Outdoors
Sponsored by

Another tale from the gun store!

5,915 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BlackGoldAg2011
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Meant to post this last week, but we've been busy.

Gentleman walked in and we talked for a bit about guns. Go figure. After discussing a few things, he looks at me and asks, "Have you ever seen anything in the woods you can't explain?"

Oh boy.

"Honestly, no I haven't. I'm assuming you have?"

He pauses a moment and asks, "Well, do you believe there are things out there that you don't understand?"

Yep, we have a live one. I can't resist, I must know. I'm betting alien abduction. Possibly even met Michael Jackson while he was on the ship.

"I keep a very open mind about things in this world. I'm curious about what you saw."

He looks at me a bit, I can see he's trying to figure out if he can trust me. His face relaxes and I realize that I've passed the test. Score.

"I met my best friend while hunting at a National Forest about twenty years ago. He walked up to camp with a handful of dirty rice and asked, 'Is anyone hungry?' We made fast friends and have been hunting buddies ever since."

Yep. Got drunk. Maybe rice man drugged him. He hallucinated. That's when the anal probe happened.

"Well, a group of us were hunting and we hear the blood curdling scream. Something not human. Then a very large rock rolled past our camp."

I'm wrong. Dead wrong. It's a bigfoot.

"We all got our guns and looked up the hill, and there's a creature, taller than any man I've seen, hulking and looking at us. Angry. Eyes on fire."

Just tell me it's a bigfoot.

"We don't shoot it because we just didn't know what it was..."

Ok...

"Then another time... I was out deer hunting. In a stand. 12 feet in the air. Out of the blue, I feel something pulling on my foot. Pulling hard."

Will you please just admit you're talking about bigfoot here?

"I look down, and there he is again. I pulled out my pistol and thought not to shoot him."

Dude, why oh why would you not shoot this thing? It's got your leg, dragging your ass out of a tree stand and you actively think, I'm not going to shoot him? Also, you still haven't admitted it's bigfoot. Just say it. You and I both know that's what you're talking about.

Takes me a second, but I have to ask, "Well, why didn't you shoot him?"

"Well, I was going to. But then I thought, what was bigfoot's brother or dad going to do? Might not be the best idea."

FINALLY! YOU ADMIT IT!

"We do have a lot of track imprints and the like. Took several molds. Hair samples."

It kind of trailed off from there. I really think I need to have a film crew in here, at times. This stuff is just gold.
dubi
Blane
Crazy is everywhere
AGnBigD
AG
I love the little tidbits that you add to the story.
ursusguy
GarryowenAg
AG
Wooooowwww... I wish I could witness these on occasion
TheVarian
AG
These people vote...
Gator2_01
AG
quote:
These people vote Republican

FIFY
ursusguy
javajaws
AG
I'd like to go camping with EyeGuy and hear him tell ghost stories around the campfire.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
quote:
These people vote Republican

FIFY

Clearly not. Look who's still in office.
Txgunrnnr
AG
He must have just watched "Harry and the Henderson's".
TwoMarksHand
AG
I would have loved to been there
Trigger06
AG
Eyeguy, I know this thread is intended to be in jest, but this brings up a point. If you've got a guy in your shop like that who is obviously a little bit off, would you sell him a gun? Just curious.
Log
AG
http://bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=tx&county=Montgomery
Micky80
AG
In the late 70s my younger brother came back to camp after an evening hunt and told a wild story. He claimed to have seen a man like creature with long arms long and reddish brown hair that covered it's body. He moved closer to get a better look.

As he was moving among the cedars, this creature spotted him from about 100 yards. It was in a cedar tree and was shaking limbs with both "hands", while showing it's teeth. My brother raised his rifle to look through the scope, and could not believe what he was seeing. He could not see all of the body, only upper torso and head.

He got spooked and decided to get the heck out of there. We all were laughing at his tall talel, when the land owner drove up. Come to find out, a neighbor had an orangutan that had got loose at some point. They never found the orangutan, as far as we know. But, my brother said that was what he saw that evening.
AgEng06
ursusguy
AG
Each year the Texas Bigfoot group tries to get a TPWD biologist to come out and "verify" their findings.......nope, not happening.
FullDraw
AG
Coast to coast with.... EyeGuy.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Coast to coast with.... EyeGuy.

Love that show
coppag92
AG
quote:
I really think I need to have a film crew in here, at times. This stuff is just gold.

Security cameras (in color of course). Set them up and not only use for security purposes but after some nutcase like this leaves the store, go pull the video so you can post.

P.S. yeah, you have guys that walk in the store a few beers shy of a complete 6-pack and they want to buy a gun and you sell it to them? Is there a rule of thumb or something?
Kenneth_2003
AG
You really need to steer these guys away from guns and instead push them towards used tool boxes!
The Fife
For some reason I hear this story with the voice of this guy from Pawn Stars, probably because people show up and tell him all kinds of BSC stories too.

malenurse
AG
I personally saw bigfoot walking his pet black panther in Cullinan Park in Sugar Land last weekend. I took a bunch of photos with my Iphone but got excited and dropped it in the water and all the photos were lost.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Eyeguy since you are in Katy...
The closest thing I have ever had similar to a "bigfoot" sighting was a huge snake that was well over 10' long in the rice well canals on Roesner Road and Ft Bend County Katy Gap road back in the 1980s. It was bigger around than my arm and strangling carp in the large pool. I saw it a second time completely out of the water and it was freaking huge. As it must have been an escaped boa, my .22 caliber Benjamin produced no results either time.
CS78
I thought I could trust you!
trip
AG
Did you sell him a Bigfoot gun?
BrazosDog02
AG
Im going to go back to EyeGuy's shop and just pull up a chair and sit in the corner. He can just tell people Im security or something. I want to hear and witness a crazy in real time.
Spotted Ag
AG
Eyeguy, I told you that story in confidence!!!!!!!!!!! Gees, can't trust ANYONE to keep their mouth shut!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Eyeguy, I told you that story in confidence!!!!!!!!!!! Gees, can't trust ANYONE to keep their mouth shut!
Just be glad I didn't tell them the story about what happened when the female bigfoot invaded your sleeping bag....
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
I really think I need to have a film crew in here, at times. This stuff is just gold.

Here's what you do, buy a dropcam or some other camera and set it up on a shelf behind a register. Then when you hear the crazy babble start walk over near it like you need to wipe down the counter or something. Boom.
Tagguy
AG
I don't know anyone who owns or works at a gun shop who doesn't have a hundred ridiculous stories like this or other off the wall things.

Please share more
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'm definitely writing these down and will share as time goes on. I hope to have about 40 or 50 to put into a book in a few years
Spotted Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Just be glad I didn't tell them the story about what happened when the female bigfoot invaded your sleeping bag....
Definitely gave the definition of "screamer" a run for it's money that night!
agingcowboy
AG
If you are hunting and an 8 foot tall hairy beast creeps on you so thoroughly that it actually has to pull on your foot before you notice it, then perhaps hunting isn't for you. And if it did happen I certainly wouldn't admit it to anyone.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.