Outdoors
Sponsored by

Apparently there's a cobra on the loose in my hotel

27,713 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by eric76
MagnumLoad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which hotel is that, so I can put it on my never frequent list?

Any venomous snake I find is dead; any snake I am not certain is non-venomous is dead; sometimes non-venomous snakes I find are dead if they are in the wrong place (around my wife) or they piss me off.

Edited to add F snakes.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
That footage of the dude slapping the cobra is a classic. Here's another "how do you walk with balls that big?" moment but from Australia. A brown snake (one of the deadliest snakes in the world) had slithered up near a walkway. This old man is headed to the restroom and ain't got no time to go around or for the snakes' bull****.

Link to video
bmc13
AG
quote:
I know a guy who's deathly afraid of snakes that found one in his apartment in Pullman, WA. He didn't know what kind of snake it was when he saw it. It started slithering away and he stomped on the ground to get it to stop. Sucker rose up with a hood and he started screaming like a little girl. Neighbor came and caught it and they called the cops. Cops went door to door and a neighbor claimed it and said it was missing 2 months. He promptly moved out.
carpe vinum
AG
Too bad you couldn't pull the Blue Bell investigation in Brenham instead of freakin ebola.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
That footage of the dude slapping the cobra is a classic. Here's another "how do you walk with balls that big?" moment but from Australia. A brown snake (one of the deadliest snakes in the world) had slithered up near a walkway. This old man is headed to the restroom and ain't got no time to go around or for the snakes' bull****.

Link to video
awesome
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Link to video
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Apparently there's a cobra on the loose in my hotel

Down in these here parts we call that Mississippi Black Snake

Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. I tried that. TexAgs doesn't like Hindi.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:

Link to video
schmendeler
AG
I want to know what those birds were gonna do. they were gathering around like they wanted to move in for the kill.
carpe vinum
AG
tx4guns
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
I'm pretty tolerant of snakes, enjoy them even (and can even identify them), and make fun of a lot of you nancy-boys that piss your pants at the sight of a rough earth snake.

That being said, Gaboons and mambas give me the willies. Gaboons because they just sit there and hit you massively with no warning (and good luck seeing them beforehand), and mambas because, well, they are the perpetually pissed off *******s of the snake world. They chase your arse down out of spite and just because they can. And then hit you about 10 times, even though they know once is more than enough.

Ditto
Potcake
AG
quote:

How much are that guy's insurance premiums?
Potcake
AG
quote:
I am currently in the hottest hotzone in SL on the border with Guinea. I had a crazy 3 hour drive across the country this afternoon in the landrover. Saw some of the poorest people on the planet. I am sitting in a hospital that I had to have a fever check and wash my hands in bleach to gain entrance.

Go home tonight, hug your kids, and thank God that you live in the greatest country in the history of the world.

Also, I saw a herd of giant eland. That was pretty much awesome, and is far and away the high point of a very sobering day thus far.

Be safe, you're doing a great thing.
HookThis
AG
quote:

Link to video

that old man lost his wallet
FCBlitz
I am at a job site in Vietnam. So a snake hauling ass with some Vietnamese in tow. The snake went under some connex boxes and disappeared. They said it was a cobra.
Now I hate walking thru brush around the site.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
So a snake hauling ass with some Vietnamese in tow.
In my head this is hilarious. Some big ass snake dragging some dude under a truck while he is screaming...
Ol Jock 99
AG
AC, if you have a chance, I'd love a report on what you are doing.
ursusguy
AG
Looking over the WHO snake list for Sierra Leone, AC needs to find a boomslang.
aggiesq
AG
quote:
quote:

"Stupid SOB!"
fixed
carpe vinum
AG
For your nightmares

agsalaska
AG
OK. This thread is officially removed from my watchlist.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If I directly reply to you on it does it draw you back?
Cole97
AG
LOL!!!
bmc13
AG
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7119400
Stive
AG
quote:
Looking over the WHO snake list for Sierra Leone, AC needs to find a boomslang.
And why would he need to do that???
ursusguy
AG
PIctures
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
quote:
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7119400

Chetos
AG
quote:
I am currently in the hottest hotzone in SL on the border with Guinea. I had a crazy 3 hour drive across the country this afternoon in the landrover. Saw some of the poorest people on the planet. I am sitting in a hospital that I had to have a fever check and wash my hands in bleach to gain entrance.

Go home tonight, hug your kids, and thank God that you live in the greatest country in the history of the world.

Also, I saw a herd of giant eland. That was pretty much awesome, and is far and away the high point of a very sobering day thus far.
Had to google eland... What an awesome beast

AggieChemist
AG

ursusguy
AG
That brings it back to reality. Stay safe as you can.
carpe vinum
AG
Are those vultures sitting in the tree?
Sean98
AG
quote:
That brings it back to reality. Stay safe as you can.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
I am at a job site in Vietnam. So a snake hauling ass with some Vietnamese in tow. The snake went under some connex boxes and disappeared. They said it was a cobra.
Now I hate walking thru brush around the site.
My dad always said the kraits were the ones to fear over there. They called them "one steppers". If bitten, you took a step away, lit a cigarette, and waited to die.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.