Outdoors
Sponsored by

HR 367

11,741 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggielostinETX
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BPEWQTuBHG0

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Here's a good "suppressors for dummies" piece:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/09/progressives-dont-understand-how-gun-silencers-work-here-are-some-facts-to-help-them/
SECeded
apc10
Will they be removing SBRs from the NFA as well?
aggielostinETX
CharlieBrown17
AG
apc10 said:

That would be in a separate bill, adding it to this would mean neither happens.

I'm expecting this to pass but convincing the general public and liberals that SBRs arent scary will take more work and I'd imagine we don't see a bill on that this session.
MTxTwelve
Would love for this to happen, but I doubt the feds will let this thing go through "as-is."
CharlieBrown17
AG
MTxTwelve said:

Would love for this to happen, but I doubt the feds will let this thing go through "as-is."

Who are you referring to as the feds here?
tamc1956ag
S
Hearing protection? Nice try! I am an avid hunter and I know what would happen if suppressors were easier to obtain!
scoodogg
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Hearing protection? Nice try! I am an avid hunter and I know what would happen if suppressors were easier to obtain!
nealan
sarcasm?
Blanco Jimenez
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Care to enlighten the rest of us?
aggielostinETX
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Please enlighten us... or should i say PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US. Can you hear me ok?
mneisch
AG
I really hope this doesn't end up being the most naive comment I've ever read. It's looking that way though.
El Chupacabra
tamc1956ag said:

Gonna assume a lot here and hope I'm wrong, but I see these type of comments from hunters on gunboards and Facebook type places...

'I'm a hunter (or my husband is a hunter) and have owned guns (an old bolt action and a pump shotgun) my whole life, so I support the 2A, but there should be more restrictions and why do you need an assault AR with high capacity clips anyway? If you've done nothing wrong, then why do you care about more in depth background checks/registration?'

Again, hope I'm wrong but see it all too often from 'hunters/2A supporters'.
txyaloo
AG
El Chupacabra said:

tamc1956ag said:

Gonna assume a lot here and hope I'm wrong, but I see these type of comments from hunters on gunboards and Facebook type places...

'I'm a hunter (or my husband is a hunter) and have owned guns (an old bolt action and a pump shotgun) my whole life, so I support the 2A, but there should be more restrictions and why do you need an assault AR with high capacity clips anyway? If you've done nothing wrong, then why do you care about more in depth background checks/registration?'

Again, hope I'm wrong but see it all too often from 'hunters/2A supporters'.

"avid hunter" is short hand for that paragraph
MTxTwelve
CharlieBrown17 said:

MTxTwelve said:

Current language of the bill removes the requirement of a tax stamp and institutes a tax credit for all fees paid after 10/2015. I doubt any politician is going to want to diminish a source of revenue and, on top of that, credit revenue earned.

I see this portion [tax credit] as a bargaining chip to get it through, though.

EDIT
powerbelly
AG
tamc1956ag said:

What would happen?

You know suppressors are required to hunt in some countries that are have much more gun control than the US and are considered good etiquette in countries where not required by law.
CW Griswold
https://bearingarms.com/ba-staff/2014/03/21/dont-be-a-fudd/
Duncan Idaho
It won't pass due to the tax issues and the fact that very few are going to want to be on the record as supporting this bill on the likely chance that one obtained afterwards is used in a mass shooting.

I support the bill but I am just telling you why I don't think it will pass
CharlieBrown17
AG
MTxTwelve said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MTxTwelve said:

Current language of the bill removes the requirement of a tax stamp and institutes a tax credit for all fees paid after 10/2015. I doubt any politician is going to want to diminish a source of revenue and, on top of that, credit revenue earned.

EDIT

I think tax revenue from suppressors is barely a blip on the radar to most politicians and they can claim to have cut taxes during their time in office without hard work.

The NRA is going to be very heavily reminding members of congress about how helpful NRA lobbying was this election.
Mr. Dubi
I am very afraid of what would happen to my prospects of ever retiring if HPA passes.
Mr. Dubi
apc10 said:

Really if HPA passes; you could go integrally suppressed and not have that much of a need for SBR's, at least in my thinking.
aggielostinETX
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

apc10 said:

Really if HPA passes; you could go integrally suppressed and not have that much of a need for SBR's, at least in my thinking.
Yep, changes the game immensely...
Kenneth_2003
AG
Married an Aggie Lady said:

It's not as good as repealing the entire NFA and starting clean with just the important stuff but it's a baby step in the correct direction.
The way the Left has historically "negotiated" I'd love to see something like this proposed. The Right has never taken an extreme stance and then negotiated back to a middle ground. They've always started closer to the middle and been forced to negotiate further left to "compromise" on the left's absurdity. All the while playing into the Left's accusations of being ____________.

One person did something bad with a technologically advanced weapon of the time, and the govt's response was to ban them, and a laundry list of other items, forever from civilian ownership.

Repeal the entire NFA 1934!
TresPuertas
AG
I've already contacted my Congressional representative and I suggest you, and everyone you know do the same.
PorkEatingCrusader
Son of 73 said:

tamc1956ag said:

Care to enlighten the rest of us?
tamc is a lib troll over on the politics board! Please don't feed him.
'03ag
tamc1956ag said:

Me too! Gun owners everywhere could shoot suppressed for much less cost/hassle, and with absolutely zero negative consequences because of it. Win win.
Lungblood
TresPuertas said:

I've already contacted my Congressional representative and I suggest you, and everyone you know do the same.

This is how you protest. I'm looking at you, dumbass blm and dirty hipster clowns.
SECeded
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
tamc1956ag said:

People would buy them???
txyaloo
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

MTxTwelve said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

MTxTwelve said:

EDIT

I think tax revenue from suppressors is barely a blip on the radar to most politicians and they can claim to have cut taxes during their time in office without hard work.

The NRA is going to be very heavily reminding members of congress about how helpful NRA lobbying was this election.
I wish I were younger and less cynical. I hope you're right, but I just have a really hard time seeing passage happen.

NRA gets behind lots of legislation that never passes.
Called my congressman this morning to voice support HR 367. You can find your rep here:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
rhtexfish
AG
tamc1956ag said:

My kids would enjoy shooting without having long-term hearing loss?

or

The same thing that "was going to happen" when CHLs became legal, campus carry became legal, and open carry became legal?
Blanco Jimenez
AG
26.2 said:

Called my congressman this morning to voice support HR 367. You can find your rep here:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
As did I. Mine is a Dem though so who knows how it will be received,
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.