Outdoors
Sponsored by

Cartels buying up Texas ranch land?

14,798 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Urban Ag
SanAntoneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I don't know about ranches, but the FBI confirmed the cartels were buying homes in The Dominion (wealthy suburb neighborhood in SA where David Robinson lives) and then selling them as part of money laundering.

They weren't selling drugs out if them. Just converting dirty cash to clean. They were paying people (whites) to look respectable, go to a job every day, and keep appearances up until they could flip them.

Five O sold his Dominion home. Lives in Shavano Park now.

Dirty Mexican money has been used to purchase homes and businesses in Stone Oak, according to the newspaper.
Centerpole90
AG
Ya'll be careful. Poking around this topic hasn't gone so well for Daniel Frye and Adrianna. It damn sure didn't go good for Charolette Millwright.
FSGuide
Centerpole I just got current with that series last night. It's no Breaking Bad but it's pretty decent.
TexasRebel
AG
I'm not too worried about it. I'm very good about watching my ba...
Yuccadoo
Wait until the Sultan of Brunei steps into Texas Real Estate.
Urban Ag
AG
Our ranch is in San Saba Co.

10 years ago, every neighbor we had (about 9 ranches touch our fencelines) were old families that had been in the area for decades, some 100+ years. Fast forward, half our neighbors are O&G guys or rich business owners. If I stand on my porch and look across the way I can see 8 big ass homes on ranches that did not exist 10 years ago.

None of them are cartel. They are rich Texans from Dallas, Austin, Houston, etc that want ranch property and an escape valve outside the cities.

Property out there has tripled in the last 10-12 years but its not from the cartels buying it up.

Not that I am downplaying the cartels, they need to all die.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.