Outdoors
Sponsored by

Shotgun Trick Shots -- Dude Perfect

11,462 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sean98
AZAG08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BCO07
AG
Looks like fun. They stole the "put weird stuff in a shell" bit from demolition ranch. On an aside, that guy has to at least lurk here.
TX_AG_10
AG
To be fair, they said "Shout out to Demolition Ranch" right under the title to the Crazy Ammo section.
Sean98
AG
These guys annoy the fuuudge out of me. Is it a generational thing or am I just an ass?
AggieGunslinger
AG
If I made the kind of money doing what they do, I would be unreasonably excited all the time too. I am also pretty sure that kayak isn't as water tight as when they started.
Sean98
AG
I guess my question is... Why do they get money from it? Is this like virtual YouTube Monopoly money? Why would anyone pay them for throwing a basketball off Kyle Field? Or acting out "slow pitch softball stereotypes?" Better question, who the F let them in the stadium in the first place?
agfan2013
AG
quote:
I guess my question is... Why do they get money from it? Is this like virtual YouTube Monopoly money? Why would anyone pay them for throwing a basketball off Kyle Field? Or acting out "slow pitch softball stereotypes?" Better question, who the F let them in the stadium in the first place?
You are literally the definition of old man yells at cloud, but here it goes: Advertising.

They get paid per so many views on the YouTube channel, a TV show on some channel I can't remember, and several sponsors that lay them money to use their products in the videos. Yes they are a bit over the top, but I probably have a lot of fun and be goofy too if I was paid a lot of money to just jack around all day and make ridiculous basketball shots.
AggieChemist
AG
I enjoy the videos. The guys are a little boisterous for my taste, but I attribute that to being full of piss and vinegar. They, by all accounts, seem like quality young men who keep their noses clean and have some charitable goals. I think they are pretty good ambassadors for A&M.

Youtube pays around $2,000 for a million views. These guys videos have something close to a billion views, so they've made a couple million bucks off of youtube.

That ain't bad for throwing balls off the top of Kyle.
suprafly03
AG
Kinda cool!
BCO07
AG
Missed that
BCO07
AG
I agree they are over the top, but the schtick is clearly working for them and some of the stuff they pull off is impress no matter how many tries it takes
AustinCountyAg
quote:
These guys annoy the fuuudge out of me. Is it a generational thing or am I just an ass?
I agree
rtsingleton
AG
Nerf also came out with a dude perfect toy line.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I have no idea how these guy can annoy anyone who watches any hunting show on TV.
AZAG08
AG
They are a little over the top for me usually, but it's what help sell the toys, apps, clothes, and everything else with their name on it.

I applaud them for finding something that will pay them to keep doing what they were doing while goofing off in college--we should all be so lucky

TwoMarksHand
AG
EDIT WRONG THUMBS!
TwoMarksHand
AG
Young kids love, love Dude Perfect. Some of my football players (5th & 6th graders) always think that I know them because I went to A&M.

The biggest reason I think this video is cool, is because some youngsters may get interested now in guns and shooting sports. It may seem like a stretch, but they are so dang impressionable. Especially when they think Dude Perfect is the coolest guys on YouTube.

Sean98
AG
quote:
I agree they are over the top, but the schtick is clearly working for them and some of the stuff they pull off is impress no matter how many tries it takes

But what I've heard in the last 10 posts or so... Shouldn't that apply to Luke Bryan too? But we hand a multi page post bashing him just a few spots down. He found a schtick to make money, is talking about hunting and fishing... But we hate him but like these guys?
AZAG08
AG
Don't you bring logic into this!
AZAG08
AG
But yes, you are right Sean -- the argument should hold up for both
hurleyag
AG
Whatever you do, don't point out that they did a video with Luke also.
Sean98
AG
...and FWIW I don't hate them but they've jumped the shark for me. And did so about 4 or 5 years ago.

Also impressed people actually get paid for you tube. I learn something new every day.
AZAG08
AG
I don't fully understand how the youtube and getting paid part works

I get what Chemist said about X views = Y dollars, but if I post a video and it gets 10M views I doubt a check just shows up at my house
BCO07
AG
quote:
quote:

But what I've heard in the last 10 posts or so... Shouldn't that apply to Luke Bryan too? But we hand a multi page post bashing him just a few spots down. He found a schtick to make money, is talking about hunting and fishing... But we hate him but like these guys?

I don't disagree with the premise, but at least these guys can be entertaining as long as they are mute. Luke Bryan has 0 redeeming qualities
Slided bread
AG
Definitely over the top, but it all plays into their bit. The majority of the audience for these guys is 6-13 year old boys who think this type of stuff is awesome, and celebrations etc adds to the hype.

I've met a couple of these guys, and while they're excitable to begin with, I think it's all part of their routine... Honestly I think they're pretty smart for knowing their audience and playing to it.
rtsingleton
AG
You set up ads before your video. The more people watch the ad, the more dollars.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
This doesn't surprise me one bit.
BayAg14
This website estimates how much they make off of their channel.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/corycotton
jpc08
AG
quote:
I don't fully understand how the youtube and getting paid part works

I get what Chemist said about X views = Y dollars, but if I post a video and it gets 10M views I doubt a check just shows up at my house
You have to sign up to monetize your content, meaning agree to let youtube play adds before your videos and sign their T&C's. You then will get a split of the advertising dollars youtube earns off that video or videos. I think youtube takes about 45% and you get the rest. The money earned is based on number of people that click the advertisement, number of people that watch the full ad without skipping, and many other factors.

It's pretty amazing the amount of money some of the top youtube channels make. People are making millions of dollars doing a home cooking show, or reviewing toys, or playing video games. And companies will pay to advertise on those videos because they get millions of views daily.
BrazosDog02
AG
Dude...the excitement is probably 100% legit. I consider myself a reasonable shot with a shotgun, but im not sure how many tries it would take me to hit 7 targets while bending over backwards. I would be pretty GD excited when I got it.

This leads me to my next question...I wonder how many tries they have to make for these shots? I enjoy their videos, myself.
Centerpole90
AG
Just like jpc08 said in the previous reply - you have to sign up to monetize the content. I somehow ended up with about 3 videos on an old account that have between a measly 60-100k views. Back when they were newer and those views were racking up youtube started soliciting me to sign up so they could 'make me money'. Of course I ignored it. You know, not selling out and stuff. Can't buy me with $0.75 youtube!
AZAG08
AG
quote:
Just like jpc08 said in the previous reply - you have to sign up to monetize the content. I somehow ended up with about 3 videos on an old account that have between a measly 60-100k views. Back when they were newer and those views were racking up youtube started soliciting me to sign up so they could 'make me money'. Of course I ignored it. You know, not selling out and stuff. Can't buy me with $0.75 youtube!
Way to stay strong!
Sean98
AG
Don't give him too much praise. Now that he's got a drone, a selfie stick, and has successfully jumped 2 tarpon he'll probably be signing up this afternoon.
Centerpole90
AG
No way man.

I'm holding out for a kenny chesney video.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:

YouTube hits + advertisers = revenue for the YouTube channel: Monetize your YouTube channel

It's like the Instagram models who can make a ton of money by posting with whatever retail product and all the slobs following them: 9 Ways To Make Money On Instagram
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.