Outdoors
Sponsored by

Parking Disputes are outdoors!

6,577 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aTm2004
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Wonderer said:

powerbelly51 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

powerbelly51 said:

Brush Country said:

The Lost said:

aTm2004 said:

The right course of action would have been to move up and let him back out. When he was about halfway out, put it in reverse and floor it.
There are days where i wish life was like Grand Theft Auto so you could do this just to prove a point.

Hell, I've legitimately thought about "accidentally" backing into my neighbors kids compact cars at about 20 mph when they park them across the street at the end of my driveway. Then I think about how much of a PITA the whole situation would be and I decide it's too much just to teach them a lesson. But just barely too much.
So you want to be a complete ******* to someone parking legally?

I could be mistaken, but they may not be legally parked.
It is not illegal to park across the street from a driveway.
Transportation Code 545.302(b)(1)
Quote:

(b) An operator may not, except momentarily to pick up or discharge a passenger, stand or park an occupied or unoccupied vehicle:

(1) in front of a public or private driveway;

In front =/= across the street.
The Wonderer
AG
Merely posting the Code..
powerbelly
AG
The Wonderer said:

That doesn't apply to the situation?
OldCamp
Quote:

they park them across the street at the end of my driveway

I believe the code would apply to parking across the street if you were blocking someone in their drive.
They are still in front of the driveway.
I've had to back up through my front yard to get out when there was a car parked across from my driveway. It was a one time thing (visitor or neighbor) so I didn't make a big deal about it.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Ok, y'all are faster on the code than me! Thought I recalled read a rant somewhere where someone was cited. Could have been an over-zealous meter maid though... Don't recall the specifics.
Max06
AG
aTm2004 said:

The right course of action would have been to move up and let him back out. When he was about halfway out, put it in reverse and floor it.
The Wonderer
AG
powerbelly51 said:

The Wonderer said:

It is the only section regarding parking in/around/across from driveways in the Trans. Code. Open to interpretation.
powerbelly
AG
The Wonderer said:

powerbelly51 said:

The Wonderer said:

It is the only section regarding parking in/around/across from driveways in the Trans. Code. Open to interpretation.
Then why aren't police departments racking up easy tickets? I don't think it is open to interpretation at all.
The Wonderer
AG
powerbelly51 said:

The Wonderer said:

powerbelly51 said:

The Wonderer said:

Then why aren't police departments racking up easy tickets? I don't think it is open to interpretation at all.
I meant by y'all.
gwellis
AG
The Wonderer said:

powerbelly51 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

powerbelly51 said:

Brush Country said:

The Lost said:

aTm2004 said:

There are days where i wish life was like Grand Theft Auto so you could do this just to prove a point.

Hell, I've legitimately thought about "accidentally" backing into my neighbors kids compact cars at about 20 mph when they park them across the street at the end of my driveway. Then I think about how much of a PITA the whole situation would be and I decide it's too much just to teach them a lesson. But just barely too much.
So you want to be a complete ******* to someone parking legally?

I could be mistaken, but they may not be legally parked.
It is not illegal to park across the street from a driveway.
Transportation Code 545.302(b)(1)
Quote:

(b) An operator may not, except momentarily to pick up or discharge a passenger, stand or park an occupied or unoccupied vehicle:

(1) in front of a public or private driveway;
You were Saying????

Gil '91
Brush Country
Trust me, if it were illegal, the police in my small suburb town would be ticketing people for it, so it must not be. They do give tickets for parking facing opposite of traffic.
FSGuide
I'll say this:

I was on a surveillance in Houston one time, sitting in the back seat of a mini-van. I was parked across the street from a driveway. Later a lady starts backing out of her driveway and she stops and looks out her drive window at my vehicle. She starts backing up again and honking her horn at the same time. She didn't appear to even try to turn left or right, just backed straight into me. I got out and we discussed it. She called the cops. Cops came and gave her a ticket. She challenged it in court and lost. Her insurance paid for the damage to my vehicle (actually belonged to the company I was working for at the time) too.
Smithjg
Some jackass threatened my wife, daughter and I one day for honking (nicely) at him for swerving into my lane while he was texting. He chased me for a while, then pulled ahead of me in a residential area and blocked me with his truck. When he jumped out of his truck, he grabbed a cut off baseball bat with a leather strap as a handle and walked towards me. I pulled the Baretta from under the seat and he stopped and quickly got out of there.

My wife wrote down his license plate and we found where he lived through a friend. One night, someone went to his apartment and cut all four valve stems with dykes (side cutters). A few months later, it mysteriously happened again. After that, he either moved or traded vehicles, because his truck was gone.
CanyonAg77
AG
The Wonderer said:

There are a lot of reasons for a handicapped tag; not all of them are visible to the uninformed.
Like steroid abuse?
WC87
AG
wrong board.
Knotman
I did not read the entire thread so sorry if this was covered. I have run parking operations in 5 states and published an article on HC permits. The ADA has 7 explicit needs foe a HC permit - all address mobility, not mental state. Things such as the need for assistance (walkers, canes, crutches, wheel chairs) blood O2 levels, need for O2, blindness etc. Each state uses those same criteria. Some have others as well. I'd notify the police, only they are able to confiscate a HC permit in Tx.

Edited as i read it all. It is illegal to park on the wrong side of the road facing on-coming traffic in TX.
wheelz
AG
I don't even want to ask, but how the hell does parking in a handi-space help someone with PTSD?
JSKolache
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Those tags were originally meant for people who have MOBILITY issues, something that should be fairly observable when you see someone move.
Honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone with bona fide observable mobility issue using a HC spot. Now its all fatties & canadians
GE
AG
I hope this thread turns into a "what's the worst thing you've done to somebody who has wronged you" thread.
aTm2004
AG
GE said:

I hope this thread turns into a "what's the worst thing you've done to somebody who has wronged you" thread.

I didn't tell her "when"
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.