Sponsored by

Bayou Vista Waterfront 3/2 for sale

5,056 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hurricanejake02
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a cool place. Well done!
jtp01
AG
As a youngster I spent a ton of time in Bayou Vista at some family friend's place. I loved it down there. Last year we made the trip down for spring break and really had a great time.

Great looking place, we are looking for a vacation home, but that's too far from Amarillo to make sense for us right now.
highvelocity
AG
had no idea that homes like this were actually affordable.

nice house, good luck with sale!
FTAco07
AG
My folks used to live on Blue Herron in Bayou Vista and it was awesome. We caught a ton of redfish in a padle boat in the protected marsh there between Bayou Vista, I-45, and the railroad. Lots of bait fish and blue crabs too. Love that outdoor kitchen.
silent majority
Man, beautiful place.

I'm a single dude and that would make a cool bachelor pad.
schmellba99
AG
Where are you moving to? Thought you loved it out there.
Post removed:
by user
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Dang nice place. This is what I want in about 8-9 years after my daughter graduates from high school. Of course by then I won't be able to afford it.
dead zip 01
AG
I've often wondered what is the fishing like off the dock in those canals?

Let's say you come home in the evening after work in the summer or fall and head out to the dock to make a cast or two what can you expect?
FTAco07
AG
Each canal is probably a little different, but I can speak for our old house. We had underwater lights in the canal so you could see each night if there were fish or not. I generally didn't cast a line unless I saw a decent amount of baitfish, but every once in a while there would be a good group of specs that would hit anything that moved just outside the lights. They were mostly just under keeper size, but it was fun. We were the canal farthest away from the inlet so other experiences may vary.
Post removed:
by user
hurricanejake02
AG
My grandparents lived on Sailfish - loved spending time in BV. Still go down and fish the RR bridge and the marshes on the other side pretty regular.
JYDog90
AG
Where you looking to go?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
99StationAG
AG
Looks like you are right next to the neighborhood pool. Great thing for the kids and guest, or a little noisy?

WB '99
Post removed:
by user
99StationAG
AG
Gotcha, thanks. Very impressive spot!

WB '99
reddog90
AG
Man I was just looking at that house on HAR on Friday. Nice place, GLWS.
JYDog90
AG
Third, is this your primary residence?
Post removed:
by user
Duncan Idaho
Nice place. But I ahve a work at home job and I am already way to unproductive working at my house. I can't even imagine how little work I would get done living there.
SabineAg
AG
Man, I wish I was about 20 years older or won the lottery last winter when it was up to 1.3 bil
Post removed:
by user
dr_boogs
AG
Good luck to you OP! Beautiful place. Everything in life happens for a reason. Keep you chin up!
Post removed:
by user
dr_boogs
AG
Glad to hear it. I get to fish Port O every now and then out of a similar set up off the ICC. I think those homeowners (extended family) have a little piece of heaven right here on earth. Good luck!
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Bighamp03
AG
Looks awesome. Good luck!

I would take out the picture of the bedroom with the stairs cut in. Just my opinion, but I think that will turn people off that might not otherwise care when seeing it in person.
Al Bula
AG
That's a nice place.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Someone buy this dang house!!!!! If only it was 2025!!
Ragoo
AG
looks like you are under contract, congrats!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.