Outdoors
Sponsored by

Puncture proofing polaris ranger tires

7,254 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HCHunter
JHShipley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs for something to put in ranger tires to avoid puncture by mesquite thorns, sticks etc? Driving in SoTX brush country.
BurnetAggie99
http://www.tireballs.com/pages/about

Also can buy Airless Terrain Armor tires
Deerdude
Interesting. I run Slime, but first freeze kills it and you have to start over with it.
Doc Hayworth
They used to have some stuff we used out in west Texas called gorilla blood in 5 gallon containers. We would put 3 full pumps from the charge unit into each tire. If we ever started getting a flat we wod stick a mesquite thorn in the hole and it would seal off the leak.
BrazosDog02
AG
I think our deer lease trucks must have had about a gallon of slime in each tire. Lol. Never had a problem with freezing in them and they lived in Uvalde.
snowaggie
Used to get flat tires on my mountain bike until I got special tires that are kevlar-lined. Don't know if they make the same for atv tires, but for a bike it's a sound, working concept.
Allen76
AG
quote:
Used to get flat tires on my mountain bike until I got special tires that are kevlar-lined. Don't know if they make the same for atv tires, but for a bike it's a sound, working concept.
Yes they make them.... all over the internet..... the question is does anyone on here have them or any experience with kevlar ATV tires?

BTW---there is a ton of stuff about the tire balls. Some people even make their own using swimming pool noodles!
Brush Country Ag
AG
Get some sealant called "Multiseal". John Deere dealers carry it. I live in the brush country and found it works best short of foaming tires.
shalackin
AG
i use multiseal too. the demos are insane. slime only lasts for a year or so, multiseal supposedly lasts forever. not sure I completely believe forever, but it certainly lasts a long time. I ran my ranger in llano over cactus and mesquite and had no issues. its expensive though.
markjharris
Thanks for mentioning Tire Balls in your text. Check us out at www.tireballs.com and hopefully we can help with your flat tires off-roading.
markjharris
Thanks BurnetAggie99 for the mention. Wondering why everyone is checking out our website from an Aggies forum.
HCHunter
S
Essex Sure Foot Kevlar tires are the only way to go. We have them on all four Rangers and they will not let you down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.