Outdoors
Sponsored by

Help Finding a Vehicle with Partial Tag Number

32,410 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by neutrino
Hoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On two occasions I've seen a light blue four door Jeep Wrangler with a couple inside paying too much attention to me. The first time they were parked down the street from my house and when I noticed them they drove away. Yesterday I was parked at the rec center in my neighborhood and the same Jeep and couple showed up. I noticed them and watched as they circled around slow a couple of times and then positioned themselves behind me and started taking pictures of the back of my truck. I got out to try and talk to them and they sped off. I managed to get a partial license plate. The first three letters are DTT. I didn't get the rest. They're likely registered in Round Rock or Georgetown.

Any TexAgs folks with connections willing to help me find them? I'd really like to know who they are and why they have an interest in me and my truck...or at least figure out where they live so I can turn it over to law enforcement if they become a problem.

I know that isn't much to go on but I'm hoping someone can help.
Bottlerocket
AG
that is weird. Hope someone can help you out
TxAgClif00
AG
Post this on Automotive Board. There might be some people over there who can help.
cplatt
No help on the plate, but if you see them again and can safely do so, take as many pics of the vehicle and the people as you can. That may help if it continues to be an issue.
ag92tx
Set up a game camera under your mailbox
Hoss
AG
Just in case they kill me...

Driver was a white male probably early to mid 40's with brown hair and a beard. Appeared to be medium build with a bit of a beer belly. Was wearing a Longhorn sweatshirt.

Passenger was a white female probably mid to late 30's. She had pale skin with long dark hair and big blue-ish eyes. She appeared to be what I'd consider medium/average build for a female.

Jeep was four door, I think, but may have been two door. Light blue. Hard top. Fairly late year model but I don't know Jeeps so I'm not certain. It had road grime from recent rains. Wheels were probably stock aluminum with fairly worn all terrain tires (maybe BFG). No tint on the windows.

I don't ACTUALLY think they're going to kill me, but maybe something I said will help narrow a search down if there's someone willing to help me.
ursusguy
AG
Bad PI, expect a summons shortly.
Hoss
AG
quote:
Bad PI, expect a summons shortly.

The thought crossed my mind!
Hoss
AG
quote:
No help on the plate, but if you see them again and can safely do so, take as many pics of the vehicle and the people as you can. That may help if it continues to be an issue.

That's my plan, assuming I see them again.
EMY92
AG
Post it on the Auto board. 1ags will find the owner, his address, his employer, all of his social media postings, and then the same on the woman.
Hoss
AG
Done. Thanks for the recommendation.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Link to the auto board thread

http://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2605193
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
You need to give me 1 or 2 more numbers,

3 out of 7 means 10,000 different vehicles.
clem93
AG
Hoss, I need an email because I cannot PM you.
SouthparkKenny
quote:

11,228 on the DMV database

I'm try to cross check that with a Jeep.
clem93
AG
I found one Round Rock Blue Jeep Wrangler.
jakeaggie84
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
Hoss
AG
quote:
I found one Round Rock Blue Jeep Wrangler.

You people are awesome.

If I see them again and can get the rest of the plate number then I'll post it. Or maybe the one clem found is my guy.
Centerpole90
AG
Keep a sharp eye out Hoss. You've got the potential to run the board for a few days with this- milk it for all it's worth. Be safe and alert, you're in charge of Friday entertainment.

And because it hasn't been said yet; Rule 1 on the blonde.
FSGuide
I'll see what I can do about searching the plate while I'm working on other databases this morning. How many characters on the license plate, 6 or 7? This will help with my wild card search.

Were they using cell phones to take pics of your truck or were they using actual cameras / video cameras?
FSGuide
quote:
quote:

11,228 on the DMV database

I'm try to cross check that with a Jeep.

My database lets me enter a make in the initial search for wildcard plates. I can't imagine all the time that has saved me over the years by not having to go through and cross check for certain makes.
KW02
AG
I found 2 blue Jeeps in Round Rock that start with DTT but they are both 2 door.

There are 2 4 door black ones and a green one in Round Rock as well.

Any guess as to the year? Any idea of the model Wrangler it is (Sahara, Unlimited, Rubicon)?
Hoss
AG
quote:
I'll see what I can do about searching the plate while I'm working on other databases this morning. How many characters on the license plate, 6 or 7? This will help with my wild card search.

Were they using cell phones to take pics of your truck or were they using actual cameras / video cameras?

I don't know if it was 6 or 7 digits. They were speeding away and I was waving trying to get them to stop. I didn't really even think to get the plate number, but I can still visualize their rear plate next to the spare tire and the first three were DTT.

The driver was using his cellphone to take pics. That's why I don't think this was a PI (plus I have no reason for a PI to be watching me).

Clem93 sent me one that has potential. It's a jeep in my subdivision and the pic of the guy could easily be the same guy. The woman I saw was younger and thinner than the pic of the guy's wife Clem sent me, but I'm going to drive by after work today and see if it's the same jeep.

I'll report back.
Hoss
AG
quote:
I found 2 blue Jeeps in Round Rock that start with DTT but they are both 2 door.

Any guess as to the year? Any idea of the model Wrangler it is (Sahara, Unlimited, Rubicon)?

I actually think it was a two door. I said four door initially, but as I'm visualizing it in my mind I'm pretty sure it was two.

As to the year and model, I'm not that familiar with Jeeps so it's hard to say.
Centerpole90
confucius_ag
Centerpole90
AG
Be careful Hoss, might be dealing with swingers.
Hoss
AG
The one Clem93 sent me was a 1998 model Jeep Wrangler. I Googled that and found a few pics. I can't say for sure that it was this exact model, but it easily could be and was definitely this color....

And the wheels looked like the ones in this pic...

SouthparkKenny
sts7049
Towns03
AG
some lady side-swiped my wife on the I-10 a few months ago. with only three digits from the plates and no solid model on the car we let it go. Now I'm sorry I didn't bring Texags into it...

go get that wrangler!
taquache02
CharlieBrown17
Hoss
AG
quote:

Any chance you could send me the two you found? I suspect one of them may be the same on that Clem93 sent me, but if there's another I'd like to check it as well.

Thanks!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.