Outdoors
Sponsored by

Shotgun Trick Shots -- Dude Perfect

11,457 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sean98
big ben
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It entertainment, I wish I thought of it, and more power to them
AgsMnn
AG
I usually enjoy most of their videos, but throwing shotguns and shooting them in the water to move a kayak just seems a little unsafe.

Firearms are firearms and need to be treated as so. All it takes is that one slip up. We preach and talk this all the time on this board.

I am sure they were safe and double checked things I hope. They just did not show that part and just promoted using a shotgun and throwing it to your friend to shoot. I just do not like this video.
suprafly03
AG
I agree with this for the most part, but dropping a shell into an opened action for him to then fire it is awesome!

I wonder how many takes that took.
RCR06
AG
They are entertaining to me. I don't have a you tube account, but ocasionally people will post a video and I will watch it then end up looking at a few more. There was one they did on fishing that sterotype different types of fishermen that I thought was pretty funny. Hold the fish really far away your body for the picture, rage guy, latest technology guy, mr. Excuses, etc.
AZAG08
AG
I kept expecting a "do not try this at home kids" message
htxag09
AG
I envy the **** out of these guys. They figured out a way to get rich by doing what they love.

And let's see...a group of college buddies who are always wearing A&M gear, using current and former aggie athletes in videos, doing different videos around A&M....and they have billions of YouTube views, millions of social media followers, their own tv show, toy lines, and I'm sure more.

Hard to not like them or root for them just for that alone.
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
This website estimates how much they make off of their channel.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/corycotton
quote:
$296.2K - $4.7M

ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS

That's a huge freaking range, but I would take either of those numbers for shooting things and throwing basketballs from the top of stadiums.

Plus I've seen them at sporting events and such and they seems like nice guys. Also, c/o '08 (whoop).

Plus I think one or two of them are pastors or heavily involved with churches.
TX_AG_10
AG
They had one at the end of the video.
AZAG08
AG
quote:
They had one at the end of the video.
Well I guess thats on me for not watching all the way through
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Wait. So these guys are actually decent human beings, great representatives for A&M, innovative entrepreneurs, successful business owners, who get kids excited about being active and having fun; but yet some on Texags complain about them.

BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
Wait. So these guys are actually decent human beings, great representatives for A&M, innovative entrepreneurs, successful business owners, who get kids excited about being active and having fun; but yet some on Texags complain about them.

Hmmm...1700 posts...you don't SEEM new to this board, but your post suggests otherwise.
big ben
AG
Honestly not supporting them is ******ed. Who wouldn't want that for a life? Majority of them have got hot wives and they get paid to shoot, toss, hit whatever everyday
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
quote:

Hmmm...1700 posts...you don't SEEM new to this board, but your post suggests otherwise.
Im going to guess he's a fan of their religous angle. Something about that whether it's Dude Perfect or Tim Tebow brings out the defenders in droves.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm neutral on these guys. Not really a fan, but since I don't have to watch it, I don't care. And they seem like good reps of A&M to those who enjoy this stuff.

Old farts like me may not get the appeal, but how is it any different than singing a song, acting in a movie, being good at basketball, being an Olympic athlete...?????

It's all entertainment, and these guys have figured out a way to be entertaining and make money.

Congrats to them.
Knucklesammich
There are many 7 figure youtubers in the world of gaming...it's nuts
tk127ag
AG
I get a pretty good laugh out of some of their stuff. This one was pretty damn awesome. If you noticed all the times they threw the guns they loaded after the catch. Still motto is don't throw loaded guns.
Terk
AG
Sean, Dude Perfect is NOTHING like Luke Bryan other than you can find videos of them on your interwebs....

Dude Perfect is making trick shots and doing all kinds of awesome stuff on videos and making great comedy shorts. They've figured out the "YouTube Equation" and are making $ for clicks. They are awesome guys and avid sportsmen and really good ambassadors for A&M.

Luke Bryan is a terrible "country artist" who sings about **** he has no idea about or hasn't actually done in 20+ years. He's a doooche noodle that wears tight shirts and may or may not He's actually a pretty good dude outside of music, I will give him that.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Im going to guess he's a fan of their religous angle. Something about that whether it's Dude Perfect or Tim Tebow brings out the defenders in droves.

I have no idea what their religious angle is and don't really care. I've never watched their show and only seen a few of the videos overall. I just blows my mind that some people are trashing them.
Sean98
AG
No one is trashing them. No one said they were bad people. I just questioned the fascination. Their videos strike me as spoiled rich kids playing on toys on Daddy's ranch, so I was curious as to whether this was a millennial thing. I still think that's unclear although some old farts (ie, people my age) have come to their defense so maybe not. I don't get it, but more power to them.

I'm not saying they aren't talented, I just don't see any particular value in their talent. For the record I feel the same way about basketball. Until LeBron starts playing tight end for an NFL team I will not understand why he has money.

To paraphrase Dr. Sheldon Cooper, "I never said you weren't good at what you do. ...its just that what you do isn't worth doing."
Credible Source
AG
quote:
These guys annoy the fuuudge out of me. Is it a generational thing or am I just an ass?

Ass
CrockerCock00
AG
quote:
I'm not saying they aren't talented, I just don't see any particular value in their talent.

quote:
$285.5K - $4.6M ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS

I'd say they've found value in their talent.
agchino
AG
quote:
Their videos strike me as spoiled rich kids playing on toys on Daddy's ranch, so I was curious as to whether this was a millennial thing.

I think the difference here is that they are self made rich kids playing with toys on their own ranch, that they bought with youtube money.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
I usually enjoy most of their videos, but throwing shotguns and shooting them in the water to move a kayak just seems a little unsafe.

Firearms are firearms and need to be treated as so. All it takes is that one slip up. We preach and talk this all the time on this board.

I am sure they were safe and double checked things I hope. They just did not show that part and just promoted using a shotgun and throwing it to your friend to shoot. I just do not like this video.
To be fair, I don't believe any of the shotguns they were throwing around were loaded. I didn't watch that intently, but I'm pretty sure they also threw the shell along w/ the shotgun and loaded it prior to shooting.
drummer0415
AG
quote:
Their videos strike me as spoiled rich kids playing on toys on Daddy's ranch, so I was curious as to whether this was a millennial thing. I still think that's unclear although some old farts (ie, people my age) have come to their defense so maybe not. I don't get it, but more power to them.

1) You must have serious daddy issues. I'm pretty sure you think every male on the face of the planet that's semi successful in life is just a spoiled rich kid playing with daddy's money. Except for you, of course.

2)I'm pretty sure you hate every human being younger than you.

3) I'm pretty sure you hate everybody.

Sean98
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm not saying they aren't talented, I just don't see any particular value in their talent.

quote:
$285.5K - $4.6M ESTIMATED YEARLY EARNINGS

I'd say they've found value in their talent
I guess Rick Perry is following their lead too...

Rick Perry to Join Dancing With the Stars

Good for him. Good for them. They are all monetizing their talent. I'm sure he'll bring lots of additional attention to A&M as well, as he has for years.

The good news for DP is I'd much rather have their attention than the attention that 'ole Rick has given us the past 20 years.
chase128
AG
They've got that show on CMT now and I can't keep up with how many phone game apps they've got their name on. Mike Rowe even featured them on one of his shows.

It's pretty cool to see how they took something as silly as trick shot videos and turned it into a business. Most of their videos have 5mil to 10mil views. Some even have 20mil +

Lighten up, Sean, haha!
BaitShack
AG
I have almost a thousand views on my bats at Kyle Field video.

Hoss
AG
quote:
I kept expecting a "do not try this at home kids" message
It was at the end in big bold letters.

I like them. I can't think of a single video I've ever watched of them that I didn't find entertaining.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
I agree they are over the top, but the schtick is clearly working for them and some of the stuff they pull off is impress no matter how many tries it takes

But what I've heard in the last 10 posts or so... Shouldn't that apply to Luke Bryan too? But we hand a multi page post bashing him just a few spots down. He found a schtick to make money, is talking about hunting and fishing... But we hate him but like these guys?
Nobody hates Luke Bryan for making money. Most of us are envious of the method in which he makes money and the quantity of money he makes.

What we hate is the system that allows Luke Bryan to make money because he is a no talent ass clown and his ilk have destroyed country music. And we hate the fact that there are idiots out there that actually make it so that no talent ass clowns can make as much money as he does.
PrestigeWW
AG
quote:
No one is trashing them. No one said they were bad people. I just questioned the fascination. Their videos strike me as spoiled rich kids playing on toys on Daddy's ranch, so I was curious as to whether this was a millennial thing. I still think that's unclear although some old farts (ie, people my age) have come to their defense so maybe not. I don't get it, but more power to them.

I'm not saying they aren't talented, I just don't see any particular value in their talent. For the record I feel the same way about basketball. Until LeBron starts playing tight end for an NFL team I will not understand why he has money.

To paraphrase Dr. Sheldon Cooper, "I never said you weren't good at what you do. ...its just that what you do isn't worth doing."
Id say the same thing about the Big Bang Theory
HookThis
AG
Let's open the actions on those guns and watch where we point them when we celebrate
Sean98
AG
quote:
I respectfully disagree...

suprafly03
AG
I'd Big Bang her....without the boy haircut.
Ragoo
AG
Living the dream. I hope they continue making these videos. I enjoy their passion for entertainment and the true joy they have hanging out with each other. Hell, I have often think about ways to monetize the times I hang out with my bros. Lord knows if I could get paid to do that i would in a heart beat.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
quote:

As a real PhD scientist, something about trotting out some fairy to play a PhD scientist just doesn't sit right with me.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.