Outdoors
Sponsored by

Metal Building Company Recommendations

8,712 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GrassAg95
GrassAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been researching a new building (40'x60') for a while, and have looked into Morton buildings, Mueller buildings, and kits from Metal Mart or similar that are installed by a contractor.

Morton appears to be 20-25% more expensive than Mueller all-in, and is a wood frame building with piers installed for the main beams, and they handle all installation from site prep to installing the doorknobs. Mueller is more of a do it yourself where you handle all contractors and they just deliver the building kit, which is all steel. I've looked at Whirlwind, but they are similar to Mueller in terms of process, but more expensive for the building.

Just curious about others' experiences and recommendations. Not sure if Morton is worth the extra expense or not, and not sure about wood frame vs. steel frame. I would rather not manage the project (site prep, slab installation, building construction), but it seems I would save a considerable amount of money, so perhaps it's worth it.

Thanks in advance for any info!
rancher1953
I have built several metal buildings on my ranch and on a neighbors. We used Muellers for a couple but found DDM (Discount Door and Metal) in Brenham is way cheaper. Call and talk with Pat one of the owners and he will get you a great price. DDM was way cheaper that Mueller on my last building. They also make what you need at their plant in Brenham.
Muzzleblast
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2813512

Read here on who not to use.

There are many scam artists in the metal building business.

Mine is a Schulte Metal Building.

The building itself is good.
GeeBee
AG
If they can't get a line of credit at a supplier and need money up front to buy materials, find someone else. I would check his credit/payment history to supplier and if suspect do a joint check to contractor/supplier on his draws. That way you know the supplier is paid and they won't put a lien on your place.
fayetteag1982
Check out Wayne Divin metal buildings. He has built a couple of metal barns for me. Honest and reliable. Website is: wdmb.com
CR173
AG
JM Buildings.
Jerry built me covered arena and added on to my existing barn this year. Good build and good guy. My wife was on site during build and he was super in working with her.
Agreed, who ever you use should have terms with suppliers. I didn't make my first partial payment until we were a few weeks into the job.
Muzzleblast
Is this guy in Plantersville?

Several similar web sites.
CR173
AG
Yep. I'm in Carlos so it was an easy drive. But I'll say it seems the bulk of his work is Brazos Valley.
He has a billboard up between CS & Navasota, going south of the west side.
Towns03
AG
I had a good experience with Rigid. they were the cheapest bid for a 125x50x24 custom about a year ago.

erecting the building is extra and should run around $2.50 per sqft

concrete foundation is extra and can cost $5-8 per sqft depending on how thick you need
Corps_Ag12
AG
OP, where are you located?
GrassAg95
AG
McKinney
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.