Outdoors
Sponsored by

Odd and creepy outdoor stories

43,259 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SteveBott
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

True story.

My friend and I were fishing at 3 mile dam on the Blanco River in San Marcos at night. This car drives up and watches us for a while. This fat guy gets out with his fishing rod and a small tackle box and proceeds to walk to us.
My friend and I were sitting in chairs and the guy asks us if we had caught anything. We said no.

I knew something was not right and I stood up out of my chair to face him. I also noticed that his tackle box was making no noise when he was swinging it. Also no hook on his rod.
The guy then proceeds to tell us he lives in the apartments by the Freeway and is looking for some "friends". By this time my friend gets up and we ask him to leave. He walks away and gets in his car but does not drive off.

After about 20 minutes he drives off.

Told my friend I think we just got jacked off to.

We left and immediately told out wives that we needed a hug and a screw.
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
Told my friend I think we just got jacked off too.
PharmD4
AG
Yeah... too =/= to. One 'o' makes a lot of difference on this context.

I wonder if he was dove hunting in Collin county recently...
ursusguy
Log
AG
Difference is, that guy actually shot something.
texican08
Phil Garner
quote:

We left and immediately told out wives that we needed a hug and a screw.

So, some random dude whacked it, which turned you guys on, leading to you and your partner (fishing) having a foursome with your wives. Got it. That is strange.
The Fall Guy
AG
Did not turn us on. Just needed reassuring of our manhood after we were used.

Yes the Colin county dove hunt thread inspired this thread. The hunter probably got off watching the others hunt
FSGuide
This happened outdoors:

These two fellers were a standin on a bridge going to the bathroom. One feller says the water is cold. The other feller says the water is deep. I believe one of them fellers was from Arkansas. MMMMMM, HHMMMMM.

You know you read it in his voice.
Centerpole90
AG
quote:

Most awesome homophone confusion evar.
agenjake
My PaPa grew up on the Cibolo Creek in the tiny town of Panna Maria. He swore up and down until the day he died that, as a kid, when he would walk back to the house at night from fishing on the creek, a floating green light would follow him home.
agenjake
And one of my own...

Back in 2003 or so, three of us decided one evening to drive down and fish somewhere near Freeport/Galveston. It's damn near midnight before we get to the island, and it is completely foggy- can't see a thing.

We were driving up and down the road looking for a pier (so foggy we drove past it twice without seeing it). Randomly, we turn on a dirt road on the bay side. As we pull closer to the water, the only thing we see in the glow of the headlights is an empty wheelchair at the edge of the water, facing the water. The combination of the fog, the solitude, the possibility of someone being out there, and being in a place we've never been made the situation creepy as hell. We idled for a second, and my best friend says, "do you think we should check?" My answer was something along the lines of- "eff that", and we did a 180 and hauled ass out of there. It felt like we were in the opening scenes of an 80's horror flick.

We finally found the pier, and the next day we proceeded to see about 1/10 fisherman pushing all their tackle down the pier in empty wheelchairs. We had a good laugh at that point.
raidernarizona
quote:
These two fellers were a standin on a bridge going to the bathroom. One feller says the water is cold. The other feller says the water is deep. I believe one of them fellers was from Arkansas. MMMMMM, HHMMMMM

The Fall Guy
AG
Yea the empty wheelchair would creep me out. Thinking the gut committed suicide or something
IDAGG
AG
Many moons ago I went camping with my brother. We were running late and pulled into a national forest campground well after dark. The campground was completely empty. We start pitching our tent in the light of our car headlights. We are putting the finishing touches on the tent when in the tree line by our campsite we hear: CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH like footsteps in the dead leaves. Then the sound of a tree falling. We look at each other and say "let's GTFO of here!". We unpitched our tent in about 20 seconds, jumped in the car and sped out of there.

To this day I have no idea what happened. We were both seriously freaked for an hour or so. It was THAT creepy. Deer? Bear? Guy with a hockey mask and chainsaw? I have no idea. But that may be the most freaked out I have ever been.
gsp_hunt
During an internship in the early 90's I had an internship With the USDA NRCS doing soil surveying. I was in Angelina National Forest, 10 miles from any paved road. I had driven my gov truck as far as i could off the forest service road on to a dim road. Dim road ran out, so I was about to get out and unload the 4 wheeler.

I look out the window and see a tall, skinny black guy with a huge matted afro 30 yards from me. All he was wearing was a torn up pair of jeans. About all that was left were the seams. He appeared to live in the woods/off the land. Scared the chit out of me. No words were exchanged. He just stared at me as he walked by.

I left some blankets, jeans, socks and a worn out pair of work boots next time out in that area. Next trip, the items were gone. Talk about living off the grid!!!!!
GatorAg03
AG
This thread started out rough, but is gaining traction.

When I was a kid I went over to a friends house for a weekend (two night) campout. We were probably 10 or 11 years old and it was our first time tent camping on our own. The house was about a half mile at most from where we were camping. We were down by the creek and there were a bunch of woods around us and no other houses within a mile or so. We had just finished putting out the camp fire and had laid down to get ready to go to sleep.

We still had a flashlight on in the tent. We look up and see two hands pressing down from outside of the tent. We are obviously freaked out and are flailing/pushing/punching at the object and I actually remember making solid contact. We unzip the tent expecting to be grabbed, but see or hear nothing. We didn't wait around to find out though, we proceeded to sprint as fast as a 10 year old can run back to the house. My friends older brother and dad both claim it wasn't them. Needless to say we stay in the house that night. The next night we are catfishing right at dusk at their pond. Across the pond, we see some dude just staring at us in the bushes. We again high tail it back to the house. To this day, I have no idea what the hell was going on. Apparently they had a creepy old man neighbor, so that was my friend's best guess. We never camped back there again. I think someone was just jacking with us, because we would have been easy targets had they actually intended to do us harm. Either way, not a fun first alone camping experience, but I'll never forget it.
MasterAggie
AG
Guess this qualifies as outdoors as we were on a fly fishing trip is New Mexico. Me my dad and his friend were on our was to the Juan and stopped in Taos to eat. We go in the place order food grab our beers and Bob takes off to the pisser. My dad and I are shooting the bull when this dude comes up and kneels down at the edge of the table and starts talking about how he hasn't eaten in a couple of days then says "do either of you guys need a blower?" First thing I can think is a leaf blower then it sinks in and I tell him no man we are good and don't need anything. Guy leaves and a few seconds later my dad looks at me surprised and says "that guy wanted to suck our dicks". It was a father and son moment I will never forget.
SanAntoneAg
AG
quote:
I think someone was just jacking with us,
Yeah, or something to that effect. Was this near 5 mile dam?
BurrOak
AG
Had a similar incident like what MasterAggie described happen to me while I was walking at Lick Creek Park in CS one evening.
schmellba99
AG
I came across a still smoldering hulk of what used to be a Ford F150, complete with a crisper in the drivers seat one day while in the desert north of the White Tanks just west of Phoenix. That was fun.

I also had to walk about 2 miles through some of tje same desert one night when the battery on my buddy's truck died after several hours of shooting. All i had was a Walther P22 with a single 10 round mag left. It was a full mood, and every time i came over a ridge or draw i fully expected to walk into a No Country For Old Men scene. Very unnerving, but interesting all a the same time.

Another time i was about 5 miles southwest of where we came across the burning truck doing some scouting. I am in the middle of a flat area that was pretty thick with mesquite scrub when i nearly fall into a pit oddly shaped like a grave in the middle of nowhere. Somebody drove a backhoe out there, dug a 6 foot or so deep pit about 3 feet wide and 8 or 10 feet long, then drove off. I didnt wait around too long after coming across that one.

Weird things would sometimes happen out in the desert.
Bitter Old Man
AG
IDAGG, did you and your buddy ever discuss the possibilities of it being a beaver?
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Had a similar incident like what MasterAggie described happen to me while I was walking at Lick Creek Park in CS one evening.

Interesting proposition in a park with that namesake....
IDAGG
AG
quote:
IDAGG, did you and your buddy ever discuss the possibilities of it being a beaver?

No we didn't. I didn't think we were near water, but it was dark so who knows. It was a classic case of "a bump in the night" or "fear of the unknown". I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for what happened. But not knowing what it was, and a very dark completely empty campground......and your imagination goes into overdrive.
IDAGG
AG
quote:
I came across a still smoldering hulk of what used to be a Ford F150, complete with a crisper in the drivers seat one day while in the desert north of the White Tanks just west of Phoenix. That was fun.

Another time i was about 5 miles southwest of where we came across the burning truck doing some scouting. I am in the middle of a flat area that was pretty thick with mesquite scrub when i nearly fall into a pit oddly shaped like a grave in the middle of nowhere. Somebody drove a backhoe out there, dug a 6 foot or so deep pit about 3 feet wide and 8 or 10 feet long, then drove off. I didnt wait around too long after coming across that one.

Weird things would sometimes happen out in the desert.

Holy crap schmellba, both of those would creep me out. The trench sounds like somebody was preparing a grave for future use. I wouldn't hang around either.
FSGuide
quote:
I came across a still smoldering hulk of what used to be a Ford F150, complete with a crisper in the drivers seat one day while in the desert
north of the White Tanks just west of Phoenix. That was fun

During my MP years I was around more than one vehicle with a crisper as you call it. The smell would put me off of eating brisket for a few days each time.
BurrOak
AG
quote:

I heard from someone awhile after that happened that Lick Creek Park is a place known for where those types of folks frequent.

Now everytime I think about it, I'm reminded of the scene in There's Something About Mary when Ben Stiller picks up the hitchhiker and stops to take a piss on the side of the road.
Phil Garner
quote:

Did they accept your proposition?
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:

Did they accept your proposition?
Build It
AG
Scmellba99

That could have been a trench dug by artifact hunters. I know a guy who used to do this until he got busted in New Mexico. Used a hoe to dig a trench in a suspected area, then hand dug when he found the loot.
ursusguy
AG
*Buddy and I stopped at a roadside park outside of Graham so I could pee. This was about 1 AM. Out of nowhere an attractive woman popped out of with a "broken down car". In hindsight, the attractiveness could have been related to 2 months of working at a boy scout camp goggles. After a couple minutes, not so shocking, her boyfriend pops up too. Turned out, thank God, they actually had a messed up car. By shear stupid luck, I actually figured out how to fix their issue. Then it got weird. We'll just say she offered up a tag team, "and I'm clean". Yeah......no way in hell. Then I hear "well, we missed the party tonight, do yall have an coke?" Not thinking this through, I did have a couple Cokes, and said "Yes". They instantaneously both turned into raving loonies running to, and trying to dig through my truck. We had to physically drag the woman out the window.

*Worked for several months down in the Florida Keys chasing little Key deer around. Had on buck that hung out by himself out in the boonies on No Name Key. You had to drive to the end of a blacktop road, then drive out about a mile on an unpaved, locked USFWS refuge road. Generally it took about 10 minutes to figure out where he was. I did a lot of my telemetry work between midnight and 6 AM. On the night in question, I turned off the paved road about 1 AM. I find the deer fairly quickly, maybe 8 minutes. When I got turned around, first thing I see is that there is a very bright orange glow from back at the gate. Really no doubt that there is a really big fire, I had no cell phone, no one picking up the radio, and the road/gate is the only way out of there. Sure enough, there's burning old VW complete with charred driver about 20 feet from the gate.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

I heard from someone awhile after that happened that Lick Creek Park is a place known for where those types of folks frequent.

Now everytime I think about it, I'm reminded of the scene in There's Something About Mary when Ben Stiller picks up the hitchhiker and stops to take a piss on the side of the road.

Sad to say, but back in the day before the roads were paved out there, a guy kidnapped an Aggie from a parking lot on campus, took her out to Lick Creek Park and slit her throat, leaving her tied to a tree.

She survived though, and managed to get untied and made her way back to the road where (thank the Lord) a car happened to be passing by. They rushed her to the hospital and she made it. The police caught the guy.
IDAGG
AG
So ursus if I understand you, in the few minutes it took you to drive the mile down the dirt road and locate the deer, someone got roasted in a VW by the gate? Holy Crap! I assume foul play? Ever find out what happened?
BigCountryAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sad to say, but back in the day before the roads were paved out there, a guy kidnapped an Aggie from a parking lot on campus, took her out to Lick Creek Park and slit her throat, leaving her tied to a tree.

She survived though, and managed to get untied and made her way back to the road where (thank the Lord) a car happened to be passing by. They rushed her to the hospital and she made it. The police caught the guy.

The girl that got abducted and raped that you're referring to was my sister's roommate at the time the incident happened.

They were living at Treehouse Village but she was abducted on campus I believe.

She did, in fact survive and went on to live a pretty normal life in the Austin area if I'm not mistaken. She was in my sisters wedding a few years after that horrible incident.

It was truly a miracle she survived as her throat was cut from ear to ear. She untied herself and crawled several hundred yards to a road where she was found by a driver passing by.

I'll never forget what happened to that poor girl.
techno-ag
AG
Small world. Hope she's continuing to do well.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.