entire parking lot... Then shoot OP's nuts off!

Oh and last time I checked it's a Class C Misdemeanor to operate a vehicle with the handicap placard displayed. You're supposed to hang it up when you park and remove it before driving.
TexasAggie_02
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
Those tags were originally meant for people who have MOBILITY issues, something that should be fairly observable when you see someone move.
DatTallArchitect
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Those tags were originally meant for people who have MOBILITY issues, something that should be fairly observable when you see someone move.
Not always. One of my uncles has a prosthetic leg. It can really get to bothering him, but he doesn't always let it show. If he is in jeans and it isn't bothering him too bad, you would probably never know.
powerbelly
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I thought the intention was to help people who could not walk long distances even if it had nothing to do with mobility. For example, breathing/lung issues.
DevilD77
AG
powerbelly51 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I thought the intention was to help people who could not walk long distances even if it had nothing to do with mobility. For example, breathing/lung issues.
Breathing and lung issues definitely affect one's mobility.
MouthBQ98
AG
And neurological and circulatory problems. Usually such people are not young, ripped fit, or spry and quick on their feet.

Lots of people get them these days just for being gluttonous fatasses.
khkman22
AG
No comment on your situation, but this is what I was expecting.

rilloaggie
AG
Update!

Spoke with the apartment managers about the situation. They asked for a description of the dude and before I could get to the tattoos or stupid haircut they were able to complete the rest. Apparently he's had to be spoken with on multiple occasions before. I wasn't given details but apparently he's been an ass to other neighbors enough to be memorable to the manager of a +300 unit complex. Hopefully they can evict him and make everyone's lives a little more pleasant.
The Wonderer
AG
rilloaggie said:

Update!

Spoke with the apartment managers about the situation. They asked for a description of the dude and before I could get to the tattoos or stupid haircut they were able to complete the rest. Apparently he's had to be spoken with on multiple occasions before. I wasn't given details but apparently he's been an ass to other neighbors enough to be memorable to the manager of a +300 unit complex. Hopefully they can evict him and make everyone's lives a little more pleasant.
lol, good luck.
Rexter
1) Get a valve core removal tool
2) Remove all four valve cores, leaving each one by each tire
3) Sit back and watch him walk out to four undamaged flat tires
4) Laugh your ass off
Brush Country
The Lost said:

aTm2004 said:

There are days where i wish life was like Grand Theft Auto so you could do this just to prove a point.

Hell, I've legitimately thought about "accidentally" backing into my neighbors kids compact cars at about 20 mph when they park them across the street at the end of my driveway. Then I think about how much of a PITA the whole situation would be and I decide it's too much just to teach them a lesson. But just barely too much.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Kick his ass, Seabass!
FIDO 96
AG
Stick a BB in his valve cap and tighen down just enough to start a small leak. Hopefully he'll get stranded in an area where people keep gimps in their basement for guys just like that.
powerbelly
AG
Brush Country said:

The Lost said:

aTm2004 said:

Hell, I've legitimately thought about "accidentally" backing into my neighbors kids compact cars at about 20 mph when they park them across the street at the end of my driveway. Then I think about how much of a PITA the whole situation would be and I decide it's too much just to teach them a lesson. But just barely too much.
So you want to be a complete ******* to someone parking legally?
Brush Country
Not really, they are nice enough people. Maybe I should've used this emoticon.

But I do wish they'd park somewhere besides at the end of my drive. They've got plenty of room for it.
RK
AG
of course. we all want to do bad things to people who annoy/inconvenience us. it's the (not) acting on it that separates us from the apes.
Kenneth_2003
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Brush Country said:

The Lost said:

aTm2004 said:

I could be mistaken, but they may not be legally parked.
powerbelly
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

powerbelly51 said:

Brush Country said:

The Lost said:

aTm2004 said:

It is not illegal to park across the street from a driveway.
The Wonderer
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

powerbelly51 said:

Brush Country said:

The Lost said:

aTm2004 said:

It is not illegal to park across the street from a driveway.
Transportation Code 545.302(b)(1)
Quote:

(b) An operator may not, except momentarily to pick up or discharge a passenger, stand or park an occupied or unoccupied vehicle:

(1) in front of a public or private driveway;

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.