Outdoors
Sponsored by

HR 367

11,730 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggielostinETX
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably a dumb question, but how do you clean an integral suppressor?
scoodogg
AG
If this passes, I could see barrels with pinned and welded suppressor shrouds becoming more popular. They're out there right now, but the demand is probably low due to people who might use them already being in the NFA game. They might as well go the two stamp route right now.

Like this:
http://www.midstatefirearms.com/BMS-300Blk-Upper-105-welded-Suppressor-Shroud-Legal-16-bms30.htm
'03ag
scoodogg said:

If this passes, I could see barrels with pinned and welded suppressor shrouds becoming more popular.
I think we'll see an explosion in availability if this passes. As well as a reduction in costs. Just have to give it time.
HumbleAg04
AG
IF it passes we are realistically looking at 300+ days before its signed. Bills submitted in Jan on average I think take 340+ and that is without committees sitting on them.

Something like 96% of bills that see the floor die a horrible death.
Naveronski
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

This thread fot me to thinking: any integrally suppressed AR's (not 300 blk)?

Gemtech had made one, but I don't believe it's commercially available.
I think Daniel Defense makes one currently.
Aggietaco
AG
AgEng06 said:

Probably a dumb question, but how do you clean an integral suppressor?
They typically have a shroud that is removable since they use a monolithic versus a stacked baffle design. If not monolithic, they would have a similar end cap design to most removable cans for you to pull the baffles.
Aggietaco
AG
Also, the LA Times posted a smear piece a few days ago. Not much substance, just talk about how guns should be more regulated, not less. Here if you feel like giving them the ad clicks.
EFE
AG
TTT
ASA with a robo letter for your congressman

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=marketo&utm_campaign=2017_02_22_hpasupport&utm_content=newsletter&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWkdaa1pUSTRabVUzTnpFMyIsInQiOiJobUdiOFNOblBGVENIWFg2MzhJcnhNRm5CZUFrTWZ3ZEJybkRxZ3ZOWmRMQnYzSWFlQVwvOTdHQ01NSTh0aGZMYm5pRWVrNm5BT1JzdndVeFM5Q3JGNTFMMDU2bHB1SVwvWmhob0RpekEwc1Q1VHlYZjZOaGdpZjV5S2ZxQzVBVjczIn0%3D
Puryear Playboy
AG
Naveronski said:

Mr. Dubi said:

Gemtechs product is called the Integra. It will be available in 556 and 300Blk.

They are in production now, I will have both versions in hand shortly.
texrover91
AG
About time - can't out off a Hybrid much longer!
texrover91
AG
Puryear Playboy said:

Naveronski said:

Mr. Dubi said:

Texas 1836
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Okay, I'll bite knowing there will be a sh*t storm coming my way! The argument that the suppressor will alleviate hearing loss is good IF we didn't have myriad options for hearing protection available on the market. In addition, I think the nation would see an increase in illegal hunting activities such as poaching trophy deer, etc. by unsavory individuals. Finally, I think the use of suppressor could drastically delay the law enforcement reaction time to "mass murder" type situations due to the fact it would be harder to locate the source of the sound. I definitely feel suppressors have benefits in the law enforcement agencies and armed forces. flame away. And yes, I am a guy who hunts deer with a bolt action rifle.
So you admit to using a firearm that the found fathers could not even imagine being used??

Using your "logic", you possess a weapon of war and should turn it in to the closest government facility for immediate disposal.

Go peddle your crap somewhere else.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Would love to hear your feedback on the 300 BLK. Gemtech's suggested MSRP is about $1,000 less than the DDM4 ISR.
Oruc Reis
AG
I used this link and got this encouraging response from Sen Cornyn

Quote:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (S. 59). I recognize your dedication to participating in the democratic process and appreciate your comments on this matter.

As you may know, S. 59 was introduced on January 9, 2017. As a cosponsor of this legislation and a strong proponent of the Second Amendment, I believe that it is essential to safeguard law-abiding citizens' constitutional right to own and use firearms for lawful purposes. This legislation would remove sound suppressors from regulation under the National Firearms Act of 1934 (P.L. 73-474), ensuring that purchasing a firearm suppressor is treated the same as purchasing a long gun and thus subject to the same background check process. S. 59 has been referred to the Senate Finance Committee for further consideration. As a member of the Finance Committee, you may be certain that I will keep your views in mind as reform proposals are considered during the 115th Congress.

Burdensome regulations, such as restricting the Second Amendment, runs counter to the intent of our Founding Fathers, who expressly guaranteed that citizens would retain the right to keep and bear arms. It is encouraging that the Supreme Court has upheld the will of our Founders and re-affirmed the ideals upon which our country was established. The Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller provides a greater guarantee that Americans' constitutional rights remain secure from federal government intrusion. I was proud to sign an amicus brief to the Supreme Court supporting the fundamental right of American citizens to keep and bear arms. This landmark ruling continues to have implications far beyond the District of Columbia. In the 2010 McDonald v. City of Chicago decision, the Supreme Court struck down the arbitrary gun ban in Chicagothereby affirming that the Second Amendment protects Americans' fundamental right against state and local encroachment.

As a former Texas Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General, I have firsthand knowledge of effective crime-fighting policies and believe that citizens' Second Amendment rights should not be restricted because of the actions of criminals. Rather, we must focus our attention on the source of violent crime: criminals who use firearms to harm innocent Americans. I believe that strictly enforcing the lawand imposing tougher sentences on career criminals and violent offenders who use firearmswill reduce violence more effectively than gun or equipment bans, which primarily serve to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens. Furthermore, lawmakers should work to reduce violence by enacting policies that increase treatment options for those who are dangerously mentally illa common factor in many acts of mass violence that have occurred in communities across the nation.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texas in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will continue working with my colleagues to protect our Second Amendment rights. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
CT'97
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Okay, I'll bite knowing there will be a sh*t storm coming my way! The argument that the suppressor will alleviate hearing loss is good IF we didn't have myriad options for hearing protection available on the market. In addition, I think the nation would see an increase in illegal hunting activities such as poaching trophy deer, etc. by unsavory individuals. Finally, I think the use of suppressor could drastically delay the law enforcement reaction time to "mass murder" type situations due to the fact it would be harder to locate the source of the sound. I definitely feel suppressors have benefits in the law enforcement agencies and armed forces. flame away. And yes, I am a guy who hunts deer with a bolt action rifle.
Poachers get caught because they brag about it and get turned in on tips reported to the game wardens, not because someone hear's a shot. The argument that suppressors will increase poaching doesn't hold water. People who are going to poach won't spend the money on a suppressor anyway.

I can't think of a single "mass murder" situation where a suppressor would have slowed police response. People who do those kinds of things aren't trying to hide. In fact they are trying to be loud and terrorize people around them.

AgLA06
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

Would love to hear your feedback on the 300 BLK. Gemtech's suggested MSRP is about $1,000 less than the DDM4 ISR.

I was really excited until I saw the price tag.

I hate being poor.
Credible Source
AG
AgLA06 said:

Cowboy Curtis said:

I was really excited until I saw the price tag.

I hate being poor.

That sounds ****ty.
aggielostinETX
AG
texrover91 said:

Puryear Playboy said:

Naveronski said:

Mr. Dubi said:

This guy is making them with a single core removable baffle...

http://sdtacticalarms.com/Sirearms-Integral-Upper_p_126.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.