Outdoors
Sponsored by

Barnes got himself some nuts

16,768 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CanyonAg77
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

SteveBott
AG
EMY92 said:

I believe that Bott got involved in that and got most of the money to the family and some returned to Texags posters. I'm not sure if it was 100% of the amount donated..

This is correct. I got 4K to the family and he claimed he was getting refund requests from gofundme and they had access to his checking account and pulled the rest of the money out. I confirmed one poster got his 500 back. The fund had 7k or so.
45-70Ag
AG
So was he just going to steal this money until he was caught?
SteveBott
AG
Irish after dealing with him personally I don't think so. His story matched the families. They were at the Houston rodeo and could not get back to their bank to open an account. I met the Aggie daughter at the bank and opened the account.

Barnes loves trolling but I don't think he was a crook
CanyonAg77
AG
SteveBott said:

Irish after dealing with him personally I don't think so. His story matched the families. They were at the Houston rodeo and could not get back to their bank to open an account. I met the Aggie daughter at the bank and opened the account.

If it walks like a duck......
TexasAggie_02
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

SteveBott said:

If it walks like a duck......
he probably does waddle when he walks. he'd tell you it's from taking a bullet to the leg in 'Nam when he was 8 years old.
plowboy1065
S
SteveBott said:

His arrest record would prove otherwise
EskimoJoe
plowboy1065 said:

SteveBott said:

His arrest record would prove otherwise

O rly? Where could this be found?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

All over the two original threads.
plowboy1065
S
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

All over the two original threads.
Texags is garbage
That man has kids?!?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Barnes also made an appearance in the "Tarpon Junkies" thread here: Texas state record tarpon

He didn't explicitly claim it was his but the lack of an explanation to accompany it could easily lead others to believe it was his catch and record.
agfan2013
AG
SteveBott said:

Wait so we have someone on the board who has actually had face to face interaction with Barnes after the meltdown?? You have to tell us more. Is he embarrass by getting outed? Does he have schizophrenia and really believe all of his lies? Does he still lurk and read all of our posts laughing at him from the shadows?
SteveBott
AG
Not face to face only by Phone. I was a mod at the time and he contacted me because people were posting info about his family and he felt that was over the line which it was. I took the initiative to find out about the money and arranged the transfer to the girls brothers account until they got back from the rodeo.

I'm sure he lurks here but doesn't give a rats a$$ what posters think of him. He is a professional troll. As for criminal record I looked closely at those posts and could not confirm with certainty it was him. Barnes is a common name.

Bottom line the girl got 4K before gofundme started pulling money back out of his account. FYI it's two way access when you set up the deal.
Three Seasons
AG
The problem with MFB is that he will show back up and will, most probably, try to take advantage of someone financially that believes he is an honest Ag. He might or might not have been totally honest with the go fund me issue...water under the bridge.

Here is the link that I have...you will have to verify the information to see if it is up to date. The information in the document deals only with MFB.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

As for criminal record I looked closely at those posts and could not confirm with certainty it was him. Barnes is a common name
http://howmanyofme.com/

1,190 people in the entire US named Mark Barnes. My name, on the other hand, has about 29,000 people.
TwoMarksHand
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

As for criminal record I looked closely at those posts and could not confirm with certainty it was him. Barnes is a common name
http://howmanyofme.com/

1,190 people in the entire US named Mark Barnes. My name, on the other hand, has about 29,000 people.

Whoa, 76 for me!
Ag83
AG
I'm one of a kind.
agfan2013
AG
Only 7 for me
HCHunter
S
Ag83 said:

I'm one of a kind.

Same here. Actually "one or fewer" so I am hoping we're still at one!
Texmid
AG
Only 1 of me.
CanyonAg77
AG
Okay, my first and last names are both in the top 10. So no surprise there's darn near 30,000 of us. Kind of a pain when some of them don't pay bills.

If my wife had kept her maiden name, she would have been one of 5. When daughter got married she changed to her married name because her maiden name was too common, like about 4000. Her current name drops it to less than 10.

Daughter-in-law's name was 1 of 1. But she changed it to a married name with about 2000. But she is an MD, and her maiden name sounds foreign (German or Nordic) Her med school instructors told her "No one wants to go to a foreign doctor."
SteveBott
AG
28 for me
Guitarsoup
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

What is the back story here?

Gist: poster claimed he had an elaborate setup of tools/equipment in his garage and posted pics of the stuff; TexAgs poster Guitar Soup (I think; or was it Spicewood Ag??) found the posted pics were all on google image search. Busted and made for a roar on here not seen since Listeater (you'll have to get that scoop elsewhere).

I guess I should have taken credit for busting him, keeping with the theme!

He posted a garage find 54 Vette. And two hours later had completely pulled the engine and disassembled it.

I found it on a website and it was a garage find, but ten years before.

Then CanyonAg77 and others started debunking other stuff he made up.

Biggest thing was there was a former A&M student that was a 3-barrel rider in the rodeo. Her family's house burned down and he started a GoFundMe for her, only she didn't know him or that he started it. He pulled in thousands of dollars on that before GFM pulled it for fraud.

Here's his current FB Cover Photo that he claims is his "attitude room":

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210154963366635&set=a.3298188369618.2151419.1115134134&type=3&theater

Here's a blog from a completely different person about how he set up that room.
http://www.gallagherstory.com/vintage_stereo/

His current Profile picture is hilariously poorly photoshopped.

He says it was shot at Hard Rock Vegas.

Only he photoshopped out Billy Gibbons from this concert:

I could go on and on.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Guitarsoup said:

He looks like he had the Zika virus before scientists discovered it.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Me too
sanitariex
AG
He's the gift that keeps on giving.....
TexasAggie_02
AG
Has anyone ever seen mfbarnes and doss regulator in the same thread?
plowboy1065
S
He's just an old session player called Freddie The Flash
CanyonAg77
AG
So a TexAgs poster put up a great photo of an F-35 on this thread:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2819610/replies/48064405

Guess who stole it and put it on his thread without attribution?

https://www.facebook.com/mark.f.barnes

Barnes, I know you're reading this. F off, @$$hole.

EDIT: He took it down. Someone must have got to him before I did.
Thisguy1
Did he delete it?
Bert315
AG
Looks like he took it down. Dude has issues.
spud1910
AG
Me too.
Talon2DSO
AG
What did he say when he posted it?
230Ag
AG
Talon2DSO said:

What did he say when he posted it?
that he likes to swallow pole. we knew that already doe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.