Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Concealed Pistol Question

5,329 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
Dr. Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ad*****trapper said:

It just bothers you so much that I like something other than what you do. Have enjoyed sparring. But if you look back my true advice to the op and all that come onto the board wanting to know opinion on which caliber to get, I stand by the fact that you should go find out what you like for yourself. Not take other people's word for it. And if that brings you to a caliber that I don't carry or like then that is fine. The important thing is to go find out for yourself.

It doesn't bother me at all. I have more pistols in calibers other than 9mm than I do pistols in 9mm. I love all my guns, and each for its own reason. I've also said multiple times that he should go shoot both and figure out what he likes best. I simply provided him a ton of fact-based background on why this place is a "9mm echo chamber" as you call it. All that information is why I humbly believe it to be a superior tool than .40 for what he wants; it's that simple.
addickstrapper
AG
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man."
Naveronski
AG
BQ75 said:

Naveronski said:

OP, where are you?

I have a 9mm Shield that I'm interested in selling.
Price? How many rounds through it? Magazines?

300ish rounds through it, likely less.
Two mags
$315
DFW

If you're left handed, I also have a Raven Concealment holster and mag carrier for it.
CactusThomas
AG
Not really a good time to be selling a used shield. Several places have them new from $325 and S&W is offering a $75 rebate on top of that.
BenderRodriguez
AG
The real irony of your whole stance in this thread is that you're repeating the advice I've given in almost every X or Y brand question asked on this board for years now: Go to a range, try out several, decide what you like. Does that mean you're an echo chamber because you're repeating advice I've given multiple times on this board?

Preferring 40 is fine. All of your follow up comments on availability of .40 during panics, personal preference for 40 or 45, etc would have been just fine, and you should have started with that. But instead you start out with "this is such an echo chamber, ignore these guys and do whatever you want" without offering any actual reasons or opinions on the question asked in the original post about whether he should purchase a Shield in 9mm or .40. You don't seem to understand what an echo chamber is, and multiple people commenting on why they prefer a caliber you do not doesn't make something an echo chamber.

Your entire premise from the start in this thread was flawed.

addickstrapper
AG
Look, clearly the comment hit a nerve. It was supposed to, and yes it can apply to what I said regarding going and shooting them for yourself because I have always suggested the same on other threads as well.

Also check back, I never suggested he ignore anyone's advice.
Naveronski
AG
CactusThomas said:

Not really a good time to be selling a used shield. Several places have them new from $325 and S&W is offering a $75 rebate on top of that.
Yeah, I realize that. I'm willing to flex a little on the price, and not having to pay sales tax or FFL transfer might encourage some folks, but I'm not in a hurry to sell, either. It's just fine in the cupboard.
CactusThomas
AG
Yeah, just hold off till the rebate ends and I think you'll do better.
JSKolache
AG
Smaller and lighter is better for concealed
Hoss
AG
9mm. If I were going to do any other common caliber it would be 45. 40 was crazy popular for a while because that's what the FBI and a lot of law enforcement agencies went to, but now it's pretty much 9 or 45 and I'd bet more and more people are going 9.

What I'd really like is full power 10mm, but that ammo costs so much that it's not practical.
bigtruckguy3500
You can put a 9mm barrel in a 40, buy some 9 mm mags, and convert your gun. It goes the other way as well, but requires some barrel work to get it to fit.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I was ridiculed on here for years for saying a 9 is sufficient for personal defense (or better put, if you need more than a 9, you need a rifle). Now, the 9 suggestions get a blue shade.

Shooting for other than defense? Enter the larger caliber discussion and have fun!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.